Menu

Which is your FAVORITE fast-food venue? Why?

Ginevra

Favorite fast-food venue  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the MOST LIKELY choice you will make if available.

• McDonalds
    • Burger King
    • Panera
    • Chipotle
    • Sonic
    • Wendy's
    • Starbucks
    • Taco bell
    • A different choice
    • I never eat franchised food
    • Chik-fil-a

wow - I guess I don't eat franchised food. 

I like Panera - but find them ridiculously expensive for what you get. (and can't remember the last time I ate there.  more than a year, at least.)

I usually find a teriyaki place (and they are not franchised.).  even uber picky eater dudeling will eat teriyaki.  and I've recently discovered indian lunch buffets . . . . I can try things, and not commit to a particular item.

eta: we dont' have a chik-fil-a here, and I've never even tried one. (I think the nearest is 700 miles away.)  1ds's girlfriend is from another part of the country and she loves them.  so I do have them down to try sometime.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Chick-fil-a.  We don't have any in our area and so I don't get to eat there often, but I really liked their food.  It was great to be able to get a fruit cup and grilled chicken nuggets for myself and the kids while on vacation and not some greasy, processed gut bomb.  The quality and taste is so much better than other fast food I've eaten, the stores amazingly clean and the workers very friendly.  

If we're traveling and staying in a hotel without a kitchenette, we'll usually eat at Panera, Noodle Company, Sweet Tomatoes, or Subway; the sausage-&-egg sandwiches from Starbucks are cheap and filling if we need to grab breakfast in an airport. Chipotle is the only fast food place on the list that we'll occasionally eat at if we're not away from home.

For me and ds our favorite is Lion's Choice (roast beef), but they're regional and not around here. 

Second choice for both of us would be Raisin' Canes (chicken), but they're also not around here. 

So, what we can get, Arby's. I prefer roast beef over everything and love the curly fries. Now, I'm hungry...

I voted Panera though we probably go to Chick-fil-A more--it's what the dc like. It was hard to choose. As others have said--about CFA--the stores are clean, the workers are pleasant and helpful, and the food tastes good. But I have been a bit put off lately because of the msg in the food--I always feel groggy after eating there. I chose Panera because it's the place dh and I go to for fast-food dates. I like the coffee, though if we're just going for coffee we choose our local non-chain coffee shop. I also like the food. But I think it's the "date" aspect that gives it the edge for me. The atmosphere is less "fast-food-ish" than the other places mentioned. And when I meet a friend for lunch we'll probably go to Panera rather than one of the other places.

Ok, this is not fair. You are obligated to share your recipe for mock cherry limeade.

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and we've been making it for special occasions for two years.  I've found that it's best to chill the Sprite and cherry juice before making, to help keep the limeade from completely melting.  We skip the optional limes.

I'd never had the original Sonic Cherry Limeade until last week.  It tasted to me like fake sweetener, with that icky aftertaste. Maybe they made it that way accidentally, or maybe that's the way it usually tastes.  That's why I like my recipe better!

Just one choice. Out of curiosity, for a marketing class I am taking.

Chick-fil-A.  If it's relevant to your marketing class, here's my story:

Once uppon a time, we never ate at CFA.  Partly because we'd be at the mall on SUnday when they were closed, and partly because they seemed expensive- no $1 menu!

Then a friend from church who OWNED the mall store gave every family at church a CFA calendar with the monthly free stuff coupons.  We went.  We ate.  WE FELL IN LOVE!  :001_tt1:  Diamond, age 4 at the time, told him she liked his chicken better because she thinks the other place makes their nuggets out of feathers and beaks. :ack2:

We are now frequent (1-3 times/month average for each of us, rarely all 5 together) customers, but almost always when we have coupons for free stuff. We each have a calendar card, and they are generous with free coupons/specials. It is extremely rare that we eat there as an entire family AND pay full-price for meals.

ALso, our dance school does CFA fundraisers at recitals/rehearsals: the #1 sandwish is sold for $5 (school cost is $3) and each sandwich comes with a coupon for a FREE sandwich at the local restaurant! Yeah- I had to stop myself from going through the trash to collect wrappers that people threw away with coupons attached! :svengo:

Bonus: so many of our friends work there- from Managers down to cashiers. It's like a party every time we go- we always know people, and everyone knows our name.  Kinda like Cheers, without the booze. Cow Appreciation Day is like a national holiday here- we all have cow-print t-shirts we keep and wear every year to get our free stuff- that day is total party day at CFA- almost like a homeschooler's reunion!

I voted chipotle since I had to pick only one. Our biggest draw to this place is that it is cheap, there are veg options, and it is peanut/treenut free.

The three places we eat at on that list: Chipotle, Sonic, and Panera. We eat at Chipotle and Sonic more often then panera due to location and cost, but all three are our favorites.

I do not really care for Sonic, but it is the closest thing we have that we can eat at and the kids love it. So it would be their favorite, not mine.

I'm another person who does Chipotle and Chic fil a because my family needs the gluten free options.

Additionally, I like the eco friendly sourcing of the food at Chipotle.

I saw another person mentioned Elevation Burger. Love that place. Grass fed beef. They wrap the burgers in lettuce for gluten free. They are the only burger place I've been to that actually does a good job with lettuce wraps.

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and we've been making it for special occasions for two years.  I've found that it's best to chill the Sprite and cherry juice before making, to help keep the limeade from completely melting.  We skip the optional limes.

I'd never had the original Sonic Cherry Limeade until last week.  It tasted to me like fake sweetener, with that icky aftertaste. Maybe they made it that way accidentally, or maybe that's the way it usually tastes.  That's why I like my recipe better!

Thanks for the recipe link. Looks suuuuuuuper easy. Actually I may have tried a recipe like it sometime in the long ago past. I'm wondering about the cherry juice--wonder if I could just sub grenadine? Because all those cherries would just go to waste around here. Hmm, might have to try it out. I mean, it's the stuff they use to make Shirley Temples and a cherry limeade would just be a Shirley Temple with limeade in it, right?

When we go to Sonic (about once a year) I usually just get a lime slush, though. And now that we have a Nutribullet--which makes great slushes--I really should try making those as well. :D

I voted Panera as my first choice, but only if I'm planning to actually go in and sit down.  Love, love, love their bread, broccoli cheddar soup, strawberry smoothies.  Just Yum.

Wendy's is my first choice if I'm in a real hurry and plan to just hit the drive-through (and possibly eat in the car).  I feel like they have more options for semi-healthy choices - chicken, chili, baked potatoes.

Wendy's. Hamburgers made by hand fresh every day. Yum.

Sonic would be my second choice.

BK and Micky D's are never my choice. I must be starving and a hundred miles from anywhere before I will eat at either of those.

Does Panera have a drive-through? Or Chipotle? I like them, but "fast food" to me means "I can get food without getting out of my car." :-)

The Panera in our area recently opened a drive-thru. But I agree, never really thought of Panera as fast food . . .

Chipotle, we eat there a lot. The food is better quality, you get a lot (important for my DH) and I don't feel like I ate fast food. I rarely eat at Chick Fil A since we don't have them around as much. We do Subway fairly often too, as well as Panda Express

I voted other choice.

We like Moe's.

I like it because I can easily avoid my egg allergy there.

I puffy-heart-love Moe's! I don't think they have many franchises, but are on the rise. There is one near our beach house, but that is all I know of.

I like Chick-fil-A's food best, and the service is consistently good. Chipotle food doesn't agree with me (and neither does their manipulative marketing).

Clearly, I have to ask what you mean by this. I have not eaten at chipotle's yet, though I expect I would like it. What is the manipulative marketing of which you speak?

I don't prefer the food at Chik-fil-a, but I do love the fact that it's such an easy place to take my kids. Vacation = a milkshake and their indoor playground on a quiet day. Cheaper than therapy!

I like Chipotle, but don't love it. My kids will eat their weight in beans and rice there, though, so I'm glad to have it as an option when we're on the road. 

Panera used to have a sandwich I loved (beef and Gorgonzola cheese, I think?), but I don't really go there for food any longer. We realized a few years ago that we could go to a "real" restaurant for the same price (not including tip, though). I avoid Panera now because every time we stop in someone (ahem...me) wants a cookie as big as her head.

McD's cause it is cheap and kiddos really like it.

Sonic is my 2nd choice.  

Last 2 times I went to Wendy's I ordered one of their "special" burgers that look great on tv.  What I got was a nasty looking and tasting burger.  I went the 2nd time hoping the 1st was just a bad night or something.  

Due to gluten issues, I don't eat out much. But, I'm not so sensitive that I can't have something cooked in the same kitchen with wheat. So, when I need to eat out, I go to Wendy's and have a baked potato. Usually a side salad with a vinegerette dressing is okay as well.

I don't usually think of Panera as a fast food venue, but we eat there most often of the options you have listed. 

Between the soups and the bagels (and my son loves their cilantro hummus), it's our best bet for the vegetarian/vegan family to eat something like real food while out in the world. I also appreciate the comfy seating, free wi-fi and classical music.

I don't consider Panera fast food either............ but I do love Panera!

I don't consider Panera fast food either............ but I do love Panera!

Panera is meant as "casual dining," and is meant to bridge the gap between fast food like McDs and, Chez Roberto's, say restaurant with a server. It's still fast food for the questions I am asking.