Menu

9:30 am Thursday - a snapshot of our lives

creekland

For me:

1)  This morning I'll be supervising a Talent Show at school as it's a special spring "event" day there.

2)  Normally (during the school year), we're in our 2nd class of the day.  That runs from 8:50 - 10am, so at 9:30 we're nearer to the end.

When I'm not working, there is no normal, other than I've been up for at least 4 hours, so am well into my day.

For me 9:30 am was an hour ago. Not sure exactly what I was doing at exactly that moment. I have done two loads of laundry which I am about to put on the line. Tidied the kitchen after last night's tv viewing snacks. Had two cups of tea and finished a book so I can return it on today's library trip. I have also caught up on my websites.

Kids were up and online, getting ready to start school. Dh had started his work day. Works from home.

During term time dd has an art class on a Thursday morning. Otherwise typical.

At 9:30 I'll likely either be doing household chores, giving the dog a bath/haircut or be on my way to mow at my (deceased) mother's house.  Which I'm doing will depend on the weather.  I'd planned on mowing, but it's raining.

All of the above are normal chores.

(But it's also possible I'll be sitting right here on my tush browsing TWTM. :lol: )

I am going to drive carpool this am and then go out for breakfast with a friend.  We will most likely still be sitting and gabbing at 9:30am.   Costco opens at 10am and I need to hit Costco today to buy everything needed for my son's get together tomorrow night AND some new swim suits for a pool party that may very well not even happy Saturday as they are predicting storms.

For me, on a long-term substitute teacher assignment...

9:30 am, I'll be supervising the locker cleanout for the 7th grade boys at school (expecting to find long-lost treasures) and mentally reviewing plans to administer the final to my 8th grade English students at 10:30.

I will be at my desk at work grading papers. This is usual for a Thursday. I do this three days a week. However not much longer. I have notice at this job a week ago.

Dd will be at school. This is usual, but she is a graduating senior do not much longer.

Older ds. Who knows. He's not scheduled to today. His online summer classes have not started. I guess this is usual for college student.

Younger ds will be at school. This is usual.

Back when we were homeschooling I think it was less predictable.

I will be taking my two big kids to the public school for their music classes. This is usual for the school year, but there's only one more week of school left. What is unusual is that my parents and in-laws will be at our house helping us pack and clean to move tomorrow. We also don't know if we'll be back to the same school for specials next year because I'm waiting to find out if the district open enrollment applies to homeschoolers.

• Like 1

at 9:30 I will be at a hair appt. 

It's not normally what I do on Thursday, but it is what I do every 5-6 weeks on Thursdays :)

*today's my carpool day too, so I'll be leaving soon, dropping off boys at school, then picking up a quick breakfast somewhere, and then off to my appt.

I will probably be putting some finishing touches on portfolios while the kids work on math and laundry is running.

I don't normally put finishing touches on portfolios on Thursdays.

Math and laundry are fairly normal, but other Thursdays might have me driving at 9:30 to Lego Club or Environmental Education classes.  Or hiding in bed, playing online. Or trying to drag the older kids out of bed.

We're not really "schedule people".

Oldest has outside class every Thursday afternoon and I don't drive. So hubby drop us off at the library nearest to his class on the way to work. At 9:30am, we'll be reading outside the library waiting for it to open. When the library opens, kids will be doing their math while I read library's copy of WSJ and NY Times.

Today at 9:30 I'll be outside painting window trim. It's really hard to maintain a 135 year old house. Ugh. Scraping old paint, sanding window trim, glazing the window, priming, painting, caulking.  So it's not really just 'painting' but at 9:30 I actually will be painting.  And of course listening to podcasts!

Usually on Thursday mornings I am teaching math. During the school year I work as a tutor- usually to help local public schooled kids get caught up. But Thursday mornings are usually when I work for a homeschooling family who graciously pays me to teach their kids instead of the mom doing it.  It's been a great job for the past 6 years! They end school in early May so I've been done for a few weeks. 

Edited by Annie G
  • Like 1

Yesterday at 9:30 A.M. I was sitting in the bimonthly team meeting for my youngest's Applied Behavioral Analysis therapy discussing her progress towards her ABA program goals.

Today at 9:30 A.M. I will most likely be watching one of the lectures for my college courses while my kids do their work. If something pressing comes up between now and then, I will be on the phone and/or computer dealing with that matter. There will be a load of laundry running and probably a load of dishes.

Today at 9:30, I will most likely still be sitting on the sofa at my dd's waiting for her to wake up. In a city 800 miles from my home. After dropping everything to fly here because she was in the ICU with dka.

Most definitely not my usual routine.

This morning we're finishing up a science lap book and putting the finishing touches on portfolios in preparation for evaluations.

Normally my older two have PE on Thursday mornings and I go to Panera Bread with my youngest but last week was their last class for the school year. 

Drinking a double cappuccino on the couch, watching the birds at the feeders. DS is studying at the kitchen table, and DD is snuggling next to me, talking about birds. And intermittently texting a snake-loving friend about coming over today for a snake hunt. (We find, identify, hold if non-venomous and release. No snakes are harmed!).

This is normal.

Edited by Spryte

• Supposed to be working, but reading WTM and thinking of taking a nap.
  • Trying to get my kids' pocket knives to work properly.

Is it normal?  I don't really have a "normal" for 9:30am.  Sometimes I'm napping, sometimes I'm ramping up my day's work, sometimes I'm doing housework or other "personal" stuff.  Can you tell I'm not a morning person?

Saw this elsewhere (on the net) and thought it was interesting.

1) At 9:30 am (your time), what are/were you doing this morning (Thursday)?

2) Is this "normal" or would you normally be doing something else at 9:30 am on Thursdays?

1) At 9:30am I will be about 3 miles into a 10 mile walk.

2) This is a normal event for me on a Thursday when I am feeling good.  The mileage may vary but I am usually walking or hiking.  If I am feeling out of sorts (read depressed) I am usually found watching TV or Netflix.

We're celebrating Sarah's birthday today so I'm headed to town for ingredients for dinner shortly - as soon as I'm dressed and human looking.

Unusual.  Normally I'd be dressed by now but my grandfather is coming today so we're picking up this AM, rearranging things for convenient sitting, etc. 

My house is almost spotless.  Now THAT is unusual for a Thursday morning, lol.

1) in a class with my littles

2) this is a normal Thursday, but most other days, the toddlers and I read aloud, work on letters and numbers, and talk. We then walk to the park if it's a nice day or go to an indoor playground.

I made a long to do list.  I just have way more to do today than normal, but I still have to sit here and make sure that Latin gets done.  I'm going to fold laundry at the table just to make sure no one's mind wanders and doodling starts happening!

9:30 still seems far away. I will probably be helping the kids finish their state reports (last school assignment of the year!) or organizing something. Pretty normal summer stuff.

During the school year, would be doing school.

Edited by Guest

Two older kids are watching Nature Cat with a pile of field guides, paper, and markers, coming up with their own nature study ideas. Little guy is helping me pull up carpet staples off the stairs. I'm a little concerned that the 2yo is having an easier time with it than me.

Normally, we'd be doing seat work right now, but I have to get this flooring done ASAP.

9:30 still seems far away. I will probably be helping the kids finish their state reports (last school assignment of the year!) or organizing something. Pretty normal summer stuff.

During the school year, would be doing school.

Ignore me...no clue why, but I feel the need to point out that it is not summer.

:lol:

This morning at 9:30, I had finished walking with the dog and doing some cleaning in the kitchen and feeding the pets and was sitting in my "office" looking out the front window at the cardinals and bluejays and butterflies hanging around in my yard. My son wandered in to touch base about his schedule for the next couple of days, and we put some things on the Google calendar. 

It's a fairly typical Thursday morning, although sometimes I do some online tutoring during that time or catch up on laundry or similar household stuff. (And during the academic year, of course, my son would be on campus on a weekday morning.)  I work afternoons/evenings on Wednesdays and Thursdays and so do my best to spend the morning in a fairly low-key way and save my energy.

Edited by Jenny in Florida

Thursday mornings are the day the piano/voice teacher comes. This means the boys all need to be up and showered earlier than normal. Which means the hot water runs out, so even though I've been up for over 4 hours, I'm stuck in my room waiting for hot water so I can shower (can't shower earlier because I can't do the treadmill until about the time they have to start using the hot water, and once I shower I know I won't exercise).

This is normal for Thursday morning. I do try to redeem the time and catch up on computer work.

9:30 a.m. Sitting in my pj's returning 4-H and rocket team inquiry emails, and grading two exams from yesterday that I forgot to do last night. As always, sucking down the last dregs of the 2 a.m. pot of coffee. No matter where I am in the world, unless I'm unconscious or something, I'm inhaling caffeine at that time of day.

This is fairly normal for Thursday mornings. I keep a fairly strict homeschool schedule, and generally refuse to schedule appointments in the mornings. Returning emails and correspondence, making a check of the WTM boards, grading and school paperwork, and LAUNDRY are just the normal same old same old at 9:30 a.m.

Edited by FaithManor

2) Is this "normal" or would you normally be doing something else at 9:30 am on Thursdays?

1. Sitting at Starbucks.

2. It's a normal Thursday at 0930  :lol:. 

By Thursday I'm getting frazzled with the kids and home, so this is my "we're almost to Friday but it seems SO! FAR! AWAY!" sanity saver. Any kid is welcome to come with if they don't talk to me while we're there. But I need the mental focus time if we're all going to live to see the weekend - together.

• Like 1

At 9:30am I will be on a conference call for work. DD15 will be eating cookies with her band class.

This is normal for me - the downside to working from home is lots of conference calls.  Totally worth it though.

Eating cookies in band is not normal for DD.  This is the last day of school, so she baked a batch of Oatmeal Raisin Amazin's last night to share.  The cookies were REALLY good.  During the school year, she would be working on math usually at 9:30am.  In summer, she would be snoring because she gets to sleep in.

Ignore me...no clue why, but I feel the need to point out that it is not summer.

:lol:

We have gone over 100*. It is summer. ;)

ETA: local schools are finishing up here as early as yesterday, so technically...

Edited by Guest

At 9:30 a.m. I was finishing up putting the ingredients for Cuban pork and sweet potatoes in the crockpot then I was out the door to feed and water the chickens.

I usually feed and water chicks at 9 so I was running a bit late.  By 9:30 I'm usually done with morning chores and ready to relax unless it's during the regular school year then on Thursdays we're usually finishing getting ready to go to violin lessons for younger dd.

At 9:30 today dh, my oldest D's, and I were at our friend's home washing walls and woodwork and bleaching showerheads and wiping down every surface in the house with antibacterial soap and wipes. This is in preparation for their son to come home from out of state after his stem cell transplant. Exciting time...but certainly not our normal.

Usually Thursday mornings I am either substitute teaching or doing laundry/cleaning here at home.

Saw this elsewhere (on the net) and thought it was interesting.

1) I was getting coffee and about to get ready to go out. I had scheduled a school picture for ds in a town 30 minutes away. 

2) Definitely not normal to be getting a school picture, but going out soon would have been. Ds has piano practice on most Thursdays at 11, so by 9:30, he's probably practicing his lesson one more time or doing a bit of school work before we have to go. 

We only have school for 2 more weeks (except for math and reading all summer), so everything will change soon.