Menu

Random poll about iphones--do most people you see have a phone case with a cutout that shows the Apple on the back, or one that covers it?

HappyGrace

Mine doesn't. My brother recommended this kind of case to me when i first got my phone, so i know neither his nor my SIL's does. If I was looking at cases, a cutout like that would be a strike against it because it seems showoffy to me. But if it had other features I wanted, I might get it anyway.

Mine does because it's an Otterbox. If Otterbox covered it, I'd have a covered logo. I don't think anyone mistakes me for being all about the flash. :rofl:

I don't pay attention to logos on phones. The only time I ask what kind of phone someone has is when it takes an amazing picture.

Mine does, otterbox defender. My iphone 5 survive many drops by my younger boy who just have butter fingers. He drop his iPad many times too. Many iphone/ipad cases under iphone/ipad accessories shelves at Target or Best Buy does show the logo, because the cut out for the cameras are custom to the model anyway. The cases under the generic shelves don't but the camera hole may be slightly off for your phone/tablet or there is no camera hole.

The moms in my kids German school use their iPhones without cases so from the back of the phone it is quite easy to tell which model.

My old phone was usually in a case that didn't show the logo. My son's phone is in an otter box defender so it does. My husband has a jimmy case for his that does not. I've been eying my husband's case and think I want the same style. I like the elastic wallet: http://thejimmycase.com/products/iphone-6-wallet-case-by-jimmycase?variant=1188277397

After conducting a brief household survey, all of ours currently show the Apple.

We are all using Spigen cases at the moment. Dd pointed out her precious custom design case did not show it. We have used a mix of Otterbox and Lifeproof previously and I don't think those showed it but I'm not 100%.

After conducting a brief household survey, all of ours currently show the Apple.

We are all using Spigen cases at the moment. Dd pointed out her precious custom design case did not show it. We have used a mix of Otterbox and Lifeproof previously and I don't think those showed it but I'm not 100%.

Most of the otterbox ones do show it. I'm not sure about the Lifeproof cases, we've never owned one. Edited by LucyStoner

I'm not sure about others, but I've had iPhones for several years now. I've had a pretty even mixture of cases that show the apple and those that don't. It's not a factor for me when I consider buying a case. :)

This is me. I have several I used to use and they were a mix. Now I have a Mophie case so no cutout.