Menu

Prayers for MedicMom and baby this morning

Halftime Hope

I hope I'm not out of line, but she posted (publicly on FB) about an hour ago that she was in active labor, asked for prayers for safety, and said baby C would be here at around 8am (her time).  There was a bit more in her post that was concerning, so I wanted to see if she had posted here, but she has not.  I'm guessing that when the ball started rolling, there was no time. 

I don't want to start a big thread to upstage hers, but if we can keep this one bumped up so people know they need prayer this morning for a safe delivery, and you all go over to her other thread (which hasn't been updated since last night) to wish her well, that would be the best of all worlds. 

Oh, and one more thing, if she has to have surgery, I'm betting it may be awhile til we hear from her.  Does anyone know her IRL who can keep us posted to let us know they've made it through?  I would be grateful.

• Like 17

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting this. She is included in my prayers. As I wrote yesterday in the other thread, she is in the proper place, which is a large hospital.  Last week, a young woman about 20 minutes from our house, was at home alone, she was 7 months and she went into labor. She called the police and the officers in her neighborhood responded and delivered her baby, before the ambulance arrived. MedicMom is in a much better situation. Prayers and good thoughts and fingers crossed, for MedicMom, and the doctors and nurses and everyone who is taking care of her!

From FB:

Welcome Caden. Born at 8:40 am and cried immediately; 3 pounds 1 ounce, 15 and a half inches long. Caden is breathing room air with a cpap nasal cannula and his lungs look fantastic. He squeezed my finger already. 

Made me tear up.  So happy to read this.

Welcome little Caden!  Lots of people who you'll probably never meet were praying for your safe arrival.  May you always be surrounded by love.  Looking forward to hearing about what curriculum your Mom chooses for you in 6-7 years.   :)

• Like 22

From FB:

Welcome Caden. Born at 8:40 am and cried immediately; 3 pounds 1 ounce, 15 and a half inches long. Caden is breathing room air with a cpap nasal cannula and his lungs look fantastic. He squeezed my finger already. 

What a way to start my morning! Welcome, baby Caden! What a great size, and fantastic lungs!   Wonderful, wonderful news. You did everything right and grew a strong babe! Congratulations!!!!

• Like 1

Sat holding my own beautiful two-week baby that defied all odds with me (and not nearly as dire as little Caden!) and am teary-eyed with happiness for you. I know that you guys have a long road ahead, but you must be ecstatic to have him safely here and in good hands. Well wishes for a speedy and full recovery for you and that Caden will continue to grow guickly.

Happy birthday baby!

• Like 9