Menu

Interesting and celebratory changes. DH and oldest DS...........

DH: Has done fantastically well at the nursing home. So well that we discharged him and brought him home. :) He's intentionally lost weight, has gotten on track with his meds, researched his disease. ALL of his symptoms of depression have gone. His ammonia level remains chronically elevated, but he's not where he was cognitively and functionally. There was not a need to keep him there.

Remember when my oldest moved in with his Dad a year ago? He is thinking of waiting until he is 18 (April), and coming here for his senior year. Let's just say that he's discovered the grass is not always greener. Even if he never moves back "home", just knowing that he's processed the move and his fantasy life vs. reality is "enough" for me.

DH: Has done fantastically well at the nursing home. So well that we discharged him and brought him home. :) He's intentionally lost weight, has gotten on track with his meds, researched his disease. ALL of his symptoms of depression have gone. His ammonia level remains chronically elevated, but he's not where he was cognitively and functionally. There was not a need to keep him there.

Remember when my oldest moved in with his Dad a year ago? He is thinking of waiting until he is 18 (April), and coming here for his senior year. Let's just say that he's discovered the grass is not always greener. Even if he never moves back "home", just knowing that he's processed the move and his fantasy life vs. reality is "enough" for me.

:party::party::party:

Oh Joanne! I am so VERY happy for you. God has not forgotten you and your family and wants you all to enjoy this blessing. (I specifically asked the Lord to show Himself to you in this hard and difficult situation.) I thank Him for helping your dh to improve...even enough to come home. How great is that? :) I admire your dh for his perseverence and strength to improve...I'm sure it's not easy. With God's help nothing is impossible. Looking forward to great things !!