Menu

Thanks!

Drama Llama

Praying that the hard memories will fade to the background and the good memories and new memories take the forefront, so that peace, joy, and comfort will be the prominent feelings in your new environment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Will just suggest--music and togetherness through board games (or other cheerful activity) really does help. Try to avoid isolating from each other--keep the cocoa and comfort measures quietly but steadily flowing. Step by step you can do this.

Continuing in prayer. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

IME reading your threads over the years, you seem to give a great deal of thought to every action you take. You’ve consistently shown more patience and grace than I would have thought to grant. So whatever you’ve determined the need to do at this point, I believe has come with the same tremendous amount of consideration. God bless you as you move through the step you are now taking. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grace Hopper said:

IME reading your threads over the years, you seem to give a great deal of thought to every action you take. You’ve consistently shown more patience and grace than I would have thought to grant. So whatever you’ve determined the need to do at this point, I believe has come with the same tremendous amount of consideration. God bless you as you move through the step you are now taking. 

Yes, this.

Plus, it has always seemed that you and your boys are a strong and loving team. Together you will get through, even if it is hard.

Thinking of you, and wishing you all the best. I hope that this transition goes as smoothly as it can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Drama Llama said:

My oldest is so mad at me and his Dad.  He isn’t going to sit and play a board game with me.  

I’m so sorry.

My experience is nothing like yours, but we’ve had our share of trauma and anger, in different ways and degrees. I can’t counsel you, but I can say that when my kids have been angriest, they’ve also known we were doing our best, even if the result was still a muddle. The forgiveness comes out eventually. I bet your oldest knows he can trust you to cope with his anger while that’s what’s uppermost. 

Sending lots of hugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1