Menu

Hello- does anyone remember me?

Parrothead

I received the update email and thought I’d pop in to say hello.  We graduated our homeschooler in May 2017.she in in college now studying English. She is doing this at home on line so she can continue to teach dance. Her ultimate goal is to still own her own dance studio. 

Four weeks after her graduation, I underwent surgery to have an ovarian cyst removed. Turns out it was stage 4 ovarian cancer. This after being to several doctors over about a two year time span.  So surgery was followed up with 18 weekly chemo treatments. I’m in remission now, just waiting for the reoccurrence I’ve been told will probably eventually happen. 

We are still in the tiny house, hoping to build in 2019.  Dh was sick for about a year after we first moved in. That took a long time to reconcile. Turns out it is an auto immune disorder. He is well now, except for tearing an ACL at work.  As you can imagine we’ve not saved much to build due to all the medical expenses and his injury that incapacitated him for a number of months.  Hopefully that changes this year. 

Thats my big update. I hope all of you are well. It’s nice to see old friends. 

• Like 25

Hi!!!

It is nice to "hear" from you!!!

I'm so sorry about your cancer diagnosis but I'm glad you are in remission!!!

And congrats to you and your DD for her graduation and beginning college! That must feel wonderful!

Weren't you going to school yourself? Like with a goal to be a religious education director?

(((hugs)))

1 minute ago, unsinkable said:

Hi!!!

It is nice to "hear" from you!!!

I'm so sorry about your cancer diagnosis but I'm glad you are in remission!!!

And congrats to you and your DD for her graduation and beginning college! That must feel wonderful!

Weren't you going to school yourself? Like with a goal to be a religious education director?

(((hugs)))

I was! I was in school studying history.  Not long after the start of the problems, my grandmother died. I had to travel and as a result missed the final weeks of the class I was taking for the semester. The final grade dropped my GPA under the requirements for financial aid so I put it on hold for six months. Then that turned into a longer hold and I’ve still not gone back with 3 semesters to finish my BA. I’ve just applied to have the student loans forgiven since I’m unemployable. Nobody in this small town wants to hire and train the person who has a 12% five year survival rate.  So I spend my time focusing on healing and hoping I’m in that 12%.

2 minutes ago, hornblower said:

Hi, I remember you! Thanks for the update, sorry for the sucky diagnosis. 

I'm in treatment for breast cancer right now, considering having a prophylactic ooph as I have family hx of ovarian ca as well. F... cancer. 

Hi! I’m so sorry.  I agree completely with your assessment. 

• Like 1

I remember you! I'll be praying you are in that 12%!

And although I'm sad to hear of the diagnosis, thank you for posting. I found in my medical records from my pregnancy (she's 1 year old now) that they saw a complex cyst during one of my ultrasounds and I never followed up on that. This is a reminder to get that checked out, so thank you. 

1 minute ago, Ktgrok said:

I remember you! I'll be praying you are in that 12%!

And although I'm sad to hear of the diagnosis, thank you for posting. I found in my medical records from my pregnancy (she's 1 year old now) that they saw a complex cyst during one of my ultrasounds and I never followed up on that. This is a reminder to get that checked out, so thank you. 

Yes, please do. The things can apparently go from nothing to something rather quickly. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

I was! I was in school studying history.  Not long after the start of the problems, my grandmother died. I had to travel and as a result missed the final weeks of the class I was taking for the semester. The final grade dropped my GPA under the requirements for financial aid so I put it on hold for six months. Then that turned into a longer hold and I’ve still not gone back with 3 semesters to finish my BA. I’ve just applied to have the student loans forgiven since I’m unemployable. Nobody in this small town wants to hire and train the person who has a 12% five year survival rate.  So I spend my time focusing on healing and hoping I’m in that 12%.

Oh, wow. I am so sorry about that. I'll be praying you're in the 12%.

(((lots of hugs))) I wish I could do more than internet hugs.

• Like 1

I remember you! ONe of your posts had came up in something I had searched a few weeks ago and I went to your old blog to see how you were. 

I 'm so sorry to read the sad update :( 

But happy to read your daughter is doing well and still dancing.

Prayers for you.

Oh.my.goodness! Chucki! It's great to see you! I won't “like” your post, because it sounds like you have had a rough few years, but I am glad you popped in to update us. I can't tell you how many times I have thought of you and wondered how you and your dd were. I understand that teh interweb isn't your thing, but please do stop by more frequently to let us know how you are.  And best of luck to your dd with the dance studio dream. Careers in the arts right now can be brutal ( says the flutist who has had exactly one gig in the past year...ugh!) and I hope it all goes well for her! 

Sending you lots of virtual hugs and super-positive vibes!

Yes, hello! I remember lots of discussion about the potential house. It definitely does not seem like it's been five years, wow. 

I'm sorry about all the medical troubles and I'll send some good thoughts your way. It sounds like dd is doing well and certainly keeping busy! 

50 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

I will try to pop in more often. 

Please do.  I remember you!  I think I was starrbuck12 about 5 years ago (when you were on the boards last).  I remember your dd was just a little older than mine.

Yes I remember you!  It’s great to hear from you.  I’m sorry to hear about your health problems.  I hope and pray that you’ll be part of the 12%!  

Things are very different here.  Lots of people missing, but lots of new people, too.  We still manage to talk about the same things, though.  :) 

Of COURSE I remember you!! 

In fact, I was just remembering something you said and wondering who said it, and Jean in Newcastle said it was YOU! So you've been on my mind. heartheartheart

Sorry to hear you have gone thru a sucky patch. 

Please stay in touch. I miss your sense of humor and your perspective. Comment away. <3

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Liz CA said:

I was wondering what happened to you, Chucki.

Glad you checked back in.

I hope you feel comfortable with your docs and are looking around for various choices...because you know there are always more choices, more opinions.

Yes, I am actually. I fully embraced integrated medicine.  It seemed to have worked for me.  Because of it, chemo was nothing. I asked my RN the second week when I could expect to start feeling sick from all the meds. She said it wouldn’t be much longer. I’m still waiting. My biggest issue was the weight gain from the steroids and my inability to get it back off. I had a complete hysterectomy so I lost those hormones, and because of the type of cancer I can’t have HRT.  As soon as the temps are consistently above 45*F I’m going to start running again and get back up to 10 miles a day along with the new eating plan. My oncologist would prefer if I go the raw vegan way. I’m working on it by being lacto-ovo vegetarian. It’s just too cold for raw food here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

What does it mean when I get a notification that says so-and-so reacted to a post? 

It just means someone liked your post. We now have more choices than just "liking" such as "sad face" and "confused face."

If someone quoted you, it says "quoted" in the notification. Like I did in this post. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Chucki,  

I am so sorry to hear about your cancer and your husband's autoimmune disorder.  But I am very happy to hear your daughter has graduated and is doing college now.  I have thought about you a number of times and wondered if you continued to homeschool and to live where you are.  Oh, and when the boards changed, I decided to change my name from TransientChris to TravelingChris since I haven't moved since 2011 and we do not plan to leave where we live now even when we retire.  Welcome back!

As soon as I saw your username and photo, I remembered you. I've been a faithful reader for the last 9 years, though I rarely ever post. I did want to say I am so very sorry for the health challenges you and your husband have faced. It takes so much energy to endure and press on when dealing with hard health issues and losses, but you are doing it. May your diet and exercise plans become a helpful part of your life and bring about good results. Blessings to you and your health.