Menu

Update on DD

DD & I (DH was there as much as possible in between holding the fort down at home) spent the week at the hopital for her 24 hr video EEG monitoring. I pray that she never, ever has to do it again without her meds. It was so awful on her. It seemed as if she was constantly having little seizures (absence type or jerking) then she'd had big seizures that they stopped with ativan. She barely ate and when she did, she'd throw up (she throws up often after a seizure.)

They started her back on her meds earlier than they had originally planned b/c she was doig so badly. One of the worst parts was that after the big seizures when she was postictal she kept asking for her medicine. It was heartbreaking to watch her suffer like that.

She is on another new medicine. She's going to have a PET scan. They think it might give them more info.

Thanks so much for all the advice and thoughts and prayers. I am so wiped out physically and mentally I don't know if I should cry or sleep. Or cry in my sleep.

:grouphug: huggy-hugs for all of you.

Thank you so much for updating us. I was very concerned.

:grouphug::grouphug:

I'm so very sorry that you and your dd are going through this! I will continue to pray for her. I'm sure you are ALL exhausted. I hope that you have friends, family, church people....SOMEONE near by to come alongside you and just feed you and help you function for a bit while you get your feet back under you. :grouphug:

I know you must be exhausted, but still, thank you for taking the time to update us. I thought about you the other night when I was tucking my own sweet girl in bed and wondered how you guys were doing. We are praying for your sweet family from our little corner of the world.

One more :grouphug: from me. You can never really have too many.:001_smile:

God bless you, friend, and your daughter. I cannot imagine. You are surrounded by love and support here. And many many prayers. Remember your screen name. You are unsinkable. You all will see the other side of this.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: