Menu

What did YOU eat for breakfast?

1GirlTwinBoys

I had my current favorite, broccoli (frozen, but thawed) and sliced mushrooms, both sautéed in butter, sprinkled with salt and pepper, then mixed into three scrambled eggs and a handful of shredded cheddar cheese. More of a scramble than an omelet. It was delicious! Especially with my cup of hazelnut coffee with stevia and cream.

1 shredded wheat biscuit, 1/2 cup of raisin bran,  and 1/2 cup blueberries, with milk.

Sometimes I have plain yogurt, with or without fruit.

Other days, poached egg on toast or scrambled eggs.

Anne

Slept in today and skipped breakfast. My husband was the one awake and leaving the house at 545 am for 3 hours of swim training practice in another city 30 miles away- something I usually have to do!  So I enjoyed the quiet just laying in bed by myself... well with the dog next to me :hurray:

A hash-brown patty from the local convenience store.  Then some spinach/feta frittata and coffeecake at a morning bridal shower.   Lots and lots of coffee.

No, not normal.

I'm not a big breakfast eater anymore but if there is bacon, I will always eat it, hungry or no.   

Oatmeal cooked with chia seeds, cherry craisins, a cut up apple, nutmeg, and cinnamon. I sprinkled the top with walnuts. Lots of taste and texture and no dairy or wheat. I also had a glass of water, a banana, and various vitamins and supplements.

ds usually eats a little breakfast (fruit, dinner leftovers, microwaved potato, oatmeal, homemade bread with homemade jam that isn't anywhere near as lame or neglectful/abusive as it sounds) while I drink coffee and read to him and then we have brunch before lessons.

If I had a functional car and a bigger farmer's market budget, I'd be eating a big enough plate of greens with garlic scapes and fresh local mushrooms this time of year that I wouldn't need grains for "filler" and then I'd follow it up with beet hash browns and a fresh heirloom tomato or a pint of strawberries or some fresh sweet corn.

Life being what it is, I'm not about to complain about being lucky enough to have porridge and a sprinkle of sugar to make it nice when others have to make do with a great big bowl of "Sucks to be you! STFU and BGUTI!"