Menu

I said goodbye to my dad tonight.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry.:grouphug:

It sounds like you have been blessed with a wonderful father.

I will be praying for the Lord to give you His peace as you progress through the next few weeks.

Remember that He is always with you & knows your needs!

Edited by cshell

:grouphug:

I'm so sorry for you. When a friend passed away a few years ago, some of us girls started reminding each other, "it only sucks for us." Your dad is in eternity now and he is whole. It doesn't make it easier, but I always find it to be a great comfort. Maybe you will too. Praying for your heart.

I got to hold his hand as he slipped from this world. We signed the DNR and told him we'd be okay. He didn't have to fight anymore. Within 3 hours, he was gone.

My dad was the first man I ever loved. He taught me to be a good person, how to ride a bike and tie my shoes. He always smelled like celery from his job at the grocery store. He worked 2 jobs to support us and decided late in life that his true calling was the ministry. He was fiercely loyal and kind.

He had polio at 3 and was told he wouldn't make it past 20. He was told he couldn't have children. I also have a brother. He loved my boys and was there at their births. Once he was homebound, he continued his ministry on facebook. He always sent cards to all his "old ladies" in his old congration. He loved to argue politics and was a fierce Cardinals fan. He raised 4 younger brothers all by himself.

I'd like to think that he is with his mom tonight. She died when he was 9 and I have her name. He is no longer gasping for breath. He is breathing easy and at peace.

I just can't believe he's gone. Your prayers and good thoughts are coveted. I'm just going to miss him so much. And the next week and month are going to be hard. September 26 would have been my parents' 42nd wedding anniversary.

Aww. I'm so very sorry. My parents are gone too and I like to think of them together.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Wow...my heart breaks for you. I lost my father 21 years ago this past February 14. To this day, I cannot talk about him without crying. Our daddies are very special. I'm so glad that you were there with him when he passed on. I was in college so didn't find out until late that evening.

My prayers are with you for comfort and peace during this very difficult time. I'm not going to lie, although it does get better, the pain never really goes away. :grouphug: