If someone asked you right now

Amira

247 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know the shoe size of each of your children

• Yes
    • No
    • I know some but not all
    • Other

We did the kids bowl free this summer so you would think I know both since we had to rent shoes every time we bowled.  I do know my younger son's size, but my older one keeps changing it seems by the day.  So for him I'm not quite sure.

If we hadn't been renting shoes several times over the summer I would have no idea.

I know a general size range for each of them, though I find there is often quite a bit of variability between brands and types of shoes.  I avoid buying shoes without having the kids try them on first unless the shoes are clearly too big and I intend to store them until they are grown into.

Wendy

• Like 4

My 19yo's feet stopped growing when he was 15 so I've had a good long time to learn his shoe size.  My 13yo's feet, on the other hand, are growing pretty rapidly, but we just got him new shoes, so I'm pretty sure I know his size--at least for the moment!

Yes, I know them, but I only have 2 young kids, almost 6 and 2. I know it's possible that awareness will change as they age but I consider it unlikely because thus far I stock up on shoes when I see amazing deals. I even know what sizes my cousins' and friends' kids wear most of the time because of hand-me-down planning :)

Roughly yes. I could order them shoes online if needed as I'm used to the brands we use as we've used them for years to help match and afford physio's recommendation: flat and flexible sole with no heel and no to minimum raised front, flexible top with room to spread toes comfortably inside the shoe at the end of the day which is really really hard to get in normal shoes across ages which is why I've learned local brands that do and we spend most of the time barefoot or swim shoes (physio recommended them as affordable alternatives to top flexible shoe brands). For protective winter shoes or my eldest's cadet formals, I could make a good guess but a shop trip would be safer. 

I do, right at this moment, but only because I just bought shoes for youngest, recently bought cleats for middle and the oldest isn't changing much at this point. I do not *typically* know off the top of my head.

I know DD has the same length foot as I do, but hers is narrower.  DS just had a growth spurt.  His pants are high waters.  I am assuming his shoes are too small, too.  We are going to get new shoes this weekend but I have no idea what size he is.  It took real effort for him to put his dress shoes on recently and he is complaining that his tennis shoes are too snug.  Definitely time for new shoes.  He will have to use that shoe sizer thingy to find out what size, though.

Lol. No. I'm not sure what my own shoe size is. I know it's 9 to 10

Oh! Wait! I'm mostly confident one of the boys is 10.5 bc that's my dh's shoe size. I think. Now I'm second guessing myself.

We go ice skating 3 times a week. You'd think I'd know, but every time they have to tell me.

I don't know that I'm a good example though. I just don't keep track of this kind of thing. I missed my age by 2 years last weekend. At least I'm younger than I thought now.

My kids' feet have been the same size for a long time now. Two of them are the same as me. One the same as dh. I only have to remember three sizes. Makes it easier. Though, I don't buy shoes without them with me! I think shoes need to be tried on. Too many variables for comfort!

I can never remember this!  I try to remember because the information would have been helpful at various times, but I just can't seem to do it!  I know both of my kids have big feet for their ages (like I did as a child).  I think M is somewhere around a three and j is .... a 13?  Not sure.

Enough of you don't know to make me feel less weird. A friend of mine asked me at the bus stop what size my youngest ds wears and she thought it was very odd that I didn't know. I'd say it's because we're changing shoe measurement systems all the time, but she just moved here from living overseas so that excuse wouldn't work. :)

I do but only because I had to order them both shoes this week for dance!  I had to dig through their current shoes and feel toes to guesstimate. 

All I have to say about having a 14 year old boy is the size could be different morning to night.  LOL.  :lol:

Yes, but the only reason I know is because DD's feet stopped growing.  She's been in the same size for a year now (7.5).  With DS I just had to buy him new shoes for dance this week because he couldn't get into the ones he was wearing a month ago.

Normally, though, it's a guessing game with DS.  He is in a size 9 street shoe, size 10 jazz shoe, and size 10.5 tap shoe.  I expect he will be getting all new shoes again in about 4 months. 

Yes.

I buy decent-looking shoes at Goodwill and toss them in a bucket in the top of the barn...when a kid needs new shoes I just go rummage through the bucket, lol. My daughter, of course, has different styles, but I still buy hers a few sizes too big when I find them and toss 'em in the bucket. Saves time when they grow two sizes in a week :O

• Like 1

Nope, and I only have one.   I always make sure there are some too big shoes on her shoe shelves.  That way she has something to wear when her current ones become too tight one day.  I try to make sure the too big ones are super cute so she isn't tempted to wear the too tight ones because they are so cute.  But, then the KonaMari thread has started me thinking maybe I have a shoe problem.  Ten currently fitting shoes seems like the bare minimum for a girl child, 15-20 seems ideal.  Maybe if I had to buy new those numbers would change.  

• Like 1

No. I never have any clue. DH buys the shoes around here. And for myself, unless they're riding boots, I just don't care. So DH tends to buy shoes for me, too, usually after I've been complaining that my sneakers are falling apart so badly that my feet get wet or that I don't have any shoes for warm weather that don't have a fuzzy lining or...you get the picture. Actually buying shoes just isn't something I think about doing all that often. 

DH has a LOT more fashion sense than I do, too. He has a closet full of trendy shoes. I'm perfectly happy to let him be the guy in charge of shoes around here. 

I just bought shoes for 3/4 in the past week. The size would still be a guess because sizing is crazy and all over the place! My 3rd would be a total guess. She needs new shoes but sandals are flexible size wise for the next week anyway. If I were no longer buying their shoes, I might not know. They're 12, 10, 3, and 1 now so I'm the keeper of that info for the time being.

DD is easy since her feet stopped growing, she is about my size.  I have no clue for the boys.  My 12 yo is in bigger shoes than DH but that is about all I can remember, and I am sure it will change by the next time I need his size.  Youngest I have a bit of an idea of the range because I bought him some shoes about a month ago, but his feet have already grown since then, so I am sure I would need to have him resized next time even if I did remember the exact we just bought.

DS20 and DD16 haven't changed sizes in a few years, so they are easy.  DD8 seems to out grow shoes every 6 months and it always seems to be the middle of a season, so that I have to buy her 2 pair of winter boots,  2 pair of sandals and a pair of tennis shoes (spring and fall).

DD8 and wears an 8.5 adults shoe.

DS and DH wear an 10.5

DD16 wears an 8.5