Menu

in hospital - hit by a speeding hit and run last night......

Joanne

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in to see if anyone has heard from Joanne. I hope she's getting some rest and isn't in too much pain. :(

I have been thinking of her since I read her post, and I am very worried about her.

That's what I was just thinking too. I was wondering if there is anyone here who knows her irl & can give an update.

:grouphug:

Just checking in to see if anyone has heard from Joanne. I hope she's getting some rest and isn't in too much pain. :(

I have been thinking of her since I read her post, and I am very worried about her.

Hoping for an update either from Joanne or someone who knows her IRL...

Also hoping they found the driver and that he has insurance. If he doesn't... and doesn't have much... there may be real bills. Should that be the case and someone sets up a reputable fund, please let us all know.

Hoping for an update either from Joanne or someone who knows her IRL...

Also hoping they found the driver and that he has insurance. If he doesn't... and doesn't have much... there may be real bills. Should that be the case and someone sets up a reputable fund, please let us all know.

Yes!

Either way isn't the driver the responsible one?

Are you responding to creekland? If so, yes he is still responsible, but if he has no assets, there will be nothing there to meet that responsibility.

… Also hoping they found the driver and that he has insurance. If he doesn't... and doesn't have much... there may be real bills. Should that be the case and someone sets up a reputable fund, please let us all know.

Are you responding to creekland? If so, yes he is still responsible, but if he has no assets, there will be nothing there to meet that responsibility.

But he will be the one to deal with all the bills right? It can't be her fault. My room mate hit a car when she had no insurance. It didn't matter, she had to cover all bills. That driver paid nothing and the reason I know this is he was actually someone we knew. I know that years later my room mate filed bankruptcy on all of it, but the hospital, car repair bills all of it went to her not the  victim. He never paid up front or had anything to do with any of it all once the police report and all was filed. It just doesn't seem like she would have to worry about any of it since it was nothing to do with her and he ran.

Yes, get a lawyer. Even if the other driver had no insurance you can sue him, and more importantly, the laywer can negotiate with YOUR car insurance. My dh was hit by a driver with no insurance. We ended up getting a lawyer, who negotiated with our own insurance company (car insurance) to get all medical bills covered, plus additional for lost work, pain, etc. It was about 5 times higher than what the insurance company initially wanted to offer us. 

That sounds all hunky dory, unless the hit and run driver did not have a license, or insurance, or any other money to be sued for! I think she rightly has a lot of worry, no matter what, unfortunately.

As for another poster's question--I don't think she's in Harris county anymore. In the past, she looked in to virtually every option available for healthcare. This is just so unfair.

I hope she can just focus on her physical recovery at the moment.

That sounds all hunky dory, unless the hit and run driver did not have a license, or insurance, or any other money to be sued for! I think she rightly has a lot of worry, no matter what, unfortunately.

My eldest daughter was hit in a crosswalk last year. The driver was underinsured and without substantial assets. Fortunately, we had underinsured motorist coverage on our auto insurance policy which will cover the balance of the settlement (which will not be for another year or so as we're waiting until her growth plates seal to rule out the slight possibility any ongoing issues). But our insurance company doesn't deem it worth the expense to go after the driver's assets because their likelihood of recovering the money is small.