Menu

Pray NOW

ScoutTN

1 hour ago, MercyA said:

News is reporting that at least three children have been killed. Unfathomable and infuriating that this keeps happening.

Scout, wish we could do more for you now. ❤️

Echoing this. Just saw the original post. I am so so sorry, Scout. There is no rhyme or reason to this. I feel angry and heartbroken. 

Prayers continue, friend. Praying strength for you in the days ahead. 

2 minutes ago, Corbster98 said:

... There are just now words nor understanding on how this continues to happen. 

I think everyone knows how this continues to happen. The question is why we allow it to.

I'm very sorry that this has happened to your community, ScoutTN.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Katy said:

Why would a 28 year old woman… did her child get kicked out?

Why would ANYONE go shoot up anyone?  Hell.  Even during war, this would be a war crime.

Like there aren’t any angry pissed off females in America with access to guns and ammo?

You know why she did it?

Because the guns and ammo were there for the taking and she didn’t care about life anymore. Not hers. Not theirs.

I’m sure that just like every other scenario we will find out dozens of people could have prevented this. We will find out that numerous simple measures being followed or being implemented could have prevented this. We will find out that she was angry. Hurt. Depressed. On meds or not on meds. Hopeless. Single. Married. Or divorced. No one really liked her. No wait many loved her and wanted to help but found they couldn’t legally do anything but watch the train wreck. People who cared couldn’t imagine she’d do this.

Blah blah blah. 

None of which means anything bc the reason she did this is bc she got the guns and ammo to do it and our society didn’t bother to make that harder for her to do.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 15
  • Sad 1

I am so sorry this was at your church, Scout, but also, so sorry that as a nation we still, still have not addressed this problem. 

Female shooters are statistically very rare. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

No free to say more, but the shooter was the child of a mentally imbalanced former member who was legally banned from the premises years ago. Not a random thing. This young woman was taught to hate, bred up on lies and warped thinking. All her formative years. Very scary even years ago.

The power of parenting can be frightening.

Not saying she is not responsible for her actions, or that people cannot break free from such backgrounds.

Just that our influence as parents is deeper than we even know in our day to day life. 

Horrifying.

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, ScoutTN said:

No free to say more, but the shooter was the child of a mentally imbalanced former member. Former member was legally banned from the premises years ago. Not a random thing. This young woman was taught to hate, bred up on lies and warped thinking. All her formative years. Very scary even years ago.

The power of parenting.

Not saying she is not responsible for her actions, or that people cannot break free from such backgrounds.

Just that our influence as parents is deeper than we even know in our day to day life. 

This young woman perceived herself as a victim and did not have empathy, compassion, listening, respectful disagreement, or logical thinking modeled in her home. 

Again.  New day, same story. There’s millions of people like that in the world. And they don’t go on mass shootings bc even if they want to - they don’t have the opportunity to do it. Unless they live in the USA.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

Again.  New day, same story. There’s millions of people like that in the world. And they don’t go on mass shootings bc even if they want to - they don’t have the opportunity to do it. Unless they live in the USA.

Right. And there will be lots of people jumping to, “If she didn’t have access to those weapons, she just would have done it another way.” No, it’s very unlikely that she would have. It’s in large part the fact that so much lethality can be accomplished by someone with little strength or skill that makes these weapons so dangerous. Had she had just a knife, it’s unlikely she could have gained access to the inside of the school at all, much less do more than begin to attack one person before she would have been overcome by staff on premises. And most disturbed people who would be willing to stand at a distance and pull a trigger at someone are much less likely to be willing to go to hand to hand combat with them.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

17 minutes ago, Heartstrings said:

I’m seeing some reports that the shooter was trans.  That’ll throw a new spin on the story if it’s true. It’s all rumor mill junk though.  

The police officer at the press conference confirmed that the shooter identified as trans and that it may have been a motive for the shooting. They found a manifesto…he didn’t elaborate. I assume we’ll know more facts in the next few days.