Menu

How many days do you have left for school?

Swimtaxi234

While we go year around, we have 30 days of reporting days left to go before we meet the 180. I'm already getting excited about "next year." Although, I am planning on taking off about 3-4 weeks pretty soon to enjoy my babymoon (due in 2 1/2 weeks). The kids are excited about getting time off, too.

Uggh. This is a bad subject for me. We have 70 days left.

Things were going great, we took our scheduled week off in March. First day back my son is sick. Second and third day back is sick. Fourth and fifth day back I am deathly ill (he did 1/2 days without me).

Then our house goes on the market and looks like it will be selling in record time :hurray: So we are taking another week off to go look at houses (5 hours by plane away) More :hurray: :hurray:

We are planning on Saturday school and it looks as though we may have to school through June and even July to finish up. :confused1:

We have been homeschooling for 6 years and this is the first time we have veered off course. I'm learning to :chillpill: and keep telling myself it will all get done.

6 weeks....30 days. We are on track to finish most things by then. We might carry history over, DD's reading lessons won't stop and DS wants to do math all summer, we will see how that goes. It is not quite 180 days, but it is 180 days worth of curriculum and we have field trip and extra curriculars that become full days - music, theatre and dance. Plus some summer camps that counters days, but we don't live in a reporting state.

We school year round. We just took off 2 weeks. We may take some time off when my dad visits next week.

Plus we only school 4 days a week.

Sounds like my plan! We are switching from private school to homeschooling at the end of this school year. I discussed the yearly plan with my DDs, and they like the sound of schooling year-round for 4 days per week with one day given over to special purposes (one day a month for field trips, one for "home blessing" (catching up on longer-term housework), one day for shopping/special errands, one day for school catch-up or extra project time, and if we have a 5th "extra" day in a month it's a bonus day and we choose together what to do with it). There's no set requirement in my state for number of days of instruction (just certain subjects to cover), so I'm planning on 180 days of instruction per year, leaving us 7 weeks to scatter throughout the year for breaks and vacation. Since we will be new to homeschooling we will use this first summer for homeschool lite, to ease into it, and will start each official school year with the traditional start of the public and private schools' years.

Field trips ... thanks for that idea!

Both of my children will be finishing a few subjects early so I was wondering how to keep things interesting toward the end. If they double up on subjects 2-3 times, we can take the last week off and go on those field trips I have wanted to take all year long.

Hmmm... I don't really count days too much. We began August 6th and our year will end June 28th with relatively little time off though we had a college visit trip in October - four day excursion that took up two school days - three days at Thanksgiving, a week a Christmas, and gack...the week we ALL had the stomach flu with mom the last one left standing so the last to come down with it and the one that took the longest to recover.

We'll have Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and April 22-24 off (I'm supposed to work a quilt retreat IF dad is stable enough that mom can handle having me gone for three days), TARC Finals May 9-13th, and then DD's wedding so May 30th and 31st, plus possibly Monday, June 3rd if I'm completely, and utterly done in at that point.

We've got a ways to go. Sigh.....

Faith

My son keeps going until he's done with the material for the year. This year, because we dropped everything and started over in November, he'll be schooling well into what would normally be summer vacation. He should be able to finish one course this week, but there is another one for which he hasn't even started the second semester. So, that means he has a minimum of about 70 days left.

He's planning to audition for a summer dance program that is four weeks of full days and that would begin before he's finished all of his regular schoolwork. If he gets that, it will slow him down even more.

I'm still hoping he can finish everything by the end of July so he gets a little break before the beginning of the next academic year, but we'll see how it goes.

We don't have to keep track of days here but I aim for 180. We did 165 and had all major subjects done so I declared the school year over (my dd likes to work ahead in her books a lot). We start our new year April 8th ( is it pathetic that I really can't wait for the start of our new year?).

We are currently on break and will start school back up in May with just some english and math and will start full up again after Labor Day. We follow my husband's deployment/leave schedules. We stopped halfway thru our curriculum, we got to about week 16 for my younger ones and 20 for my oldest.

We don't have to count days but we are to count hrs. I think we have about 40 days left to get in our hrs and finish our curriculum. Well, the only thing to officially finish is WWE2. Since we did this and that on our Math and just started KISS we won't be finishing either of those. I plan to keep a lite schedule for the summer though.