Menu

What's the weather look like where you are today?

theelfqueen

Minneapolis

-5F this morning when DW biked in. 0F now at noon. 5F projected high. ~5 inches of snow on the ground.

Forecast: Friday 5-8inches of snow. Saturday High 7F Low -23F. Sunday High -9F Low -14F

But, next week's in the teens and twenties during the day... great sledding and skating weather :)

• Like 2

Minneapolis

-5F this morning when DW biked in. 0F now at noon. 5F projected high. ~5 inches of snow on the ground.

Forecast: Friday 5-8inches of snow. Saturday High 7F Low -23F. Sunday High -9F Low -14F

But, next week's in the teens and twenties during the day... great sledding and skating weather :)

Biking to work in that weather wow!

IS that on a fat tire bike?

-9C overnight. It's -5 right now. It's beautiful and sunny and there's snow & everything looks like a winter post card. 

I'm bundled in so many layers that I can barely move.  This is a good representation of me at the computer. Excuse typos because  gloves...

Isn't that like 16 degrees Farenheit?

14F here right now, and down to 7 tonight. 

I hear you.

55 and sunny in Houston! It's chilly! It'll be back up to 74 tomorrow and 78 by Sunday.

Yep.  Then immediately back to 56 and 45 after that.  You know how it goes in Texas.  If you don't like the weather, just give it a minute.   :)

ETA:  So glad it's sunny today!

Edited by aggie96
  • Like 1

Windy and temps are dropping as the day progresses. We are in upper 30s now heading down to 18ish. But, the day after tomorrow we are supposed to be back up in the 60s. Virginia always has weird weather.

I'm in NC and our weather is about the same. High tomorrow 33, high Sunday 63. If you averaged those two highs out it would work out to right about our average for this time of the year. Which proves that knowing an average doesn't tell you much. :lol: 

• Like 2

A cold front came in yesterday and we still had some precipitation then--mostly icy rain/slush, but then a little snow. Temps hit below freezing yesterday evening, so we have about an inch or two of snow on frozen slush. Good enough for a little sledding on our street which is a steep hill. And good enough for no public school today. Yay! I don't have to drive anywhere!

It's 15 F today, so warmer than it has been in the last week and a half, and snowing. We are supposed to have anywhere from a few inches to half a foot or more over the next two days, so nothing particularly newsworthy.

Currently it's 7 degrees but it was -6 when I left this morning.  Wind chill was around -20. We have plenty of snow on the ground and I guess more on the way- a customer just rescheduled her Saturday cake order due to predicted weather.  

Meanwhile my dd who lives in Florida is kind of complaining about how humid it is right now and how much she misses seasons. 

Right now it's 9 degrees, but with the wind it feels colder. It's practically a heat wave compared to this morning when it was in the negatives before wind chill. It's supposed to warm up a bit for Fri/Sat for the snowstorm before Sunday ends up below zero. It's supposed to be in the 30s next week which is good as I was going to add some mileage in on my runs. Dh ran yesterday and he said it felt about the same out then as it did today.

It's 15 F today, so warmer than it has been in the last week and a half, and snowing. We are supposed to have anywhere from a few inches to half a foot or more over the next two days, so nothing particularly newsworthy.

:lol: Life as we know it would come to a halt here.

Right now it's 3F. I think we topped out at 9F this afternoon. It was sunny though, so the half of our house with the southern exposure was nice and warm with pets stretched out in patches of sunshine. Now that the sun is going down the house feels much colder. We have about eight inches of snow on the ground after a couple of storms the last two weeks. We're supposed to get a wintry mix tomorrow and Saturday, then have a high of -4 on Sunday. This is is January weather, not mid-December.

We had a little cold front so it dropped down to the mid 70s.  Suppose to be back up in the 80s by Saturday.  I love Florida.  I told my husband for years I was coming here for the winters.  He should have taken me seriously.   Have been here for 18 months now with our youngest DC   :lol:

• Like 1

15 or so. Lots of snow. Public schools are on their 3rd snow day in a week. We haven't gotten out much- but dh did take the kids to TKD this evening. Apparently, they never cancel for anything. Dh doesn't mind the roads as much as I do, he grew up here- I'm a transplant!