Menu

We finally got all of the wedding pics

popmom

I never in a million years would have suspected that you DIYed that wedding -- it's like something out of a magazine and everything was so perfect and so beautifully coordinated! 

Your dd and new SIL make a gorgeous couple -- and you're looking pretty beautiful yourself, mama!

I love it that the dogs are in the photos, too. Gotta get the whole family in there!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, easypeasy said:

@popmom I don't know you, but those pictures and your posts sure made me tear up. What an absolutely, jaw-droppingly gorgeous wedding. Your BIL is correct - God was there in that stunning outdoor venue. What a striking portrait of the ceremony!! ♥

And, that table setting!! How I would *love* to use my grandmother's china and silver at one of my kids' weddings!!! So very special.

Were there really ten people in attendance, or was that the bridal party & parents' seating? I am beyond impressed if she was able to pull that off!! That would have been *my* ideal wedding size, but my husband insisted we invite all the usual suspects and we had a giant fuss-and-bother ceremony that I still feel zero attachment to. Sure wish I'd stuck to my guns back then!

You deserve to feel proud! You coordinated a beautiful ceremony while taking your daughter's preferences into account. Beautifully accomplished!

And, the dogs running around and sitting calmly with the bride. How precious! ♥

Thank you so much!

Yes, it was truly a "micro" wedding. Dd did not like the idea of taking her vows in front of a crowd. She said she would have felt like she was performing instead of taking vows. The issues with my family of origin were also a factor. Neither of us wanted drama.

So there were 13 of us altogether. It was the parents, the siblings, one of the groom's sister's SO, and my brother in law. 🙂 I wouldn't change a thing. The photographer ate dinner with us, too. 🙂

Edited by popmom
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, MercyA said:

GORGEOUS!!! And the dogs... 🥰

2 hours ago, Catwoman said:

I love it that the dogs are in the photos, too. Gotta get the whole family in there!

There were actually 7 dogs in attendance. lol Dh and I have 2. The rest are grandfurbabies. The photographer managed to get pics of all of them except one of my dd's chi mix who was hiding most of the day. It was a little bit of chaos at times, but we all have a very high tolerance for chaos--clearly. 😉

Edited by popmom
  • Like 5

@Catwoman I appreciate the compliment! Means a lot to me. I had never done a flower arrangement in my life! 

Chicken wire!! Lots of chicken wire! 

I found YouTube tutorials, books, blogs, Pinterest… I tested several cake recipes because I rarely ever bake cake because I’m not a fan of it. 

I channeled my adhd ability to hyper focus for that 3 months. Nothing but wedding prep!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, popmom said:

Thank you so much!

Yes, it was truly a "micro" wedding. Dd did not like the idea of taking her vows in front of a crowd. She said she would have felt like she was performing instead of taking vows. The issues with my family of origin were also a factor. Neither of us wanted drama.

So there were 13 of us altogether. It was the parents, the siblings, one of the groom's sister's SO, and my brother in law. 🙂 I wouldn't change a thing. The photographer ate dinner with us, too. 🙂

sounds dreeeeeeeeamy. I hope my own children have the same preferences when it comes to their weddings.

• Like 1