Menu

Just for fun... where would you live

With dh: Costa Rica or Belize

without dh: England, somewhere, never been there but I have lived vicariously through those that have. *sigh*

ds: wants to live in Japan, doing a world tour about every 2-3 years. He would go to Russia, then Germany, then visit mum and dad where ever we are, then back to Japan, where he would speak no English. That's his dream.:D

too many choices!

In America:

PNW

Mountains of TN, VA, or NC

Canaan Valley area of PA (there's a great monastery I'd love to live near).

Outside of America

British Columbia or PEI

UK - I'm thinking the Wye River Valley area or down Cornwall way or the Cotswolds or up near the Isle of Skye

NZ - I have a friend on the North Island - I'd like to live near her.

So many places. But I wouldn't want to stay in any of them forever. Some aren't options now, but maybe someday.

Kashgar, Kunming, Toronto, Star Valley, Quito, Seville, Wales, Prague, Jerusalem, Hammerfest, Tallinn, Maine, NYC, Oregon coast, Kamchatka, Copenhagen, Goa, Montevideo, Harare, Addis Ababa, Bogota, Cape Town, Aleppo, Marrakech, Abu Dhabi, Samarqand, and so many more.

if money were no object, but you could not stay where you are now? I want to move to England, preferably rural Suffolk.

I was just reading the Lyttelton Hart Davis Letters (again) last night and I thought: George L was smart enough to retire in Suffolk, must be something to it.

Me? Portugal.

If money were no object, I would not live in any one place. I would travel and live in a variety of places - including a houseboat. I simply could not choose a single place to stay forever :) It's my hope that each of my boys moves to a part of the world that I will want to visit. Then I'll sell everything and just travel between their places :D

If money were no object, I would not live in any one place. I would travel and live in a variety of places - including a houseboat. I simply could not choose a single place to stay forever :) It's my hope that each of my boys moves to a part of the world that I will want to visit. Then I'll sell everything and just travel between their places :D

This - but then, I actually quite like where we are now - I'd just like a much bigger house!

I'd spend most of my time travelling, I think. But the longer stays would be in Caceres and Prague.

caceres spain? we lived there for a short time, and loved it.

we have always moved for jobs, so we have never asked where we'd want to move ....

i think Gatineau, or the canadian rockies, or along the Ningaloo Reef, or Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, or somewhere in Wiltshire, or Edinburgh, or the Lauterbrunnen Valley...

hmmmm....

ann

This. I would have a base on the meditteraean, a house on the beach in a functional city. I would spend several months a year there, but winters skiing and the rest of the year in a different city each year. Where would I start. Hmmmmm, here I come. Buenos Aires or Barcelona!

Actually I am attempting a several months escape next year with kids out of the country. Wish me luck with planning. :D

A liberal hippie educated community somewhere with a climate similar to coastal Southern California (I'm a bit flexible on this but don't much like either heat or cold), in a state/country that is libertarian enough for DH to be happy (ie. not California), with reasonable homeschooling laws or lack thereof, and that is safe enough for me not to feel negligent in bringing the kids there. I'm open to non-US, but preferably English or Spanish speaking, or at least with a good English-speaking community.

I have no clue where this might be.

On a 40-50' sailboat, it doesn't matter where as long as it is in the water.

This makes me imagine a 40-50' sailboat in the middle of a desert :p

Summers in upper peninsula Michigan.

Winters . . . not sure.

Really, though, it's more like I would want to travel EVERYWHERE. I would want to try a new spot every couple years and see the whole world.

:iagree: I am an nomad at heart. I would constantly be on the move. I would love to spend at least a year hitting all the historical sites in Europe. London, Scottish Highlands, Ireland, Paris, the Loire valley, Swiss Alps, Vienna, berlin, Munich, Prague, all of Italy, all of Greece, Poland, St. Petersburg, Moscow. The whole nine yards. Then, I would ride the entire Trans-Siberian railway, taking my time to visit all the stops and soak up as much culture as possible. I'd love to spend time in a yurt in Mongolia. I want to walk on the Great Wall of China. I want to visit Beijing and Hong Kong. I want to sit in Tibet and just be. India!!! Can I just eat my way through India? I'd hit the snot out of Australia. Every major city and the Outback. Maybe we'd spend time on some remote Outback station. Then we would take our yacht to Africa. Oh, the things I would do in Africa! Serengeti, Kilimanjaro, the Congo river, Victoria Falls, South Africa, Namibia-all of it. We would work our way from west to east across North Africa, ending up in Egypt, where we would spend months. Then I would take my private jet to South America and wander around for a while with no purpose whatsoever. Eventually we would cross the Panama Canal, work our way through Central America, and end up, 10 years later, in the US or Canada. Probably both. I'd have a house in Flagstaff, Az., PEI, and maybe a winter house somewhere in the Turks and Caicos.

I have huge dreams;):lol:. In reality, we may go to Disney World next year:tongue_smilie:.