Menu

Vent thread: what’s annoying you today?

Mrs Tiggywinkle

I am here at office ALONE on Sunday working on gigantic death tax return and the associated funding of trusts post death.  Various people continue to tell me they want to learn about gift and death taxes so someone will be familiar with them when I retire; the other partner who was well versed in them has already retired.  However, every single time I remind those people that we have a new death tax project, they are "too busy to get to it right now"  but not so busy that they are working weekends.

• Sad 10

The support piece that transverses the bottom of our two year old sofa broke and the company claims the warranty doesn't cover structural or mechanical failure. If DGD had poured Koolaid on it, the fabric would be covered.

But, since I am doing my 30 days of gratitude - I am grateful DH is home today and has the clamps, angle iron, and power tools to repair it. I am grateful we will be able to save for a new sofa in 2022.

I am so tempted to have DGD come over and play with my markers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Our car situation. 4 drivers, 3 cars, but 1 car is very old and awaiting inspection (which it may not pass due to age and rust). And decent affordable used cars are nowhere to be found.  

If car 3 is not back on Wednesday, someone is going to have to uber to/from work. It won't be me: I work from home, and I have Wednesdays off. Which means I will be trapped at home all day with no car (and no where interesting or useful to walk).  And there is a bookstore I've been wanting to explore alone... 

However being home alone is nice too so at least there's that. 

• Sad 2

Making a suggestion and not getting a response. When I call him on it, he tells me it's obvious that he's doing what I asked. Then he turns it around so I'm the one being unreasonable in expecting a verbal response. I won that discussion when I pointed out 2 other possible, entirely likely, responses. He agreed about the other possibilities, but there was no apology. This happens several times a week. I'm still annoyed a day later!

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Crappy movies that claim to be based on my favorite books. A Wrinkle in Time, I’m looking at you.

What’s annoying you today? Vent away. 🙂

That movie seriously annoyed me when it came out a couple years ago.  I actually wrote a Facebook rant that was long and in depth and went into all the reasons why the movie's theme directly contradicted the book's.  

• Like 4

Determining to get my act together and actually weigh (or begin the process needed to weigh) what I put into my treadmill each night. Wasting 2 weeks and knowing the gap between what I put in and my actual weight has actually grown.

Dh - seriously. I just can't anymore with him. And Thanksgiving is coming up which means he will be home for four...long...days. I can't handle a regular weekend - no, let's make that an evening with him! Eeyore + Rabbit have nothing on this guy for negativity and seeing an argument in every gosh darn thing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

7 minutes ago, BakersDozen said:

Dh - seriously. I just can't anymore with him. And Thanksgiving is coming up which means he will be home for four...long...days. I can't handle a regular weekend - no, let's make that an evening with him! Eeyore + Rabbit have nothing on this guy for negativity and seeing an argument in every gosh darn thing.

Oh I feel you on this so hard!   I am already dreading Thanksgiving because he will be here.    When he is the house the energy changes and just stinks.   I call him Eeyore all the time.    For my estranged husband it is the negativity combined with a massive martyr complex.   I am making a schedule for the days he is here.  For part of the day he gets the downstairs and me the upstairs, then it switches for the rest of the day.  It is going to be in writing with specific times and e-mailed to him a couple of days before the holiday.   It isn't perfect at all, but at least I won't have to be in the same room with him.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Is it horrible of me to already be dreading the "What elaborate Christmas thing are you doing?" mommy talks? It was one of the nice things about the pandemic, I didn't have to talk about/listen to all the elf on a shelf, hay for Jesus, advent presents, Santa visit, etc. things.

I want my holidays to be laid back and mostly about sharing a meal and connecting with family.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I’m annoyed by myself because I’m a jealous brat. I’m jealous because my 50 year old, single, childless sister is buying a house that is 1,700 sq ft house with 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and 4 acres. I feel so frustrated when I live in a 3 bed, 1 bath, 1,000 sq ft house on 1/4 of an acre. My kids and I spend so many hours outside on our tiny little space and we would love to have room to spread out and explore. My sister will literally never do Anything outside. There are 6 of us crammed in here. Why does 1 person need 2 bathrooms. It just looks so impractical from my point of view. Why does she even want a place like that. Like I said, that’s all on me, I’m a jealous brat.

Also, I lost my grocery list. 😩

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

39 minutes ago, Clarita said:

Is it horrible of me to already be dreading the "What elaborate Christmas thing are you doing?" mommy talks? It was one of the nice things about the pandemic, I didn't have to talk about/listen to all the elf on a shelf, hay for Jesus, advent presents, Santa visit, etc. things.

I want my holidays to be laid back and mostly about sharing a meal and connecting with family.

Right? I hate the feeling of trying to keep up with what the other parents are doing. Withdrawing from society has been so healthy for me. If I could kick social media, 👍

• Like 4

6 hours ago, math teacher said:

Angry with myself for eating junk and for wasting time.

Oh yes.  I’ve got to get back on the wagon. Again. 

Also my daughter putting YouTube on a 2 hours of “classic Christmas music” video. Apparently “classic Christmas music” is Bing Crosby mixed with even more Bing Crosby. The Christmas music before Thanksgiving was annoying enough before we added BC and his shrill backup singers into the mix!  

And the fake Christmas tree (put up by the aforementioned early celebrator) is making the whole house smell like plastic. 

• Like 3

Well how much time do you have?  LOL!

My sinuses!  Now is really not the time for this!

My procrastination - which is why I can't just go to bed and nurse my sinuses.

My lack of self-control, which is why I ate most of my kid's unwanted Halloween candy in too short a time.

My puppy when he gets on a barking rant and nobody addresses it and I'm trying to concentrate.

Alternately my hot flashes and chills.

Being the bad guy whenever anything goes wrong, including things I had nothing to do with.

A fair number of other things I won't bore you with ....

• Like 5

6 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

Periods.

I'm 42. It'll be a long time before I can tell them goodbye. I'm done having kids. Let's just stop this nonsense.

I wish I had mine back. 😞 I went through menopause at 48. It sucks for me. I hate everything about it. HATE IT. I would give anything to have periods again at this point. So yeah, it’s annoying that I cannot have s$& without PAIN. Ever. Even the idea of it is repulsive. That’s NOT fair. I used to be normal. Womanly. Sexual. I had a libido. It was fun. 

It’s all gone. I feel robbed. I’m sure dh feels robbed. And it’s the thing no one wants to talk about. Which makes my struggle even worse. Because plenty of women have fabulous s&$ lives after menopause according to magazines…what the hell is wrong with me? I’m too young for this. So yeah…BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

Edited by popmom
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

YES. I’m almost 45 and if I follow what my mom did, I probably have another ten years. It makes me want to cry. 

Stop!! Y’all are killing me. I’ll trade you. Give me back my periods. Please!

what sucks even more about this is that I never hated my menstrual cycle. Even with pms and pain and all of it. I stayed grateful for the miracle of it. Because that’s what it is. Such a beautiful, miraculous design. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, popmom said:

I wish I had mine back. 😞 I went through menopause at 48. It sucks for me. I hate everything about it. HATE IT. I would give anything to have periods again at this point. So yeah, it’s annoying that I cannot have s$& without PAIN. Ever. Even the idea of it is repulsive. That’s NOT fair. I used to be normal. Womanly. Sexual. I had a libido. It was fun. 
It’s all gone. I feel robbed. I’m sure dh feels robbed. And it’s the thing no one wants to talk about. Which makes my struggle even worse. Because plenty of women have fabulous s&$ lives after menopause according to magazines…what the hell is wrong with me? I’m too young for this. So yeah…BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

One can have horrendous periods and zero sex drive. Ask me how I know.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, regentrude said:

One can have horrendous periods and zero sex drive. Ask me how I know.

Yeah, I’ve been there…mostly after the birth of a baby and breastfeeding. That was a similar hormonal situation. It’s never perfect. I’m sorry you’ve experienced that. I would say I’m glad I’m not alone, but it’s just sad. And hard.

ETA: honestly, I’ve struggled w painful S$& for most of my marriage. It got so much better in my late 30s and 40s. It just makes it even more discouraging to lose it when I did. But my dh is so understanding…he knows I’m dealing with a lot of other heavy stuff. I’m very grateful for him. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Sneezyone said:

Middle age. I can’t do as much yard work as I used to without needing a recovery day and the cost of manual labor is (fair but) astronomical right now.

Yes.  I have to seriously pace myself.  And I can't do the same thing all day any longer

41 minutes ago, popmom said:

I don't know if this would help you, but - although I am not using systemic HRT - I use vaginal hormones twice a week, which means that the vagina self-lubricates as if it was before menopause.  Something like this:

https://www.vagifem.com/

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, regentrude said:

aside from the fact that I am planning my father's funeral while trying to handle my classes remote with a seven hour time difference: Covid is insane here and I got a fever blister and my period. 

I’m so sorry about the loss of your father.  I really hope you had the chance to say goodbye in some way 🙁

Edited by Ausmumof3
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

Ds's car.  It can't have normal problems like a normal car.  Nooooooo.  It has to have a headlight that fills with water, which kinda freaked out our mechanic (who's a whole story in his own right).

Piggybacking on that.

My dh's truck

It has a seal on the door that nobody can fix.

Which means that when it rains, water runs into the fuse box. Random things happen when you have water in the fuse box. The radio turns itself on and off mysteriously. The windshied wipers randomly come on. It'll just suddenly start itself in the driveway. We've burned up 2 starters. So now this massive F250 is taking up all the space in the garage. And it can't be driven in wet weather.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I bought a round of expensive snow boots for my kids in two sizes too big less than 6 weeks ago.  One size for the thick wool socks they like. One for growing room.  Now that we’re seeing a bit of snow I’ve discovered HALF the kids have already outgrown or almost outgrown the boots that were nearly falling off last month.  

5 hours ago, popmom said:

A few people have asked Mama Dr Jones about this since I’ve been following her.  She’s an OBGYN. She says it’s one of the most common questions she gets, and it’s common after baby, on some hormonal birth control pills, after menopause, trauma, or depression. The two most researched things to help are changing hormonal medications and reading erotica.  At one point she was even sponsored by some sort of erotica app.  And to stop pain, lube. 

The other thing is David Sinclair has a book out called Lifespan, about different research he’s doing at Harvard to treat aging like a disease instead of something inevitable. He doesn’t exactly recommend some supplements because they’re still in the experimental phase, but the research is so compelling about some of them that several of his colleagues not only take them, but have their families take them too. And one of them restores periods in post-menopausal women.  I think it was NMN. If you’re interested I’d definitely read that book. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, rebcoola said:

Being a woman.  My period always makes my SI joint pain so much. Worse today I am also nauseated and cramping and just miserable.  Of course DHis at work so I've got to suck it up and take care of the 2 yr old.

I’m sorry.  Does one of those belts help? They knocked my pain in half when I injured mine a few months ago.