Menu

What did you have for breakfast this morning?

shukriyya

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprisingly caffeination of some kind seems to be the recurring theme here. Question :: Are you hungry when you wake up or soon thereafter? I'm quite impressed with some of y'all's (grammar police avert your eyes) prodigious appetites so early in the day.

If I don't eat something a little before working out, I feel like I am going to pass out after about 45 minutes. So I eat breakfast. Also, if I don't eat breakfast or if I eat a simple sugar/carby breakfast I will overeat before lunch and be much more likely to eat something crappy. Breakfast is really important for me.

I tend to graze in the morning because I'm not really hungry but if I don't eat something with protein I get really shaky.  However if I eat something heavy first I feel sick to my stomach.  So I start with a cup of chocolate chai tea in almond milk but about 15 minutes later I need to get protein in to conteract the sugar so I had 2 pieces of leftover homemade pizza.  Later I was wanting something sweet so I had a small piece of coffee cake but then I had to follow it up with more protein and so had some leftover turkey.  I usually have a really small lunch because of my all morning long grazing.

I can't eat as soon as I wake up so at 10 am I had pumpkin soup. I don't drink coffee and I can't stand normal breakfast foods. Things like oatmeal,cereal, yogurt, pancakes etc make me feel sick all day long. I usually eat leftovers from dinner or a cheese sandwhich as my first meal.

Today was a rarity for me. I had a slice of lower carb bread with some low sugar jam on it then and hour later my coffee and handful of almonds that I normally consider breakfast. I have found my tae kwon do instructor is not amused when I show up at 11 with only almonds and coffee in my system.

Not surprisingly caffeination of some kind seems to be the recurring theme here. Question :: Are you hungry when you wake up or soon thereafter? I'm quite impressed with some of y'all's (grammar police avert your eyes) prodigious appetites so early in the day.

I eat breakfast but get up at 5:00 so first is 2-3 cups coffee, a run, a shower, dealing with the kids, start laundry,then eat. That makes it after 8:00. First thing I'm not hungry, after all that I'm ready for some oatmeal or toast or eggs. Breakfast just cycles through those three things. And more coffee.

Toast with strawberry jelly, scrambled egg, the last two slices of maple-glazed ham, and a glass of almond milk. Usually I would have a cup of tea instead of milk, but my TARDIS mug is dirty and I don't feel like washing it.

There is nothing worse than when all the coffee cups are dirty in the morning.  I'm not coordinated enough to wash a cup for coffee before actually having coffee.

I had coffee, and am about to have strawberries and whole-wheat toast with nutella.

The breakfast I have most days:  one large cup of coffee with one tablespoon of heavy cream in it.  One of the best parts of my day, as I wake up an hour earlier than everyone else and enjoy this cup on the couch with a good book or the computer.  :-)

I eat a big lunch.

I'm following a nutrition plan (read diet) which comes with menus and recipes. Breakfast is one slice of French Toast with berries, banana, cinnamon and a tablespoon if maple syrup. My kind of diet!

this was me today, too.  one banana, one cup of coffee, followed by one slice of french toast with 1 tbsp maple syrup. 

i'll save the other fruit for snack.

hth,

ann

The breakfast I have most days:  one large cup of coffee with one tablespoon of heavy cream in it.  One of the best parts of my day, as I wake up an hour earlier than everyone else and enjoy this cup on the couch with a good book or the computer.  :-)

I eat a big lunch.

Coffee with heavy cream and an hour of silence = bliss :D

I've had the same thing every day for a month. 2 cups chickpeas, sprinkle of Daiya cheese, salsa and frontier taco seasoning, cooked and mixed with a Costco avocado. I've lost 5 lbs...so yeah, I'm not stopping anytime soon!

Oddly, we've had breakfast for dinner twice in a row...

This morning...

*A slice of homemade sour dough bread toasted

*Breakfast salad (scrambled eggs with parmesan cheese and extra vegetables on a bed of spinach with some feta crumbled on top)

*A glass of tomato vegetable medley (our own raw juice blend)

Then I went off to work a really long shift in the Emergency Department. It's been a day. 

Smoothie:

1 cup blueberry juice

3 frozen strawberries

1/3 cup frozen blueberries

1/3 cup frozen blackberries

2-3 chunks frozen pineapple

1/2 banana

a carrot

a  handful of spinach

I try to have one of these about five days a week.  I took a week off because I couldn't stand the idea of having something cold for breakfast.  But these smoothies really make a difference in the amount of pain I'm in.