Menu

Let me tell you about my husband.......

7 years ago, when I was a struggling single mom, I met him.

He respected, and supported, my rules about dating as a single mom. He respected my rules about intimacy. He respected my rules about dating (only when xh had the kids and some other stuff).

When introducing him to the kids was possible (met my criteria), he cried that I had given him the honor. Right there in CiCi's, he cried.

He was over at the house one weekend. He was trying to help with outside projects. I didn't have the correct tools/stuff. He took the boys, went to Home Depot and returned with the boys ;) and an outdoor broom, a quality rake, and some basic tools.

He taught the boys how to build, fix things, take care of tools.

He coached baseball 4 seasons, for both boys.

He earned money purposely to buy a keyboard for my dd (who can't do sports).

He went to my dd's JRA Doctor's appointment.

He took my dd to see Taylor Swift.

He made me watch sappy movies that made me cry (Christmas shoes? What's the POINT of all that emoting?)

When financial burdens were imposed on us, he took any and all odd jobs he could. He designed alarm systems. He put siding on a home. He ran firework stands. He drove school buses.

He planned family outings: a fishing contest, a trip to Six Flags, a trip to the amusement park in Houston before it closed, a trip to Schlitterbahn. Movies.

He taught me how to play Texas Hold Em.

He is THE REASON I am a therapist. Once, when he was listening to me on the phone counseling a woman about parenting, he asked me incredulously why WASN'T I DOING THAT FOR A LIVING. Finally, we made things happen to make me getting my Masters a priority. He supported and cheered me on every single day I was a student, including my final semester in which he was getting very sick.

He began his own Masters. He was going to be a Chaplain at a hospital, nursing home, etc.

And, tomorrow, he goes in one.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: This board has been the collective recipient of your words, and your wisdom, and your occasional wry humor for more than a decade. We are all so fortunate to have crossed paths with you. I shall be forever grateful for almost everything that you have written and shared over the years. Your candor and honesty is unparalleled. We are all fortunate to have shared your insights, and your sorrows, and every so often, your victories. Do you remember the board euphoria that spread like wildfire when you married Adrian? There was cheering in the streets that night.

Your tribute was heartfelt and heartwrenching. I simply cannot fathom just how many collective hearts and minds are absolutely aching with you tonight. We love you and we are here. May God give you strength and peace to cope with yet another unimaginable burden.

Jen

Edited by Jenn in FL
typo

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: This board has been the collective recipient of your words, and your wisdom, and your occasional wry humor for more than a decade. We are all so fortunate to have crossed paths with you. I personally shall be forever grateful for almost everything that you have written and shared over the years. Your candor and honesty is unparalleled. We are all fortunate to have shared your insights, and your sorrows, and every so often your victories. Do you remember the board euphoria that spread like wildfire when you married Adrian? There was cheering in the streets that night.

Your tribute was heartfelt and heartwrenching. I simply cannot fathom just how many collective hearts and minds are absolutely aching with you tonight. We love you and we are here. May God give you strength and peace to cope with yet another unimaginable burden.

Jen

:iagree: I will continue to pray for your family. :grouphug:

Yes, this. I'm so very sorry.

:grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: This board has been the collective recipient of your words, and your wisdom, and your occasional wry humor for more than a decade. We are all so fortunate to have crossed paths with you. I shall be forever grateful for almost everything that you have written and shared over the years. Your candor and honesty is unparalleled. We are all fortunate to have shared your insights, and your sorrows, and every so often, your victories. Do you remember the board euphoria that spread like wildfire when you married Adrian? There was cheering in the streets that night.

Jen

THIS!

You may be physically far away from me, but I hold you close in my heart.

Faith