Menu

Sigh. Dh lost his job yesterday

Scarlett

Please don't be embarrased and tell everyone you know. But don't say he was fired, just say he is needs a job and here is what he does or wants to do. Most jobs come from contacts. That is why you don't want to shut down, even if it feels most comfortable. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Also, while I think in some earlier age, unemployment was llooked on as a failure, I don't think it is nowadays. The economy has just been so bad for so long. Many people have lost jobs and I think that everyone who hasn;t feels extremely lucky- not superior. Or at least they do if they are not nasty people.

Please don't be embarrased and tell everyone you know. But don't say he was fired, just say he is needs a job and here is what he does or wants to do. Most jobs come from contacts. That is why you don't want to shut down, even if it feels most comfortable. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Also, while I think in some earlier age, unemployment was llooked on as a failure, I don't think it is nowadays. The economy has just been so bad for so long. Many people have lost jobs and I think that everyone who hasn;t feels extremely lucky- not superior. Or at least they do if they are not nasty people.

Yes, I know I have to tell people. Contacts are the way you get a job....he left this morning at 7:30 to go run down some leads...My parents are on a trip and I don't want to spoil it for them....Haven't told ds yet. He leaves for his dad's today and will be back on Sunday...figure that will be soon enough.

And yes, I also discussed with dh the way to phrase that he is no longer working there. I don't think they will give him a bad referral, so he doesn't need to bad mouth them or himself. Without lying, just tell that he was laid off.

Thankfully we have no mortgage...and no car payments. Just got to get enough money together to pay utilities and eat. Silver lining, no commuter costs (at least $120 a week) for now.

A friend of mine is looking for someone to do a big remodel job on a house they just bought. Dh is highly skilled at that stuff....but we hate to have him obligated to a remodel job if he gets a call to go back to a job in his field. He needs the non physical work ultimately...his health just can't take long term physical work. Maybe they would let him take it with the condition he will bail if he gets a job offer. I don't know....thinking out loud.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: We've BTDT too. However, God took care of us and we didn't go without. Like you we didn't have a mortgage or car payment. That helped tremendously. It is a scary time, but keep the faith. God is watching over you. Two year's later, my dh's former employer called to get him back. We grew tremendously during that 2 years and came to realize that it's not dh's job that sustains us, it's God. Without Him, we'd have nothing. Sending prayers your way

Sending you hugs and prayers!

I have to say, though, that I give him a tremendous amount of credit for immediately taking action and trying to find a new job. So many people get depressed and sit home on the couch and mope, but your dh got himself right back out there.

I'm praying that he finds something soon -- he sounds like such a great guy!

And why bother telling your parents or your ds right now? There's no reason to worry them, and for all you know, your dh might find something else before anyone ever even needs to know he lost this job. I would suggest not saying anything right away to anyone, unless they might have job leads for your dh. Otherwise, it's really none of their business.