Menu

Prayers for dh again.

saraha

Praying!    

Coincidentally, I read this at a doctor’s appt and came home.  I walked in the door and dh says “my dad’s retina detached and he’s having emergency surgery in the morning.”   I was like, wait that’s happening to someone on WTM.
  I hope his surgery goes well and y’all can put this behind y’all.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

14 hours ago, WildflowerMom said:

Praying!    

Coincidentally, I read this at a doctor’s appt and came home.  I walked in the door and dh says “my dad’s retina detached and he’s having emergency surgery in the morning.”   I was like, wait that’s happening to someone on WTM.

I hope your fil’s goes well too!

14 hours ago, WildflowerMom said:

Praying!    

Sending good thoughts to your FIL

• Thanks 1

Finally home. Surgeon said he accomplished what he wanted. It was resident retina-bro with an attending, which was the last person he wanted, but he didn’t know til he woke up. Will learn more tomorrow when they take the bandages off and look.

Thank you so much for being my friends and all the support, I don’t really have anyone here to vent to or lean on. And especially for the prayers and we’ll wishes. Thanks 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today was a bad news day. After last surgery, doctor started a shot protocol to try to reduce scar tissue pulling the retina away again. Took dh to get his second shot in his eye today, saw his original doctor but had to go all the way down into ky to see him. He tried to nicely deliver the bad news that not only did the shot not work, he is scheduling another surgery in 10 days.  Dh is so disheartened. He still has the oil bubble in from last surgery and doctor says that is what is keeping it from tearing completely away.

We are getting to the point of asking why are we still doing this. There is only a 30% chance of having any usable sight in that eye now and each subsequent surgery reduces the percentage. I do t know, if he’s going blind in that eye anyway, why do we keep paying for these surgeries.

Im just whining. I’ll do whatever dh wants to do. It’s just so so disappointing 

• Sad 45