Menu

favorite xmas song...

SparklyUnicorn

I also like Oh Holy Night, and I am not religious :)  I think my favorite is Silent Night, though, the Sinead O'Connor version on youtube.

Oh, and I like this Hanukkah song (not that you asked): 

I found it by some weird accident after blog-hopping  through homeschooling blogs or sewing blogs or something years ago.  I think it's just a brilliant song - "They would not bow down, they could not bow down, not even their lives to save."

• Like 4

Tied for first: O Holy Night, O Come O Come Emanuel, What Child Is This? I really enjoy them all--religious and secular both, but those are my favorites.

These, plus Silent Night in German and the French carols Noël Nouvelet and Il est né le divin enfant.

• Like 3

It's not my favorite, but I don't feel like the season is complete unless I can hear Crabs For Christmas. It's a song about a Marylander who is longing for some Maryland crabs at Christmastime, but of course, they're not in season and he's stuck in Texas. I love that song.

I love how he slips into a Baltimorean accent halfway through the song.

My favorite nice song is O Come O Come Emmanuel.

• Like 2

MIne is O Holy Night, especially sung by Josh Groban.  I asked my kids earlier tonight if they knew what their Dad's favorite song was.  I want to make sure they remember things like this about him.  His was Little Drummer Boy.  There have been tears every time I've heard that song these past few weeks.

• Like 10

Too many to choose, but among my favorites:

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

Carol of the Bells

Selections from Messiah

O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.

Liking a new song by Keith Getty called Joy is Dawning, I think. Their version of In the Bleak Midwinter is fabulous.

Love choral pieces arranged by Mack Wilberg, John Rutter and Robert Shaw.

fun music:: The Charlie Brown Christmas, James' Taylor's version of Go Tell It On the Mountain.

• Like 2

I think if I had to pick one right now I'd go with Merry Xmas War Is Over - John Lennon 

but it would be fight between that & 

Fairy Tale of New York - Pogues 

Les Cloches du Hameau - Celine Dion 

& you know BoneyM's Mary's Boy Child / Oh My Lord is great for last minute tidies before guests arrive. It gets everyone zooming...

dh & I have different tastes on this. He likes If We Make it through December (we have the Holly Cole) but omg, what a dreary song that is;  and We Saw 3 Ships done by some frantic chorus that gives me a headache lol.... I don't let him near the stereo if I can help it ....

• Like 2