Menu

Some positive thoughts please

11 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

but apart from that his skin is OK, so not those terrable skin syndromes first thought. His airways are good 

So mostly all very very good news 

Oh my goodness I’m near tears reading this! What AMAZING good news! I know it is still scary and stressful but what a relief to havre the worst possibilities off the table! I hope that you both get some rest today and will keep praying. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

I was absolutely terrified for you and afraid to read the thread. I’m so so glad things seem to be looking up. Hope you got some sleep and some food. 

It is pretty stressy, but I think me being with twin 1 is less stressy than poor dh and twin 2, back at home and worried sick. Twin 2 has completely gone off eating. 

And of course in true brotherly style when they did talk to each other the first thing twin 2 said to twin 1 was "I smashed all your lego" .  

An untrue statement. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

42 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

The hospital is so amazing. Last night a nurse showed me where there is a laundry room and lent me a hospital gown to use as nightdress. So many parents arrive just like me, unexpected, no luggage. they're all set up to help in so many huge ways. 

I'm so glad! I was confident that they would be, but sometimes parents get a little lost in the shuffle until the dust settles, and at some point, the parents need to be able to shift into self-care mode to keep going!

We had one expected hospitalization last year that had a lot of twists and turns and then one unexpected/emergent hospitalization that was more relaxing, oddly enough. It's very weird how it plays out at times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

It is pretty stressy, but I think me being with twin 1 is less stressy than poor dh and twin 2, back at home and worried sick. Twin 2 has completely gone off eating. 

And of course in true brotherly style when they did talk to each other the first thing twin 2 said to twin 1 was "I smashed all your lego" .  

An untrue statement. 

Those poor babies (and DH). They must be so confused. I hope they get everything sorted and you can all be home soon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Thanks for the offer. I think we will be right. 

I am so glad that things are looking better!

I'm also glad that the hospital is taking good care of you.  

18 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

An untrue statement. 

Having been both the parent at hte hospital and the parent at home, I agree with you that DH is probably having a hard time. 

And of course his brother said something that usually would make his brother come running.  Consciously he knows it won't work, but subconsciously, he doesn't. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

The very best update

Twin 1 is recovering nicely. We are going to be discharged later today. 

Thank you very much for all the positive thoughts and prayers.it really helped. Thank you so much 

👏So very glad for you!!!  So scary and so glad the doctors and staff took such good care of your boy and you!!!

• Thanks 1