Menu

s/o: Which Boardies have passed on?

I can remember a couple, Kalanamak and Hornblower come to mind. We've had such wonderful times together over the years as boardies, and I wish we had a chance to enjoy each other's company more IRL. 

If I were a single woman, and someday if I'm a widow, I will buy a campervan and set out to do the Great American WTM Roadtrip, and see who wants to meet up with me in choice scenic spots for a cuppa.

My long term memory is really bad. I know I'm missing some dear folks.

• Like 19

I was also remembering nmoira and homeschool dad. I still make nmoira's peanut butter chocolate chip muffins. I don't remember if it was one of the infamous threads, but it was one where she posted to I think lighten the mood in a tense thread.

• Like 4

I’ve worried about a few boardies who disappeared during the pandemic: @Lanny and Margaret in Colorado spring to mind. I think Margaret left by choice, but Lanny just quit posting. I think both had some health issues. There was @geodob too, who mostly posted on Learning Challenges threads. Of course people drift away over time, as is their right, and we don’t know what becomes of them. 

Edited by Innisfree
  • Like 12

56 minutes ago, Innisfree said:

I’ve worried about a few boardies who disappeared during the pandemic: @Lanny and Margaret in Colorado spring to mind. I think Margaret left by choice, but Lanny just quit posting. I think both had some health issues. There was @geodob too, who mostly posted on Learning Challenges threads. Of course people drift away over time, as is their right, and we don’t know what becomes of them. 

I communicate Margaret. She is fine. Busy busy busy with ranch and scouts!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

I still miss her. She was wise and so helpful to me. I've wondered how her son has fared without her over the years.

19 hours ago, Carol in Cal. said:

Kathy, an original WTM mom with one son, attended the 10 year anniversary conference in Williamsburg and then found out she had breast cancer and passed away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

I remember all of them and miss them. I I know that one of my daughters knows that I would like you'all to know When I pass away.

I literally have instructions in my “When we die” folder. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

The 1st two on my list were Kalanamak and Moira followed by Hornblower,Greta and eaglei's ds.

There are so many missing lately Lanny,Spy car,Kelly-blsdmama,Umsami,StellaM,NightElf,

Margaretin Co,Karen in San Antonio(she had moved last I heard). The list is bigger than this.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, mominco said:

The 1st two on my list were Kalanamak and Moira followed by Hornblower,Greta and eaglei's ds.

There are so many missing lately Lanny,Spy car,Kelly-blsdmama,Umsami,StellaM,NightElf,

Margaretin Co,Karen in San Antonio(she had moved last I heard). The list is bigger than this.

StellaM changed her username, and now is taking a board break. I'm in semi-regular contact with her, and last I heard she is doing fine.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

StellaM changed her username, and now is taking a board break. I'm in semi-regular contact with her, and last I heard she is doing fine.

I miss her spicy wisdom on the boards.  But I am glad she's doing well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

I saw her reaction on a post recently and was happy to see it and hoped she might be back again.

• Like 4

Another more recent one that seems to be missing is Quill.  I'm sure some of you are in touch with her!  Someone from about ten years ago who was very active was Sparkly Unicorn.  I'm not sure what happened to her.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, J-rap said:

Another more recent one that seems to be missing is Quill.  I'm sure some of you are in touch with her!  Someone from about ten years ago who was very active was Sparkly Unicorn.  I'm not sure what happened to her.  

Quill is using a new name. She’s just as active. 

I miss Sparkly unicorn, too. 

Edited by freesia
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, EKS said:

I've been thinking about BlsdMama and have been concerned about her absence.

I feel concerned as well. Her last posts were just normal, with no indication of anything new going on. I remember she was looking for remodeling advice for the exterior of her house. Someone bumped her thread about her dd going to S Korea in February and tagged her with no response. I don't recall if anyone here knows her IRL.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, KSera said:

I feel concerned as well. Her last posts were just normal, with no indication of anything new going on. I remember she was looking for remodeling advice for the exterior of her house. Someone bumped her thread about her dd going to S Korea in February and tagged her with no response. I don't recall if anyone here knows her IRL.

I don't know her, but I do know her name from the time she posted her video. I'm not on Facebook and don't know if she is, but if someone wants to check, PM me. 

ETA: A couple people are working on this.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 4

On 3/23/2024 at 7:42 PM, EKS said:

I've been thinking about BlsdMama and have been concerned about her absence.

We did find her Facebook page, but she hasn't been active there (that we can see) for about a year. Someone here told me that if she has her posts set to private, we would not be able to see new posts, so hopefully it's that. A boardie who is on Facebook messaged her but has not heard back; however, this might be due to her privacy settings, too. 

Sorry we could not find out more. 😞 

Thanks so much to those who helped me look. ❤️

• Like 7

Even more than 2O. I think I may have found out about the board Vegsource .  I had already stopped using Sonlight. I think I joined in 1999 but when did the board start?  Ì know i was also on AOL board before WTM. That is where I met a group of life long friends too - a small group  of military wives ebo homeschooled then.  Ws migrate later to Facebook bur I am not sure how that group went from AOL to Facebook  since I know I stopped  using  AOL as my internet provider - ic that was whar jt was by the 1999. I met almost all of that group and one lives in my metro area and her dh worked in the same agency as mine, after he retired from Army.. He is about to retire earlier than the 67 designated age w SS now. Plus I think you still need 20 years for federal civil service retirement too and he hasn't been in that so long.

24 minutes ago, Kassia said:

another boardie was nice enough to share with me!  I never would have guessed.  I'm really clueless.  

16 minutes ago, QueenCat said:

I've really missed her and am now clueless. 

lol…me too. I’ve been on here for a long time but don’t post often.  I am terrible at figuring out when boardies change their names. 
I have missed Quill though! I really appreciated her balanced perspective. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kassia said:

Wow!  I have no idea who she is now!  

Yep! Normally I can pick people under a new ID but not this time. However I think she had good reason to change and I’m happy to respect privacy 🙂 

• Like 4

On 3/23/2024 at 10:56 PM, Halftime Hope said:

Does anyone know what happened to Creekland? I lost touch with her. 😞 I hope she's alright. If anyone knows her IRL, please tell her I was asking about her.

I sort of do. We exchanged Christmas cards for a while; I met her IRL. But it has been a couple Christmases since we’ve corresponded, so I couldn’t tell you how she fares right at this moment. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, madteaparty said:

lucky mama? Or Luckymom? Her DD studied Arabic and so did my son so I remember her being super helpful and lovely. 

I met her IRL too, but it has been several years since we saw each other. 

• Like 1