Menu

We finally got all of the wedding pics

popmom

Can I spam y’all with a few? Or a lot?? 😂

I love how they turned out. 

Also… I haven’t shared this with anyone outside of immediate family irl but y’all have been with me since the beginning of me getting out of my my relationship with my narcissistic mother. Last year, when the engagement was about to happen, my mother and sister tried to talk dd into letting them plan her wedding. My mother’s exact words to my dd were, “You know your mom isn’t capable of planning a wedding.”

I didn’t intentionally take that as a personal challenge; but as it turns out, I not only planned the whole thing—I diy’ed it all. I found the house, I baked the cakes, arranged all the centerpieces, the bouquet, the arbor, ordered and rented ALL of the things lol

I not only did it—I ENJOYED it. Dd was going through a very difficult time, and I knew what her vision was. I just wanted her wedding to be what she wanted it to be. I was able to really add personal touches because it was a micro wedding. my wedding china, my mother in law’s silver… That was really special. 

She and SIL loved every moment of it. My heart is full. That’s all that mattered. 

eta: 

The best feeling was...

after dinner and when all the "old folks" were done celebrating, the "kids" all went and hung out on the dock and the boat and drank and smoked cigars. Dh and I stayed out on that gorgeous porch and listened to them talking and laughing and making memories. Just taking it all in. I will never, ever forget that. Priceless.

I will probably delete a lot of these later for privacy, but someone had asked…and I’m just blown away by how beautifully they came out.

ETA: you all played a role in getting me to this point--that I was able to do this. I am beyond grateful to y'all.

Wadmalaw Island, SC

IMG_1643.jpeg

IMG_1645.jpeg

Edited by popmom
  • Like 43

24 minutes ago, popmom said:

IMG_1662.jpeg

Every time I see these shots, I think of the conversation my brother in law and I had on that back porch days before the wedding. (He officiated). He told me, “God is here. He’s in this place.” 

Those trees were our cathedral. 

“He is the God who made the whole world and everything in it. He is the Lord of the land and the sky. He does not live in temples built by human hands.” Acts 7:48

Edited by popmom
  • Like 26

5 minutes ago, popmom said:

Every time I see these shots, I think of the conversation my brother in law and I had on that back porch days before the wedding. (He officiated). He told me, “God is here. He’s in this place.” 

Those trees were our cathedral. 

“He is the God who made the whole world and everything in it. He is the Lord of the land and the sky. He does not live in temples built by human hands.” 

That photo is stunning.  I hope the couple blow up this picture and put it in their home.  I love the quote.  That is how I feel out in nature.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

I’m feeling such a huge dose of second-hand “I’ll show you who can’t plan a wedding!” on your behalf!

Everything was beautiful. I know you are proud! Your daughter and SIL look so happy. And fabulous. 

And the dogs….❤️

God bless you. lol

eta and seriously credit to all of y'all on the board for giving me courage when I needed it! Y'all get to take some credit for this!

Edited by popmom
  • Like 8

33 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Wow!!!!!!  Amazing.  Looks like it came from Martha Stewart Magazine!!!

I agree!

@popmom your post got me all teary.  Everything is absolutely perfect.  You did an amazing job (seriously, maybe think about a career in wedding planning!), and the photos are amazing.  So happy for you and your family that everything worked out so well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kassia said:

I agree!

@popmom your post got me all teary.  Everything is absolutely perfect.  You did an amazing job (seriously, maybe think about a career in wedding planning!), and the photos are amazing.  So happy for you and your family that everything worked out so well.

now I'm gonna cry!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, popmom said:

Can I spam y’all with a few? Or a lot?? 😂

I love how they turned out. 

Also… I haven’t shared this with anyone outside of immediate family irl but y’all have been with me since the beginning of me getting out of my my relationship with my narcissistic mother. Last year, when the engagement was about to happen, my mother and sister tried to talk dd into letting them plan her wedding. My mother’s exact words to my dd were, “You know your mom isn’t capable of planning a wedding.”

I didn’t intentionally take that as a personal challenge; but as it turns out, I not only planned the whole thing—I diy’ed it all. I found the house, I baked the cakes, arranged all the centerpieces, the bouquet, the arbor, ordered and rented ALL of the things lol

I not only did it—I ENJOYED it. Dd was going through a very difficult time, and I knew what her vision was. I just wanted her wedding to be what she wanted it to be. I was able to really add personal touches because it was a micro wedding. my wedding china, my mother in law’s silver… That was really special. 

She and SIL loved every moment of it. My heart is full. That’s all that mattered. 

I will probably delete a lot of these later for privacy, but someone had asked…and I’m just blown away by how beautifully they came out.

ETA: you all played a role in getting me to this point--that I was able to do this. I am beyond grateful to y'all.

Wadmalaw Island, SC

IMG_1642.jpeg

IMG_1643.jpeg

IMG_1644.jpeg

IMG_1645.jpeg

IMG_1646.jpeg

IMG_1646.jpeg

IMG_1648.jpeg

IMG_1649.jpeg

Stunning!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Halftime Hope said:

Oh so beautiful! Naysayers aside, the best part, the forever part, is that you were there for your daughter in a way that could not be more meaningful to her.

Thank you. This is true. The wedding was really healing for both of us. This is the dd that... our relationship has been strained at times. My mother is so manipulative--she has done her best to turn her against me. And I ((have)) hurt this dd. Never intentionally, but my mother took full advantage of the strain. I had to take responsibility for the hurt that I caused. Once you have hurt your child--whether it was intentional or not--it is hard for them to believe your heart toward them is good--that you are FOR them. Even though that internship was horrible, it did give dh and I a chance to demonstrate our love for her. That and the wedding. I didn't do it to win her over--I didn't expect a change--didn't think a change was needed! But she sees clearly/differently now that her dad and I are FOR her. It really took up until the wedding for us to figure out how much my mother was putting a wedge between us. dd never let on while it was happening because she wasn't sure she could trust me. 

Just as God loves to give His children good gifts, her dad and I wanted to bless her with this wedding. It brought us joy to do this for her. So yeah--it was very much a healing experience for all of us. 

It always amazes me how God answers prayers I never even think to pray. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 18

The best feeling was...

after dinner and when all the "old folks" were done celebrating, the "kids" all went and hung out on the dock and the boat and drank and smoked cigars. Dh and I stayed out on that gorgeous porch and listened to them talking and laughing and making memories. Just taking it all in. I will never, ever forget that. Priceless.

• Like 12

@popmom I don't know you, but those pictures and your posts sure made me tear up. What an absolutely, jaw-droppingly gorgeous wedding. Your BIL is correct - God was there in that stunning outdoor venue. What a striking portrait of the ceremony!! ♥

And, that table setting!! How I would *love* to use my grandmother's china and silver at one of my kids' weddings!!! So very special.

Were there really ten people in attendance, or was that the bridal party & parents' seating? I am beyond impressed if she was able to pull that off!! That would have been *my* ideal wedding size, but my husband insisted we invite all the usual suspects and we had a giant fuss-and-bother ceremony that I still feel zero attachment to. Sure wish I'd stuck to my guns back then!

You deserve to feel proud! You coordinated a beautiful ceremony while taking your daughter's preferences into account. Beautifully accomplished!

And, the dogs running around and sitting calmly with the bride. How precious! ♥

Edited by easypeasy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, popmom said:

That and the wedding. I didn't do it to win her over--I didn't expect a change--didn't think a change was needed! But she sees clearly/differently now that her dad and I are FOR her. It really took up until the wedding for us to figure out how much my mother was putting a wedge between us. dd never let on while it was happening because she wasn't sure she could trust me. 

Just as God loves to give His children good gifts, her dad and I wanted to bless her with this wedding. It brought us joy to do this for her. So yeah--it was very much a healing experience for all of us. 

This makes it even more special.  I'm so happy for all of you.

• Thanks 1