Menu

My mom died

Janeway

I knew it was coming. It has been years since I have been able to talk to her. I posted about the elder issues in the past. But now she is gone. I had thought since she was pretty much gone a while ago, it would be ok when this time came. Instead, I am a blubbering mess. My children don't seem bothered at all. She was never a grandma to them, at least, not that they can remember. And of course, all that family drama. I cannot even tell you all the drama because it is just so far out there. Just rotten rotten rotten. So I will sit here alone, in my room, and just cry, alone. I am glad my children are not sad of course. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  Allow yourself time to grieve.  Good or bad she was a big part of your life and half of your genetics.  Most of us just can't brush that off.  It's ok to grieve even if a good part of that grief is wishing things had been different.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 14

My half sister had her transferred to a different hospital months ago, twice in the spring and then to long term care and then switched to a different long term care. I lost track of her at a point and could not find out where she was. She died a few days ago and no one told me. I feel so stabbed in the back. I guess relatives who knew assumed my half sister would tell me. Nope. She never did. I did not even know before the funeral. If the funeral already took place. I have not even been told where she has been buried or was buried. My half sister is a hateful disgusting beast. I did not want to resort to dragging cousins who live on the other side of the country in to this, but I think I need to start texting and see if anyone at least knows where they buried her. I had to find out via social network online that she died. 

edited to add: I texted a cousin who lives far away and probably doesn't know details, but hopefully, he has details. He and I were always close, but he had no relationship with my half sister so he might not have details.

Edited by Janeway

My word, that's awful. It's ok to grieve. And it's also ok to grieve the relationship you didn't have with her. I'm sorry, janeway. Praying and sending hugs to you and yours...

She has been having strokes for several years now. She has had aphasia for a long time. And a while ago, she even forgot she had grandsons. 

I knew it was coming. It has been years since I have been able to talk to her. I posted about the elder issues in the past. But now she is gone. I had thought since she was pretty much gone a while ago, it would be ok when this time came. Instead, I am a blubbering mess. My children don't seem bothered at all. She was never a grandma to them, at least, not that they can remember. And of course, all that family drama. I cannot even tell you all the drama because it is just so far out there. Just rotten rotten rotten. So I will sit here alone, in my room, and just cry, alone. I am glad my children are not sad of course.

I am sorry.

I'm sorry.

I'm also sorry for the extra strain your half sister has caused you.

This. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother, and also for the complications and additional grief that has come from not learning where and how your mom was from your half sister. It's just so hard--and sometimes, even more so.  :grouphug:

Amy

My half sister had her transferred to a different hospital months ago, twice in the spring and then to long term care and then switched to a different long term care. I lost track of her at a point and could not find out where she was. She died a few days ago and no one told me. I feel so stabbed in the back. I guess relatives who knew assumed my half sister would tell me. Nope. She never did. I did not even know before the funeral. If the funeral already took place. I have not even been told where she has been buried or was buried. My half sister is a hateful disgusting beast. I did not want to resort to dragging cousins who live on the other side of the country in to this, but I think I need to start texting and see if anyone at least knows where they buried her. I had to find out via social network online that she died.

edited to add: I texted a cousin who lives far away and probably doesn't know details, but hopefully, he has details. He and I were always close, but he had no relationship with my half sister so he might not have details.

I am so sorry for your loss. And especially sorry that you weren't notified properly. That makes the grief very hard to process, I imagine. I lost my mom last year and I'm not sure that I've handled my grief well. Take care of yourself and be gentle on your expectations for yourself. It's so hard even without the added difficulty you're experiencing. (((Hugs)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk