Menu

Sad News Thathomeschooldad

kewb

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He suffered for quite some time.  Rest in peace.

:crying:   Gonna miss you Tom.

I'd like to think that you are wrong.  I want to think that suffering is just a frame of mind.  He had such a wonderful attitude.  I don't want to think that he suffered.

But you are right that he will be missed.

All I've been thinking about is what a truly rad dad Tom must have been to his daughter. Funny, loving, equalitarian, living his values, focusing on what is really important in life, giving her an excellent example of manhood and being a loving father. She's lost him far, far, far too soon but what a lucky girl to have had him as her dad.

He never seemed scared. Every time he went into the hospital (which seemed like it was constant) he was just like..."Oh they'll patch me up and I'll be good to go."

I hope he wasn't scared.

It sounds like he took a sudden turn for the worse, but maybe he was sicker than I realized all along. I knew he was stage 4 and in the hospital a lot, but he acted so normally that it was easy to forget he was sick.

Kewb- Thank you for letting us know.  Let his wife and daughter know that he was well loved on these boards, and although most of us never met him irl, we are missing a good friend.  My heart goes out to his dw and dd.  Hugs to you, too.  

He never seemed scared.  Every time he went into the hospital (which seemed like it was constant) he was just like..."Oh they'll patch me up and I'll be good to go." 

He had the cancer for a few years.  He very much rolled with the punches.  He did not want to be treated like a sick person and he lived his life.  These past couple of months he took a turn for the worse.

He had the cancer for a few years.  He very much rolled with the punches.  He did not want to be treated like a sick person and he lived his life.  These past couple of months he took a turn for the worse.

I'm sure it's already been said, but thank you for the update. Many of us had been concerned. Sure wish it could have been good news.