Menu

Who has a mom that you really enjoy being with?

SKL

I loved being with my mother when she was alive.  And I am not just saying that because she died young.  She died at 49 and I was 28 at the time.  I could talk to her for hours.  She was the only person who made a big deal out of my birthday.  She'd cook me lunch (nobody ever cooks me anything).  I really miss that.

:grouphug: I'm sorry. I wish I could cook for you.

I enjoy being with my mom.  We invite my parents on any vacation we take because the whole family enjoys them.  Oh, they have their issues, who doesn't?  My MIL likes me so much more now that she is demented LOL.  I'm the one she hugs and kisses now, but it wasn't always this way.  Very sad, but I do like it better :)

I love my mom but to quote one of my favorite books.....

Her advice is much like pepper, I think.  Excellent in small quantities but rather scorching in her doses.

The same can be said of my mother-in-law.

My mom is awesome in small doses.  The fact that she moved across the country helped our relationship immensely.  Now when we see each other we usually have a great time.

I really hope my daughter likes to spend time with me when she is an adult.

99% of the time, my mom is one in a million! I think that's pretty good statistics.  I try as much as possible to be available to her because she doesn't have a lot of friends due to working past retirement while most of the women her age are free agents, no kids at home, retired, traveling, etc. She works a lot of hours. So, we I can get her away from the job, I try to make sure she has a relaxing time.

My own DD and I get along very, very well and enjoy doing many things together. She lives in New Jersey now, and I miss her.

I do! We also ask our parents to come with us on vacation. I love spending time with them.

Same here! My parents rented 3 condominiums for everyone & we're all going to the beach for Thanksgiving! It will be my parents, my sisters, and our husbands and kids. It is going to be crazy fun!! With an emphasis on crazy, lol. 11 grandkids playing! So fun!!! :)

I talk to my mom by phone about 4 times a week and we talk for over 2 hours easily in one call. We email several times a day every day too. My mom has done some crazy things but I must admit she is a fun person. We get along really well. I wish I lived closer so I could hang out every day.

I love my mum - but she's half a world away, so it's hard to hang out with her.  But I have been blessed with the world's best MIL, who lives a few houses away, and we all love to hang out with her!

I'm having one of those days when I wonder how my daughter will answer this question in about ten years time...if we go on like today, she won't be answering in the affirmative!! 

Me :D I'm counting down the years till she retires so that we can have more time together. She willingly quit her job when I was pregnant and knew DH couldn't take off work when I went on bed rest. She was unemployed two years just to be there for me and the babes :) She is swell but is working now with a retirement goal in mind. I speak to her about 3 or 4 times a week and see her about once a week. Sometimes twice. We are very similar personality wise.