Menu

My hubby just called me to let me know that my youngest dd was in a car accident.

KidsHappen

An out of state driver was making an illegal u-turn and hit her head on. It totaled her car, broke her phone and caused some serious facial damage. She is currently at Vanderbilt hospital because she needs a plastic surgeon. She also lost two crowns that will need to be replaced. I am stuck at home because I can't drive. My hubby was at a social meeting so he is headed to the hospital and my eldest dd picked up my youngest dd's SO to take him to the hospital as well. My anxiety is through the roof as I am waiting for additional news. Prayers and well wishes are welcome.

• Sad 85

Just now, kbutton said:

Praying right now.

FYI: they are likely to want really good photos of her face from before the accident. I don’t know how soon you will need those, but I don’t want you to not know and be scrambling around at some point. I’m not sure how fast stuff moves along.

Thanks for that info. I am pretty sure my hubby has recent ones on his phone so I will let him know. 

• Like 1

I just talked to my hubby and he said she looks pretty rough. She has a neck brace, packing inside her mouth and her head is bandaged. Things are moving so slow because they have 45 patients in the ER and apparently several are more severe than my dd. They gave her a tetanus shot and some anti-biotics. She is still sleeping but her to be MIL is also there now. Two of my dd are now here with me and we are just waiting for another update. I will post when I get more news.

• Sad 22

They got a head CT which was fine and sewed up a superficial lac over her eyebrow that did require quite a few stitches and then they sewed up a major lac where her chin bone was showing. It took two plastic surgeons to do that. Plastic surgery has released her but she still needs a full body CT so trauma can release her as well. They are expecting it to go well but don't know how long it will take. She still has a neck brace and apparently a back brace as well. It has been ten hours since the accident and everyone is feeling a little better now.

• Like 45

2 hours ago, KidsHappen said:

They got a head CT which was fine and sewed up a superficial lac over her eyebrow that did require quite a few stitches and then they sewed up a major lac where her chin bone was showing. It took two plastic surgeons to do that. Plastic surgery has released her but she still needs a full body CT so trauma can release her as well. They are expecting it to go well but don't know how long it will take. She still has a neck brace and apparently a back brace as well. It has been ten hours since the accident and everyone is feeling a little better now.

Just seeing this now.  I am so thankful she is doing better.  Praying for a complete recovery.

• Like 1