Menu

If you are a church attender

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Christmas day service, but several Christmas Eve services.

I think the volunteer coordination of Christmas Day would be a logistical nightmare. I know we are traveling. And there isn't truly anything specifically Biblically important about December 25, right?

ETA. I forgot our pastor is doing a live webcast devotional on Christmas day.

We are having candlelight Christmas Eve services and a Christmas Day service. We normally have two services on Sunday, but we will just be having one on Christmas.

ETA: I was surprised at how many people eagerly volunteered to help in the Children's ministry on Christmas day.

Our church is not having regular Sunday services. We always have a small Christmas day service and will have that this year as well, but not the 7:45am, 9:00am, 11:30am, and 5:30pm. this does not bother me at all. It would not bother me if there were no service either. Opening the building and running the service requires a lot of volunteer time, in addition to time of paid employees of the church. I think the volunteers and employees should be able to visit out of town family or hav quiet time with family at home on this special day.

Our church is having it's two usual Christmas Eve nighttime services as well as it's usual Sunday morning service. We usually go to the 11 o'clock Christmas Eve service, but we're going to skip it this year and just go to the Christmas morning one.

We had to rearrange some of our traditional Christmas with the Family plans, but it's going to work out. Now if we could just get some snow!

We'll be having abrieviated Sunday Services. Basically just Sacrament meeting (where we partake of the Sacrament i.e. "communion", and listen to talks/sermons given by members of the congregation). From what I hear, there'll be more music than talking, but we'll deffinitely still do the Sacrament. :) It'll probably be just over an hour long, and there will be no Sunday School or Priesthood/Relief Society/Primary classes afterwards. (PH for the men, RS for the women, and Primary for the kids). So instead of being at church for 3 hours, we'll only be there for 1, but it'll be the most important 1 hour of the day, because of the Sacrament. :)

We have three services on Christmas Eve. We will have two on Christmas morning. We will attend Christmas Eve, but not on Sunday, as we have out of town company.

We used to be able to watch my sil on Christmas morning at the National Cathedral, but she works in a different church, now. I'm sad about not seeing her!

Since we recently took over a church that's an hour and a quarter from where we live, we've decided to have only a Christmas Eve service. I just can't make my kids spend 2.5 hours in a car on Christmas Day to get to and from church. Hopefully everyone at the church is okay with it. At least no one has complained to us yet.

What Diane said. Our service is only one hour instead of the usual three. The tricky bit is scheduling it--church is normally at 9 for us, and we're keeping it there, while my parents' meeting is at 1 and has been moved to 10.30.

I quite like the idea of attending church on Christmas whether it's Sunday or not, but that's not how the LDS Church does it--family is always supposed to be more important than meetings. So the idea would be that you would make your day special and sacred--at home with your family.

Christmas Eve has the three services we always have. Christmas Day has two out of the three normal Sunday services, as well as Sunday School. However, childrens SS classes are being combined and the childrens' director will lead them in something special instead of normal class. I think turn out will be low on Christmas morning...

Our church is having services on 12/24 at 5 pm and 9 pm and then another service 12/25 at 11 am. All three services will be the same. On Christmas morning, there will also be one large SS class at 9:30 am rather than the regular smaller classes. (We normally have church services and Sunday School classes at 8, 9:30, and 11 am.)

My mother's church (my childhood church) has a children's program on Christmas Eve and a service on Christmas morning regardless of the day of the week.

The Catholic Church always has Mass on Sunday, Christmas or not. Furthermore, since it is a Holy Day of Obligation, when Christmas is on Saturday, we're obligated to go then, and go again on Sunday. :D

Of course, we also have "vigil" Masses, which are the day before a Holy Day of Obligation, so if we are not able to attend on the Holy Day itself, we can go the evening before. For Christmas, we have Masses at 4 (Children's Mass), 6, 8, 10 (Spanish), and Midnight on Saturay, as well as the Masses on Sunday.

Yes, one service at 11:00 on Christmas morning. (A regular Sunday would have two.) Our church will always have worship on Sunday. Only a major natural disaster or catastrophic emergency would prevent. There was even worship last year during the flood!

And two services on Christmas Eve.

Our church never has a Christmas Eve service (that always makes me sad) but they will be having Christmas Day service this year. Rather then two services, they are doing one combined service.

I wish we had church services every Christmas. I love when it falls on a Sunday.