Menu

$100 gift for YOU - what would you want?

Just Kate

I rarely wear makeup, and what I do have is getting really old (5+ years).  I would consider using it to go buy a few new basics at a nice store and get something more appropriate for my aging skin.  

I would like a new winter coat. but when I see one I like, it is usually closer to $150-200 so I always put it off till the next year.  My current coat needs to go away. I just fixed 3 rips in the wrist seam and a hole in the pocket. I think the thread is going bad in it.  Then when I had it zipped all the way up the other day, I noticed that the zipper-end came undone and remembered that it started doing that at the end of the season last year. LOL .... . I would consider putting it with my own money to buy a new coat, that I actually liked.

I would consider buying a gift card to myself for the coffee place in my work.  That way I have can  have a treat every Friday for almost 6 months. 

I may put some money with it and buy a Kindle Voyage.  I bought one for dd18 last year, and she really likes it.  I think I would too :0)

A years worth of subscription music service.  I really, really hate to listen to commercials. 

2 tickets (me and dd18) to a Broadway show.  They would need to be back row, but the theater we go to is so small, even those are good seats. 

A few new decor items for my book cases.  I moved all of the decor from my bookcases to decorate for Christmas.  I have decided to start over fresh this year with some new items. 

I could go on, but there are a few ideas for you. LOL 

• Like 2

Cash to cover subscriptions to newspaper archivs that I use for genealogy-- which unfortunately renew in December.

Sonicare toothbrush

Stepping stool with handle to hold onto.

Golf umbrella

I wouod ask for a pair of Ugg slippers if I didn't already have them.

Pair of black fleece gloves

At this stage of my life I would want the cash to put towards something expensive like tickets to Hamilton.

I struggle with this every year because my mil likes to give me a thing not an experience. I do not need a $50-$100 thing. Plus, she usually translates what I want into something I don't want even though I send her Amazon links of different price points of what I do want.

One year I asked for a gift certificate for a facial - I got spa slippers and a spa towel. I asked for a tortilla press to try making my own tortillas and got a quesadilla maker.

• Like 2

Gift certificate to Cherrywood fabrics, my latest obsession. I quilt, and used their fabrics for the first time in an entire quilt (my son's graduation quilt), and am using them more and more now. But, hand dyed fabric is $$$, so a GC would be awesome.

Plus then I could out it towards the retreat they are hosting in the spring.....

• Like 1

some high quality soft warm fleece bedding (it is cold here) is what popped into my mind.

A nice warm jacket (they are on sale, some of them, at Land's End)

Warm wool socks

see a theme here? :-)

Ask for half in a nice item you wouldn't buy for yourself, and half in a gift card to Amazon or  your fav place.

• Like 1

I'm answering the same way on all these Christmas gift posts, so forgive me if you already read what I'm going to say! But I'm just tickled pink with what I'm getting this year.

This year, I bought all my own gifts. It all cost just a smidge over $100. What I decided to do this year was to upgrade a lot of the stuff I already had, and I also found some odds and ends that struck my fancy. I'm so happy with my upgrades. I'm like you where I don't need anything, but iti'll be nice to get my better slippers and robe and scarf. Here's the list:

Giraffe Toilet Paper Holder (From bitsandnpieces.com. It came in the mail today--it's soooo cute that I decided to use it as a decoration in the livingroom)

Boot sock cuffs (these look like socks coming out of the top of your boots, but they're just cuffs so that they don't get stinky feet smell and you can wear them a few days in a row.)

Metal reindeer (From LTD commodities--these are candle holders and are stinkin' adorable. They'll look awesome on my mantle. I'm going to leave out one or two all year long--come in a set of 6)

Elephant earrings

Salon Selectives shampoo and conditioner (This is the brand my best friend used in high school. My parents only bought the cheapest shampoo out there. When I'd stay overnight at my friend's house, I felt so elegant using her Salon Selectives and I loooove the smell of it. I thought they'd gone out of business because I haven't seen their shampoo in years. I saw some at Odd Lots and bought it for myself just to take a walk down memory lane.)

Slippers

Super fluffy soft scarf

Strawberry soap (instead of boring old Ivory that I use now. This is just for fun.)

Chapstick (Enough so that every robe, every coat, and every room in the house will have its own chapstick.)

Fluffy jammies

Zipper Robe. (I have a bunch of robes, but they're all tie robes and they all flop open. This zipper robe also has a hood. I wear a robe all day long over my clothes so we can keep the heat down in the house.)

Water proof gloves (well, they're just leather and not expensive so that when it rains I'm not stuck wearing knitted gloves that get soggy.)

If I had more money, I'd get some more music on iTunes. I don't get music very often so it's special when I do. I'm needing an infusion of a few new songs, but I'm out of play money. ;)

• Like 1

At this stage of my life I would want the cash to put towards something expensive like tickets to Hamilton.

I struggle with this every year because my mil likes to give me a thing not an experience. I do not need a $50-$100 thing. Plus, she usually translates what I want into something I don't want even though I send her Amazon links of different price points of what I do want.

One year I asked for a gift certificate for a facial - I got spa slippers and a spa towel. I asked for a tortilla press to try making my own tortillas and got a quesadilla maker.

That is frustrating!

• Like 1

Cash to cover subscriptions to newspaper archivs that I use for genealogy-- which unfortunately renew in December.

Sonicare toothbrush

Stepping stool with handle to hold onto.

Golf umbrella

I wouod ask for a pair of Ugg slippers if I didn't already have them.

Pair of black fleece gloves

Which Ugg slippers do you have?

I want new winter boots but no one can buy those for me and it would have to be something like a Visa giftcard since I have to try on alot of boots at different places to find some that fit.

BUT I really NEED a new pair of good headphones with a microphone.  I use these for conference calls all the time and my last pair got destroyed.  $100 would buy nice noise-cancelling ones with a good microphone built in!

I'm not asking for anything, because we don't do lists or asks around here. (My husband feels very strongly that a present should be a surprise.)

I don't need anything, really, and the things I want are more in the realm of fantasy than reality. (Travel, for example, is not in the cards right now because pets and job responsibilities make it impractical.)

What I like best is when people donate to charities I support. 

I asked my mum for a printer that is on sale. I would like money on my amazon account for ebooks though and a handyman magazine subscription and new lights for my kitchen. And chairs that aren't on their last legs.

Edited by kiwik

At DH's prodding I bought my own gift this year. I broke the $100 limit, but after this week we'll be back to rice and beans and super frugal.

I bought a pair of these...you know...homeschool mom shoes...

(To add to the story...I had a pair in 2000 and gave then away. Stupid me. It's the only thing I've ever regretted purging. So, after a long year, a good bonus, and stalking them for too long, I got a new pair!!)

post-841-0-65174900-1482061718_thumb.jpg

post-841-0-65174900-1482061718_thumb.jpg

Edited by FriedClams
  • Like 1