Menu

What are you go-to everyday shoes?

Shellydon

Dansko sandals, with socks this time of the year and without in the warmer months.  I can't wear Dansko clogs, and the arch support in these sandals is making the PF in my left foot more bearable so I wear these almost every day.  When I need something I little dressier I usually wear black Abeo pumps, which also have great arches.  The only real trouble with this strategy is that I can't wear slippers and my feet are cold in the mornings.

For inside the house Muk Luks booties similar to this link https://www.macys.com/shop/product/muk-luks-womens-coralee-boot-slippers?ID=5242233

For taking public transport everywhere, I have a few pairs of UGG tall boots to alternate from.

For looking “pretty” when it’s minimal walking and standing, I have a few clogs that are comfortable but not mean for walking long distances. Link is one of the clogs I have https://www.amazon.com/Dansko-Patricia-Womens-Mule/dp/B01JJ4AG6U

• Like 1

Two extremes for me depending on weather...either 1) my beloved Ocean Minded flip flops (I have 5 pairs bc they went out of business so I stocked up!) or 2) my Uggs that are 7 years old. 

I have way too many other shoes, but these are my wear-every-single-day shoes. 

My most common go-tos right now: (sorry can't link right now)

Chaco purple tennis shoes/hiking shoes for errands in cold weather or walking. I only wear these with a straight leg or slight boot cut jeans so it limits my wearing them. 

Brooks Adreneline for walking

Cream color Chuck Taylors with jute laces.

Madden girl brand but a style close to light weight Chuck Taylors for quick errands with skinny jeans. I have a pair in kackhi and a peachy-pink.

I also have an Ecco brand pair of similiar style to above, buy heavier and black suede leather. 

For casual boots a pair of simple black Kork-Ease

For work I wear Asics in solid black.

• Like 1

I adore my Altra Escalante zero drop shoes with custom inserts. Worn them for several years now. They have a wide toe box and fit me great. Really though, the key for me was getting fitted. The Roadrunner chain measures your feet with computers, puts you on a treadmill and videos you, etc. They bring out shoes and basically the first pair they put on you works perfectly because they measured so much. My dd and ds both have really high tops of their feet for whatever reason, so they wear totally different shoes. 

But yeah, the zero drop Altras are amazingly comfortable. I'm pretty much barefoot and wild otherwise. :biggrin:

Fall - Spring, I wear black ankle boots, like Ecco or Clark or Timberland.  In the summer, I wear comfortable slip-on sandals (I've had a pair by SAS for several years now) or a black summer loafer that I can wear without socks (generally Ecco).  I don't like a variety of shoes, and my feet are narrow so I generally have to spend more to get comfortable shoes that fit well.  

Flip flops and Sperry's in the summer. 

Keen hiking shoes or boots in the winter. I have a few pairs of cute winter shoes, but I never wear them. Currently, my hiking shoes are soaking wet from having accidentally stepped into a calf-deep half-frozen puddle the other day (also, my toes are still thawing). Hopefully, they'll dry soon though, although the snow is high and isn't going anywhere for a bit, so boots it is.

In cold weather: Chelsea-style boots from Timberland, either brown or black. (Similar to these. I'm not sure Timberland makes this style for women anymore. I have had these for at least 13 years, have had them each resoled once; they literally get worn every cool/cold day of the year. They are more comfortable to me than sneakers are & I can walk miles & miles in them. Plus they go with pants or skirts. Love, love, love them.)

In warm weather: Usually Tidewater flip-flops. I have 3 designs. Love the strap width on them & where it hits on my foot. Perfect fit. Sometimes I will wear other sandals or ballet flats if I need something dressier.

If I need sneakers, I wear Brooks. I have an extremely hard time finding shoes that fit properly around my heel/are low enough around my ankles. The Brooks brand trail runners (similar to these) are one of the few pairs I've found that fit without cutting my heel/ankle area. I really need to replace mine, but I don't want to have to go track down some to try on in case they've changed the measurements on the backs of their shoes.

Edited by Stacia

I have foot troubles if I wear the wrong shoes, so I have to be careful.

In summer I mostly wear Birkenstocks - I haven't found any pretty sandals that work yet.

The rest of the time - Bluntstones (brown), or a pair of black german lace up shoes.  If I want boots or to dress up I have a pair of black knee high Doc Martens.

Winter boots are some Canadian brand, tan, with fur inside - I am not sure if these will work for my feet yet as they are brand new. Fingers crossed.

Fall/winter I most often wear black combat boots or tan fur-lined NF boots. I have a couple other boots, though, for dressier or different looks. Inside the house I just about always wear my LLBean shearling mocassins; I am cold otherwise. 

Summer I most often wear vans or eccos. Flip flops if I will be in the sun, but I don’t love them usually. I wear tennis shoes in the house. 

Fall through spring Lands' End suede all-weather mocs. (I have light brown, dark brown, and black and generally order children's since they are the same shoe but cost less!) I have orthotic insoles that fit perfectly, and—with or without special insoles—these shoes are so comfy!)

Crocs for indoors.

Chacos or Lands' End water shoes in summer.

I need uber arch support any time I am on my feet.  I can't go without it ever, due to my knee and ankle problems.  The pain is real, folks.  

Inside the house:  Vionics slippers.  They aren't pretty, but they make being vertical bearable.  I should have gone with the leopard print.  At least they'd be bold.

Outside:  mostly my Brooks Adrenalines with custom orthotics or my adidas waterproof trail runners (when it is wet or snowy) with custom orthotics.  (All of which need replacing.)  I'd love to find a pair of casual shoes that I can wear with jeans or nice pants that have great arch support and are cute, but my search has not come up with anything as supportive as what I am wearing.  I do have some vionics in my shopping cart, but the reviews aren't promising.  If I have to look nice, but don't need to be walking much, I have a pair of dansko loafers.  They are ok for just standing around, but terrible for walking any distance... they don't have good mechanics.