Reefgazer

Does Your DH/SO Have Facial Hair?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Does Your DH/SO Have Facial Hair?

• Yes - Age under 25
    • Yes - Age between 25-50
    • Yes - Age over 50
    • No, not at this time.

Yes; mine has had some type of facial hair for nearly as long as we’ve known each other. (There was one Christmas he shaved clean, but he didn’t keep it.) 

58 minutes ago, AmandaVT said:

DH varies between goatee and full mountain man depending on time of year. July tends to be well trimmed goatee time of year.

This basically describes dh, although I don't think it's seasonal.  Right now he has the mustache and goatee but he just mentioned growing a fuller beard again.  I thought it was an odd choice for summer, but it's his face so his choice.  He bears a strong resemblance to Santa Clause when his beard is full.  

10882384_10205458049001257_5599938153800663778_n.jpg

20190701_115750.jpg

• Like 4

dh - never

1ds - no, 

2ds - wavers between trimmed beard and clean shaven.  throat/neck shaved

1ds's same age friend - just shaved off a thick beard he's been sporting since in got his BS.  (he was in a musical playing five different characters, he says that's why.)

Been married 27 years, he’s had a full beard the entire time.  This was taken about 3 weeks ago on our 27th anniversary.

He gets a 2:00 shadow.  Really, by 2:00, he’s looking very scruffy.  It grows very fast.  Trying to be clean shaven (he’s tried once or twice) is frustrating to him and not worth all the effort. 

FD0E2EF8-9B78-4CE3-BB83-028BFED879FB.jpeg

Edited by Garga
  • Like 5

No. He had a goatee for a while, but we were teenagers then lol. It suited him. He couldn't have facial hair for his job (sealed mask) so he got used to clean shaven - including the top of his head - and now more than 3 day stubble makes him itchy.

Eta, we're both in our 30s. Him later 30s than me!

Eta again, his father (60) and brother (30) both vary between short goatee/stash and clean shaven.

Edited by LMD

Mr. Ellie has had a mustache as long as I have known him. In the 70s, it was sort of Fu Manchu-ish 🙂 but when that was out of style, he shaved those side thingies. A couple of times our choir musical was set in the 1800s and many of the men grew beards, and so did Mr. Ellie. He left the beard for awhile because it looked good; he was also in a bagpipe band, so it was especially appropriate. However, he hasn't done that in many, many years now.

So, mustache, but cleanly shaven everywhere else. No scruffy half-growth going on here.

My DH grows a beard as soon as it gets cold and keeps it for as long as I can stand it. I actually like facial hair, and he looks nice with it, but I need a break once in a while, and I like his face both ways. It seems like it doesn't trim up as evenly or easily after a couple of months, though he keeps it trimmed, and that's another reason he doesn't have it full time.

When dh and I first met, he had a well groomed goatee. Since IIH has taken more of his freedom to do things, he often sports a full mountain man beard until it drives him crazy enough to sit still long enough to have me trim it off for him. We tried special dipilatory cream for men's facial hair but he has crazy sensitive skin and it looked (and according to dh felt) like he stuck a hot iron to his face. I can use the exact same cream to help trim up down south on me and it doesn't burn at all, so we know it is just his skin issues and not the product itself. I love when we get the chance to shave him, he has such a baby face to look at and feel lol. But until we get his brain shunt to alleviate the pressure and pain, we both have to put with his beard for now. :-(

Edited by sweet2ndchance

Clean-shaven since I've known him, and I like it. (Hair in a buzz cut for many years now, which I usually do for him. He likes how low-maintenance it is.) He wears glasses. A man with eyes like his doesn't need anything else to block my view. 🙂

23 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I forgot to say that both my sons have trimmed full beards too.

received_495067091242532.jpeg

I finally get to see the family! How lovely!

How do you all post pics in the post? I only know how to FB link.

• Like 1

Dh never had facial hair until about 4 years ago. I really don't like it when he kisses me or we kiss on the lips because the goatee/mustache scratches and irritates my face, especially around my lips. Are there any products around that soften facial hair? If the scratchiness could go away, I would like his goatee better.