Menu

What will you be doing Election night?

We don't have a tv, but I think we could listen to NPR for live coverage, right? I'm actually really interested in the local election, so I suppose we'll have two radios going.

Every 4 years I think about owning a tv and getting cable.

Our NPR station breaks national coverage to discuss local election results every so often on election night, so yours probably will too.

I'll probably be glued to my laptop. I just hope we have definitive results that night, unlike in the 2000 presidential election and the '08 senatorial election. I know it's going to be another close one. Our state senate race is really close too, so that's another one I'll be anxiously watching.

Four years and two years ago, I watched the numbers climb online, so I expect that I'll do that this time too. We're on the east coast, so it will probably be a late night. (But it was fascinating watching our Gubernatorial race two years ago -- it really appeared that one candidate was going to win, and bit by bit, it swapped.)

We don't have a tv, but I think we could listen to NPR for live coverage, right? I'm actually really interested in the local election, so I suppose we'll have two radios going.

We went no TV after enjoying little TV in our 4 years in Germany. After 8 years of no TV, we got a TV for Netflix, then got an antenna for the World Series last year. We watch Olympics, end of season baseball and football, and will watch the election. We did watch movies on our computer when we had no TV.

The last 2 elections, we invited ourselves over to good friends' houses. If you bring dinner/snacks and they are good friends, it's all good. (I may have killed a kitten there, I hope not!)

We'll probably watch a taped show or two (we DVR everything we watch), eat supper, then I tend to head to bed between 8:30 - 9pm. I get up at 4:30am to work and like having some hours to sleep.

Staying up vs sleeping won't change any results national or local and I already know who is going to win most races anyway. I'm still backing the candidates I want by my vote whether I expect them to win or lose, but I'm not going to stay up to celebrate/mourn as I tend to agree with a pp who said not much ever changes anyway.

In the morning the local news will fill me in so I can see whether my pre-election thoughts were right or wrong. I'll head off to school knowing the results, but having had some decent sleep.

Hosting a sleepover. Our co-op is studying the election. The kids wanted to get together and see the results, which could be very late, so we are hosting and will have, I think, 7 kids sleeping over.

Elections are dh's sport, so this is like the World Cup for him. He's a fan. Not of any party per se (I mean he has his opinions, which I obviously won't share), but he mostly just loves the process. If you met him and told him where you live, he'd know your senators, your district number, and your congressperson.

We will be happily out of town living in ignorant bliss. Our phone will ring about a million times that day as it usually does on election day and I am so sick of elections and politicians that I cannot wait for it all to be over. I will likely check the numbers a few times on the internet but have no desire to listen to any more political mumbo-jumbo. As if I was not cynical enough about the whole process before, living in a "battleground" state has made me pretty much dislike every possible candidate.

Do you need cable to get any TV? We thought we couldn't get TV where we lived but it turned out we just needed a little bit better of an antenna and we needed it to go up a bit higher. Then you could get a cheap TV and no monthly fees if you wanted one.

We don't have cable, only live TV and Netflix through Roku boxes.

Dawn

Church treasurer work until 9:00 p.m. with DH and then coming home to collapse because he will have been up since 5:00 a.m. We will likely check in and see what the numbers are, then watch a Bones episode on Netflix, and the fall into bed. We'll find out how it all washed out in the morning.

Faith

Another political junkie here... I'll be glued to the TV all night until it's settled - hopefully we won't have to wait until the next day to hear the final results.

DH will be out of town, so dinner will be simple and the kids will be in bed early. ;)

There will definitely be wine. If my candidate wins there will also be champagne. :cheers2:

Drinking

:iagree::lol:

More than likely, stalking the exit poll numbers, and news stations. I am a real news and politics junkie, so this is a double treat. You idea sounds great, too.

Danielle

I am such a political junkie. I watch the debates and Sunday morning news shows like I watch football:tongue_smilie:. The kids and I will probably stay up late watching returns, flipping through every channel we have. Since the world will be ending if either one is elected, I will neglect laundry and eat tons of junk food. Who wants to be doing laundry at the end of the world?

Eating chocolate, yelling at the tv, praying, generally driving my husband crazy :D

My oldest two have seen mommy-on-election-day.

This will be the first one my youngest will be able to remember.

I am very glad my dd has school off that day. She, however is not. :tongue_smilie:

I always make sure I have nothing to do the next day, but unfortunetly I *have* to be somewhere at 9am. So, I'll probably be :willy_nilly:

:lol: I seriously considered getting cable for the event, but I convinced myself I didn't need it. I came pretty close to doing it though.

We do have network TV, so we'll probably watch that or stream from the internet. We'll probably buy some sparkling grape juice and either celebrate or drown our sorrows, lol. ;)

I am such a political junkie. I watch the debates and Sunday morning news shows like I watch football:tongue_smilie:. The kids and I will probably stay up late watching returns, flipping through every channel we have. Since the world will be ending if either one is elected, I will neglect laundry and eat tons of junk food. Who wants to be doing laundry at the end of the world?

Ha! I've been known to say that election return night and national spelling bee day are like my Super Bowl. So, lets get this straight. You like nuclear power, and you think the Sunday morning shows are better than football? Can we be besties? That is, of course, unless you're rooting for the wrong person to win. ;) :lol:

Ha! I've been known to say that election return night and national spelling bee day are like my Super Bowl. So, lets get this straight. You like nuclear power, and you think the Sunday morning shows are better than football? Can we be besties? That is, of course, unless you're rooting for the wrong person to win. ;) :lol:

I like Sunday morning news shows AND football! I don't watch soap operas and I don't cause drama. I need my drama fix from somewhere:tongue_smilie:. I love nuclear power because it pays my bills. And I don't care who you vote for as long as you just vote. We can be bffs!

I know! This year has sorely tested my resolve, because it was the Olympics, our local baseball team was in the playoffs, and there's an election.

Hosting a sleepover. Our co-op is studying the election. The kids wanted to get together and see the results, which could be very late, so we are hosting and will have, I think, 7 kids sleeping over.

Oh, that is such a cool idea! And maybe it will distract you from the wait.

Before the polls close, my husband and I will probably both spend time electioneering for a ballot question that is important to us and to our church. Once the polls close, expect to find me obsessively refreshing websites and becoming a basket case. Fun fact: this will be the first presidential election since 2000 that I won't be pregnant, and will be able to drink. And everyone around me will be happier. ;)