Menu

At last

Chris in VA

Congratulations! Can we call you Granny? :D

Heehee--Well, I think I'm going to go by Grandma; ddil's mom is Russian (in Russia for the time being) and I think she wants to be Babushka, but I'm not sure.

I guess I could be Grammy B.

Hey, that's a good name for a Hiver granny, eh?

• Like 1

Heehee--Well, I think I'm going to go by Grandma; ddil's mom is Russian (in Russia for the time being) and I think she wants to be Babushka, but I'm not sure.

You could also be "Oma," "Safta," "Bestemor" or "Mormor." I personally like the sound of "grand-mere." :lol:

Just in case you were looking for a multi-national flair.

A couple of years ago, DH and I went away for our anniversary and ate at one of those "Japanese" restaurants where they cook the food right there on the table and you sit with strangers. We met this sweet couple there from the south somewhere who'd just moved to that area. We were talking and it came up that there kids call their grandmas "Precious" and "Sunshine." I told DH I wanted a unique grandma name too one day and declared that I would one day be "Rainbow Unicorn." I broke this news to our children, who were not amused. And while DD DOES call me Rainbow Unicorn (and DH is Pappy Weirdo, lol) when referencing us to her guinea pigs, she also tells me that I will NOT be called that by her actual children. We'll see... ;)

• Like 6

Congratulations!!

That's a wonderful name. My dear GraNNy B who just passed away on Mother's Day weekend was well known by her name. We all called her Granny B - cousins from the other side, our friends, the great and great great grandkids, and friends of all of those people.

• Like 1