Menu

3/5 are dead - venting.

Murphy101

Update 2 - nephew is on road to recovery!

update.

Last Monday I knew 5 people admitted to the hospital for covid. (Not all that day, just at that point it was up to 5.)

2 have died. - (edit  3 have died)  

1 is very likely dying.  I think it is extremely slim he will survive. (He didn’t make it.)

All of them anti mask/vax trumpers.

All of their surviving next of kin still that way only now they are also angry that the medical staff shoulda oughta done whatever list of completely not medically rational things they think might have benefited their loved one.

I’m not commenting to them about any of this other than praying for them.

But Jesus. The ignorance and the pride is literally killing people I know and love.

And it’s a tremendous frustration and sadness to watch it happen.

I just needed to vent.

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 1
  • Sad 84

Vent away! I hear ya. I’m terrified. My dh is anti mask, anti vaccine, overweight, out of shape, smoker. I feel livid he doesn’t care enough to take care of himself and think of his family. My bil was hospitalized for a while with the delta variant. He is home now and ok. My sister got the vaccine and the virus. A local man was just on the local news showing Facebook videos he is putting out. He didn’t get the vaccine and he is begging people to get vaccinated. It’s getting very scary again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 22

I’m so sorry. The losses are so tragic and made all the more so by the senselessness of most of them at this point. The political antivax contingent really does seem like a death cult at this point. Willing to give their lives in devotion to “leaders” that have never had anyone else’s best interest in mind 😢

I hope your other friends will pull through this okay. 

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

I get it.    There are some people I just really want to slap right now.   It's just infuriating.  

Oh, girl. Yes. Especially when it's a child who is suffering whose parent knew better but chose not to use their critical thinking skills. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

26 minutes ago, Shelydon said:

Yes.  I have 2 in the last 6 weeks.  It is so frustrating.  I have some people I really care about that will not vax.  Ivermectin will save them they think, despite the fact that loved ones that received Ivermectin have died already. 

And this is the thing with ivermectin that I think people who aren’t fanatical about it might not realize is happening. It’s one thing for people to think it might help them if they get sick, but it seems most of the time, they think ivermectin is a miracle drug that will keep them healthy if they get Covid, and the vaccine is poison.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KSera said:

And this is the thing with ivermectin that I think people who aren’t fanatical about it might not realize is happening. It’s one thing for people to think it might help them if they get sick, but it seems most of the time, they think ivermectin is a miracle drug that will keep them healthy if they get Covid, and the vaccine is poison.

This. So. Much. This. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

And I just got a text from my brother that his 5 month old grandson is in icu.  RSV, rhinovirus and covid. 

Oh dear. Difficult to read and orders of magnitude harder to live with I'm sure.

However painful, it is important that people grasp what we are facing here. Thank you for putting yourself out and sharing very hard news. 

Bill