Menu

What dumb thoughts are you willing to share?

Carrie12345

Just now, bibiche said:

Wow, thanks everyone! I feel so much better about not being able to find the sunglasses that were on my head a little while ago! 😎 

When my daughter was away at college, she used to call to chat every couple of days. I got in the habit of just carrying on with my life and carrying the cell phone around with me while we talked. One day, I was on the phone with her and wondered aloud somewhat irritably where my stupid reading glasses were. My daughter waited a beat and then told me they were on my head. 

She was right.

Even when 800+ miles away, she knew me well enough to know that's where I had "lost" them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, rebcoola said:

Oh I just remembered a doozy.  The last Mother's day before Covid. Myself, my oldest and my youngest went out to brunch with my mom.  At the time oldest was 12 but fully developed and youngest was just a few months old.  The waiter asked if their were 4 generations at the table both my mother and I said Yes.  ODD just starts laughing and says no that's my sister I didn't get knocked up at 11.

Okay, I was really confused because the ages in your signature say DD14, DD12 and DD 19.  I had to read the rest of each line to realize DD19 must be 19 months. 

My oldest is 11 and 13 years older than her siblings, and could easily pass for 18 when she was 12.    We definitely got a lot of people thinking she was mom and I was grandma. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kbutton said:

My kids want to know why I am dying

My kids kept asking me too-ha! These are great. I can definitely relate to birthday mess ups and newborn panics. I often mispronounce 'Canada' when I'm really thinking about it for some reason. It comes out as 'Cah-NAY-dee-uh'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not so much a dumb thought, but a total brain fart. When I worked at a travel agency, I called a client and left a message on her answering machine/voicemail. Except that I identified her as me and me as her.

"Hi fraidycat, this is (insert her name) from XYZ Travel Agency, with some information regarding your trip to ______.... " 😂

• Haha 11

These are all really funny.

I do these things far too often to even remember one to tell.

To be honest, it isn't even that funny for me.  I very often say the exact opposite of the word I want.  Simple example "man it's cold" when it's 100 degrees out.  I catch myself a lot, but how often do I not catch myself?  And sometimes catching myself isn't good enough, if the first (wrong) word is taken as an insult / brag / lie / etc.

I also do this in writing sometimes.  But at least I have the chance of catching it if I proofread.  This is one reason why I edit so many of my posts.

I wonder if this is some kind of disorder.  I can't find a name for it in google.

• Like 1

I once had to make a phone call to a lady at church I was supposed to work on a project with. I get nervous about phone calls and this lady I really didn’t know so I’m sure I was nervous. Well I get the answering machine and I leave my message with my name and phone number. Only I gave her some super random number. I hung up the phone and thought “that isn’t my number”. So now I’m really feeling stupid and I leave a message saying “That wasn’t my phone number. I guess I don’t know my own number but my real number is ....” It wasn’t even an old number or a family member’s number. Just some random number. 

I’ll tell one on a kid of mine. He was early teens and getting his hair cut. The lady cutting it, making small talk, asked if he had the day off work. Being nervous for whatever reason, he said “yeah I have the day off today” even though he didn’t have a job. Well the lady then asks him where he works so instead of backtracking on his first comment, he went on the fabricate a story about mowing lawns with my husband in our family lawn care business (which I assure you does not exist). He got in the car after and he was laughing so hard at himself and how stupid he was. But I think he learned his lesson about just admitting his first mistake rather than going deep down a hole of a made up story to cover his first dumb answer. 

Edited by teachermom2834
  • Like 1
  • Haha 14

If we are talking newborn sleep deprivation I once screamed and swatted at a onesie hanging over the side of the changing table because I thought it was a cat that had somehow gotten into our apartment. My younger sister came running into the room to see what I was yelling about. 

I’m all “oh nothing I just thought that onesie was a cat.”

• Haha 12

In my 20s, coming back from a work lunch, I suddenly stopped and said, "Oh no! I think I left my glasses on the restaurant table and need to go back." My co-workers were staring me until one finally said, "They're ON your face."

A different time (also when I was in my 20s), I was riding with my sister and her friend. Friend casually gestures at an apartment complex we're passing and says, "That's where I got stoned for the first time." I was aghast (and naive). I asked incredulously, "They threw rocks at you?!?" (I figured it out right after the words left my mouth. And, I have never lived that one down. Lol.)

When I was about 12 (back in the days of landline phones and no answering machines), some guy called for my dad. I asked if I could take a message and the guy gave his name but I didn't write it down, knowing I could remember it. Hours later, I remembered to tell my dad about the call but couldn't remember the name. He tossed out a few guesses,  none were it, and I finally said something along the lines of, "It was something like Bill Robertson" and my dad immediately goes, "Oh! Rick Schafalasky!" And I said, "Yes! Exactly!" My mom and sister were very confused at this exchange but it made sense to my dad and me.

Last one is not about me. I worked at a library. A woman came in to meet with the branch manager. But first, she had some things to take care of, fines she needed to pay because she forgot the due dates, help resetting her password because she had forgotten it, some other things due to forgetting. (She looked familiar and I finally realized it was because I had once, years before,  taken an "Intro to Yoga" class from her.) Got finished helping her take care of her various items, then went to get the manager for her. She was there to talk about an upcoming class she was going to teach at the library. Topic? Mindfulness. I had to chuckle a little.

Edited by Stacia
  • Haha 16

4 minutes ago, SKL said:

To be honest, it isn't even that funny for me.  I very often say the exact opposite of the word I want.  Simple example "man it's cold" when it's 100 degrees out.  I catch myself a lot, but how often do I not catch myself?  And sometimes catching myself isn't good enough, if the first (wrong) word is taken as an insult / brag / lie / etc.

I also do this in writing sometimes.  But at least I have the chance of catching it if I proofread.  This is one reason why I edit so many of my posts.

I wonder if this is some kind of disorder.  I can't find a name for it in google.

I do this too. It started a few years ago. I didn't like your post since you don't find it funny. I did tell my family that when I'm old, it will undoubtedly be worse. Yikes!

• Like 1

The worst "pregnancy/new mom" thing I did was once upon a time, we're at Toys R Us looking at things for our new baby, who was a few months old at the time. He has a terribly dirty diaper, so I go off to the restroom to change him. The doors are labeled "boys" and "girls" (not "men" and "women") and so, as I am changing a boy baby, I go into the boys' room, where I find nothing out of the ordinary -- there's a changing table, a small child sized toilet, a regular stall, a urinal....I just register these as being for the little boy children. Obviously. 

While I'm standing there changing him, a man walks in. I give him a very incredulous stare. He looks at me, confused. He steps out, looks at the door to check he's in the right place. He comes back in, I give him The Look, and he turns around and leaves. 

Only as I am walking back through the store to my husband does it dawn on me that it was me in the wrong restroom, not the man who tried to come in. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 43

2 minutes ago, TheReader said:

The worst "pregnancy/new mom" thing I did was once upon a time, we're at Toys R Us looking at things for our new baby, who was a few months old at the time. He has a terribly dirty diaper, so I go off to the restroom to change him. The doors are labeled "boys" and "girls" (not "men" and "women") and so, as I am changing a boy baby, I go into the boys' room, where I find nothing out of the ordinary -- there's a changing table, a small child sized toilet, a regular stall, a urinal....I just register these as being for the little boy children. Obviously. 

While I'm standing there changing him, a man walks in. I give him a very incredulous stare. He looks at me, confused. He steps out, looks at the door to check he's in the right place. He comes back in, I give him The Look, and he turns around and leaves. 

Only as I am walking back through the store to my husband does it dawn on me that it was me in the wrong restroom, not the man who tried to come in. 

I'm dying. 🤣

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Home'scool said:

One time we had friends over who had just come back from a cruise. They were talking about how they took a banana boat ride off the back of a boat. Before I could stop my mouth, I said "off the back of the cruise ship?!" 

I was so embarrassed! Imagine being towed on an inflatable banana behind a cruise ship!

I keep randomly picturing a cruise ship towing a banana boat now! 😄

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Oh man, I started laughing on the second line of this story because I knew exactly where your brain went.  So funny!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Okay, I was really confused because the ages in your signature say DD14, DD12 and DD 19.  I had to read the rest of each line to realize DD19 must be 19 months. 

My oldest is 11 and 13 years older than her siblings, and could easily pass for 18 when she was 12.    We definitely got a lot of people thinking she was mom and I was grandma. 

Lol I use my phone and didn't notice. I think I had years and than flipped it back to ages at some point and missed the baby.  So I am a goober online to lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We recently visited the ocean, and it was particularly seaweedy one day. As we were bobbing around, kicking seaweed off our feet and flicking it away with our hands, I said in exasperation, "This stuff is just like weeds but in the sea ... oh." We laughed.

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, rebcoola said:

I know say and do plenty of dumb things.  The one that lives and is told all the time is this time I couldn't say the word faux pas.  I was talking to my DH and tried to say that was quite the faux pas and instead said poo fa, than like fapoo I tried like 4 times.  Before just dying in giggles.  Don't know what glitched out that day but I have never lived it down.

My most recent one of those was when I was telling dh about the videos I was watching.
”They interview North Korean deflectors.”
”North Korean what?!?”
”Deflectors.”
I realized as soon as the second one came out of my mouth, but there was no redeeming myself. He is 100% convinced that I believed the word was deflectors. Totally unfair, given my word salad history and the fact that I had been obsessively watching these videos, lol. But I definitely did say it. Twice!

• Haha 11

With tears of laughter, I must say thank you to all of you! Consider the appropriate emoji of laughter, or (the missing) hugs, or a general like on all of your posts. I can't think of one right now, but it is certainly not because I don't say/do them--I just can't think of one at the moment. But I don't feel so stupid anymore!😂 (And I'm not calling you all stupid, you understand...) I was just trying to read the little boy bathroom one to my ds, and could hardly read it for laughing. He just sat there looking at me strangely.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I have told this one  before but it is funny.   And it illustrates that if I would just keep quiet I would  not tune people into the fact that I am indeed a goofball.  

I worked in an office, in a cube.  They were patching the carpet.  This very tough looking female worker comes into my area to patch a spot.  In dismay I see she has a 1970's bright orange shag carpet piece with her.  She sets about cutting out the old piece of BLUE carpet, and the entire time I am thinking, 'man it would look better to just leave it alone than change it out to orange.'  About that time she takes her glue gun out and lays it....on the orange piece of carpet which was apparently (not to me!) just a scrap she was using to protect the carpet.  She inserted a matching piece of blue carpet into the hole.

Oh, but could I just be quiet?  No.  I said, rather loudly and rather excitedly, 'oh!  You were just using the orange carpet to put your glue gun on!  Yeah, that is a good idea.....the blue looks really good with....the blue.'  She looked at me like I was from another planet.

SHM.  AND all my co workers heard me.  And they laughed.  A lot.

I do this kind of thing - a LOT. I get excited and say stupid obvious things. lol

• Haha 1

I forgot my own address once when filling out a form. I had to ask my daughter. I told the counter person it was because we’d recently moved. (It was recent if you count 6 months ago as recent.)

i have forgotten my own children’s birth years. Not the month/day, but definitely the years.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

My most recent one of those was when I was telling dh about the videos I was watching.
”They interview North Korean deflectors.”
”North Korean what?!?”
”Deflectors.”
I realized as soon as the second one came out of my mouth, but there was no redeeming myself. He is 100% convinced that I believed the word was deflectors. Totally unfair, given my word salad history and the fact that I had been obsessively watching these videos, lol. But I definitely did say it. Twice!

ROFOL.  Seriously, this has me in tears. LOL

When I was pregnant with twins, I was on an iron supplement.  My mother came to visit and asked if she could borrow my iron.  Since I never ever iron, it didn't even occur to me that she wanted to iron something - I thought she wanted to take some of my iron supplements and I couldn't figure out why she asked to borrow them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

We were at the coast and there were signs warning us not to bother baby seals which are occasionally left on the beach by their mamas while they go off for food. I saw two lumpy baby seals in the distance and warned my kids not to go near them. All weekend we stayed clear of those patient baby seals who were waiting for their mommies. Finally I realized that they hadn’t moved at all in two days and we cautiously went over. They were two bundles of kelp. Oops!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Stacia said:

In my 20s, coming back from a work lunch, I suddenly stopped and said, "Oh no! I think I left my glasses on the restaurant table and need to go back." My co-workers were staring me until one finally said, "They're ON your face."

A different time (also when I was in my 20s), I was riding with my sister and her friend. Friend casually gestures at an apartment complex we're passing and says, "That's where I got stoned for the first time." I was aghast (and naive). I asked incredulously, "They threw rocks at you?!?" (I figured it out right after the words left my mouth. And, I have never lived that one down. Lol.)

When I was about 12 (back in the days of landline phones and no answering machines), some guy called for my dad. I asked if I could take a message and the guy gave his name but I didn't write it down, knowing I could remember it. Hours later, I remembered to tell my dad about the call but couldn't remember the name. He tossed out a few guesses,  none were it, and I finally said something along the lines of, "It was something like Bill Robertson" and my dad immediately goes, "Oh! Rick Schafalasky!" And I said, "Yes! Exactly!" My mom and sister were very confused at this exchange but it made sense to my dad and me.

Last one is not about me. I worked at a library. A woman came in to meet with the branch manager. But first, she had some things to take care of, fines she needed to pay because she forgot the due dates, help resetting her password because she had forgotten it, some other things due to forgetting. (She looked familiar and I finally realized it was because I had once, years before,  taken an "Intro to Yoga" class from her.) Got finished helping her take care of her various items, then went to get the manager for her. She was there to talk about an upcoming class she was going to teach at the library. Topic? Mindfulness. I had to chuckle a little.

To be fair, mindfulness is all about being IN the moment. Due dates and passwords have no place "in the moment". 😂🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

I try to justify this every time I stumble, which just makes the interaction longer and more uncomfortable. 
I have two kids born in May. One shares the date number with a kid born in July. July’s is just one year off the other May kid. And then there are two kids and my anniversary on the 18th of three different months.   It’s all a trap!

Recently my husband went to pick up one prescription for our son and one for me. They asked him our dates of birth to confirm he was legitimately able to pick them up. He fumbled on our son's birthday (was one day off at first) but then got it right. They gave him that prescription. Then he got my birthday a day off also! Granted, my sister's birthday is the day after mine and his sister's birthday is the day after that so this is somewhat understandable. But the pharmacist replied. "Nope, we don't have anything for that name and date of birth." The story came out the next day after I picked up my own prescription and then expressed confusion to my husband that they hadn't found it when he went it pick it up. He said, "It was so stressful! I felt so put on the spot! It was like they were giving me a test or something!" And I thought (but didn't say), "YES! It was a test! And you failed!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

10 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

I don’t want to feel alone, lol.

Dd had a dentist appointment scheduled for today.  Last night, she had a strange high fever for a couple of hours, and then was fine. I told her to call them in the morning because they ask about fevers and all that. (She is fully vaccinated, but still.). Her dentist is fully booked way out, so she rescheduled for months from now.

I started thinking that she should call back to specify she’d take any cancellations, but realized she can’t do that because of her work schedule. But that wasn’t the dumb thing.  For a brief moment, my brain was like, “Well, I know the dentist has a cancellation TODAY... can’t we take that?”

It only lasted a second but, yeah, I thought it was a good idea for my daughter to try to get the appointment she was forced to cancel.

My daughter and I refer to this phenomenon as "parallel tracks." It occurs when we have two separate thought streams that each make perfect sense on their own, but we aren't realizing (initially) that these two ideas do, in fact, conflict. And that the trains are not, after all, on parallel tracks; rather, they are on intersecting paths and are about to crash!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Emba said:

I forgot my own address once when filling out a form. I had to ask my daughter. I told the counter person it was because we’d recently moved. (It was recent if you count 6 months ago as recent.)

Just a few days ago, I forgot ours, and we have lived here for several years. Thankfully, I was filling out a form at home. I was asking ds, is it this? or this? (house number) I knew the digits, just not the order of them. He thought it was hilarious. In my defense, we have lived lots of places over the years.

5 hours ago, fraidycat said:

Not so much a dumb thought, but a total brain fart. When I worked at a travel agency, I called a client and left a message on her answering machine/voicemail. Except that I identified her as me and me as her.

"Hi fraidycat, this is (insert her name) from XYZ Travel Agency, with some information regarding your trip to ______.... " 😂

I did this with a co-worker.  I was introducing us to some outside sales folks who had traveled to the office for meeting. I introduced her as me and me as her.  *face palm* 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I have tears pouring down my face - I was thinking I needed a good cry to clear my sinuses, this is even better.

So, here's mine. On a recent trip down the coast, I was going to take the kids to where there are little penguins. Anyway, we didn't make it there, but went to a beach nearby. My daughter was like - look, there's a penguin! Yep, there it was, standing on the rocks, a bit out from the beach. We spent about an hour watching (and swimming) and pointing it out to people, and wondering if it was ok.

Then it spread its wings and flew away. 

• Haha 16

10 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don't know if this is a dumb thought but it is a dumb situation that I allowed to happen.  I logged onto our local social media with my official name (which is not the name I actually go by).  I figured that it would give me anonymity.  Only I have not been anonymous.  People I have never formally met in town somehow seem to know who I am - by this online name. .  And in person, people have refused to change to my preferred name (don't get me started on that one - but I have tried and tried and have now just given up).  So now when I meet someone in my town and they ask me my name I often hesitate.  Which name should I give?  Who am I?  I get some weird looks when I'm stammering over a simple request for my name.  Maybe they think that I'm in witness protection or something!  Or I am trying to remember which alias I'm using now!  (I would make a very bad spy.) 

I do this.  I have a mismatch between spelling and pronunciation for my name that I get tired of explaining so I use a nickname for 90pc of situations.  Every now and then I accidentally use it on an official form or something. Stupidly I have done the same thing to my daughter by calling her by her nickname 99pc of the time so teachers/coaches get confused when they see her name on forms etc.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SKL said:

These are all really funny.

I do these things far too often to even remember one to tell.

Rapid naming issues is a thing 

My sister in law wanted a specific perfume that was only available in select large cities.   I lived in LA at the time and wanted to find it for her.   My (now) DH and I were newly engaged.

I went into a perfume place at the mall and asked for the perfume and was so proud to add, "It is a gift for my fiancé's wife!"

I noticed everyone kind of stopped what they were doing and the guy behind the counter shook his head and said, "Well, this is LA, whatever works."

I was mortified when I realized what I had done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 27

Helping my kids with their primary school homework, when spelling out words, I got used to specifying "capital __" for uppercase letters.

I don't know how many times I have spelled my name to educated adults:  "Capital N, a, m, e ...."  And not even all that long ago.  (My kids are in high school.)

• Haha 20

When I had a bunch of little kids I would ask them a question and they would give some rambling or nonsensical response when I just needed an answer. So I would ask questions like, “Did you use the bathroom? Yes or no.” Or “Are you hungry? Yes or no.” I don’t know when I started doing this but it was pretty effective in my home and it got me the answers I needed 😂

Until I would get introduced to someone new at church and say “Are you new in town. Yes or no?”  Or I would ask a guest “Would you like some coffee? Yes or no.” 

So that was pretty weird. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 29

I have gotten pretty used to voice texting and saying, "I am wondering if you are free on Tuesday evening, question mark. I am thinking that would be an excellent time to go exclamation point."

I called a friend and left a voice message and forgot it wasn't a text.   I said, "Hey Rhonda exclamation point, I am hoping we can meet on Tuesday comma, then we can make sure to get the items we need period.   Just let me know exclamation point."

I was half way through the message and caught myself but it was too late.   I couldn't erase it.    We both thought it was so funny.

• Like 3
  • Haha 24

12 hours ago, DawnM said:

My sister in law wanted a specific perfume that was only available in select large cities.   I lived in LA at the time and wanted to find it for her.   My (now) DH and I were newly engaged.

I went into a perfume place at the mall and asked for the perfume and was so proud to add, "It is a gift for my fiancé's wife!"

I noticed everyone kind of stopped what they were doing and the guy behind the counter shook his head and said, "Well, this is LA, whatever works."

I was mortified when I realized what I had done.

So, when I first read this, I thought "I don't really think of Louisiana as being full of 'select large cities', but whatever, you found it".  It wasn't until I was telling it to my dd that I realized you meant Los Angeles, lol.

• Haha 14

59 minutes ago, DawnM said:

I have gotten pretty used to voice texting and saying, "I am wondering if you are free on Tuesday evening, question mark. I am thinking that would be an excellent time to go exclamation point."

I called a friend and left a voice message and forgot it wasn't a text.   I said, "Hey Rhonda exclamation point, I am hoping we can meet on Tuesday comma, then we can make sure to get the items we need period.   Just let me know exclamation point."

I was half way through the message and caught myself but it was too late.   I couldn't erase it.    We both thought it was so funny.

I did the same thing, but it was a business call. I was so embarrassed when I realize what I had done lol

• Haha 10

I have to be very careful with in person or phone conversations. While formulating a verbal reply I've frequently caught myself right before saying something like "My DH/DS [instead of saying husband or son] wanted me to tell you blah blah." Which would be really embarrassing.

• Haha 10

My example is more of my brain not at work. I knew I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for June 4th. I knew my DH had scheduled an appointment for repairs on my car on Friday. I knew Friday was the 4th and I knew the 4th was Friday but my brain still didn't put together the conflict in our schedules. Since our other vehicle is a motorcycle, which I can't drive, then one or the other needed to be cancelled. It wasn't until I got a text from my doctor yesterday reminding me of my appointment and seeing my appointment information in writing did I put 2 and 2 together. Geesh. How can one brain hold two things that are true and yet not see the relation between them? This happens to me all the time.🤦‍♀️

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

My example is more of my brain not at work. I knew I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for June 4th. I knew my DH had scheduled an appointment for repairs on my car on Friday. I knew Friday was the 4th and I knew the 4th was Friday but my brain still didn't put together the conflict in our schedules. Since our other vehicle is a motorcycle, which I can't drive, then one or the other needed to be cancelled. It wasn't until I got a text from my doctor yesterday reminding me of my appointment and seeing my appointment information in writing did I put 2 and 2 together. Geesh. How can one brain hold two things that are true and yet not see the relation between them? This happens to me all the time.🤦‍♀️

This is what my daughter and I refer to as the "parallel tracks" phenomenon. You are not alone!

• Like 2

I had recently changed my work password to something completely random that I, of course, forgot. I called IT and the guy asks me to verify the first four of my EIN. I give him the numbers, wait patiently, he asks me to again confirm the first four digits. I repeat them. We go through this several more times before he contacts his supervisor. They go through all sorts of other questions, confirm I’m me, but that number  just won’t work. 

Nearly an hour later, I realize I’ve been giving them the LAST four digits and not the first four digits. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 6

Not me, but my dog.  No matter what we did we could never break him of chasing the cat.  Every night we came home from the nightly walk he would spot her in the garage and run madly up and she would jump on the spare fridge and hiss.  He would also occasionally tear at the window when she was sitting in the window sill.  His eyesight is not the best and after she died last year, he would madly tear after various inanimate objects in the garage.  The habit has finally pretty much worn off. I recently acquired a new indoor plant and set it up in my bedroom bay window.  We came up the driveway in the evening the day after it was placed there and the dog suddenly froze dead still, one paw lifted.  Then he took off in a mad frenzy of pure joy and rushed at the window barking - only to stop completely dead in confusion and dejection!  

• Sad 8

5 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Not me, but my dog.  No matter what we did we could never break him of chasing the cat.  Every night we came home from the nightly walk he would spot her in the garage and run madly up and she would jump on the spare fridge and hiss.  He would also occasionally tear at the window when she was sitting in the window sill.  His eyesight is not the best and after she died last year, he would madly tear after various inanimate objects in the garage.  The habit has finally pretty much worn off. I recently acquired a new indoor plant and set it up in my bedroom bay window.  We came up the driveway in the evening the day after it was placed there and the dog suddenly froze dead still, one paw lifted.  Then he took off in a mad frenzy of pure joy and rushed at the window barking - only to stop completely dead in confusion and dejection!  

Aw, that's sad! Poor doggo.

• Like 2