Menu

What dumb thoughts are you willing to share?

Carrie12345

O

1 hour ago, MissLemon said:

I was driving, and out of the corner of my eye, I spied a tiny brown speck on my arm. I started furiously slapping at it, thinking it was a fire ant. 

It was a freckle. 

🧐

that reminds me of the day I spent getting annoyed by blue cars sitting in my blind spot when I was trying to change lanes before realising it was a shopping bag 😂

• Haha 9

I've been enjoying all the stories this morning.  I've messed up birthdays of my kids so much at our pediatrician's office that I'm sure they are worried about my mental acuity.  

The worst was when they asked me to spell one of our boys names.  His name is Ezekiel but since the day he was born he has been Zekie (Zeke now that he is older).  When he was about 7 the receptionist needed his name and asked me to spell it.  My mind went completely blank.  I tried three or four times before I got it right.  She just kept giving me this deadpan stare while I was nervous giggling, trying to explain why I couldn't spell my child's name!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

I have to be very careful with in person or phone conversations. While formulating a verbal reply I've frequently caught myself right before saying something like "My DH/DS [instead of saying husband or son] wanted me to tell you blah blah." Which would be really embarrassing.

I'm pretty sure I've done this.   I have a tendency to think back over conversations and I often think I do this and wonder if people think I'm nuts.  

This thread is giving me another idea for the -best things you've learned about on WTM- thread.   Learning that some of the things I thought were super weird or really brainless about myself are actually very very common.  

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, JanOH said:

I've been enjoying all the stories this morning.  I've messed up birthdays of my kids so much at our pediatrician's office that I'm sure they are worried about my mental acuity.  

The worst was when they asked me to spell one of our boys names.  His name is Ezekiel but since the day he was born he has been Zekie (Zeke now that he is older).  When he was about 7 the receptionist needed his name and asked me to spell it.  My mind went completely blank.  I tried three or four times before I got it right.  She just kept giving me this deadpan stare while I was nervous giggling, trying to explain why I couldn't spell my child's name!  

I have one child with “unusual spelling” (ending in Leigh), and a few that are pretty darn normal but still subject to alternatives in the same way that mine is.  I’m not immune to messing them up, particularly when people throw me off track.  I want to know whatever happened to a simple “Could you spell that for me?”

I get, “With a C?”
”Yes.”
”IE, or Y?”
”IE.”
”Two Rs or one?”
”Two.”
”And an A, right?”
”Yeah.”

Just let me spell it for you and save us all some time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3