Menu

Prayers or thoughts please-Dear friend lost a child

UncleEJ

Some very dear friends of mine lost their daughter today in a four-wheeling accident. She was nine years old. They have four other children who all witnessed the accident. Could I have prayers or thoughts for the family. Especially the children who had to see their sister die in such a horrible way.

I practically helped raise this little girl during her first year. Of all of their children, I had a special connection with her. I can't even process this. 😖

:grouphug:   

I am so so sorry.  I will pray for all of them and you as well.  I hate this.  I wish no parent had to bury their child ever.  

I know that they'll never forget the date regardless, but I'm sad for them that it was Halloween...and they'll have all of the Halloween costumes and build-up to deal with as well. :(

• Like 1

I am so so sorry.  I will pray for all of them and you as well.  I hate this.  I wish no parent had to bury their child ever.  

I know that they'll never forget the date regardless, but I'm sad for them that it was Halloween...and they'll have all of the Halloween costumes and build-up to deal with as well. :(

Yes. At an appropriate time, you might suggest they begin observing their religion's Day of the Dead, or borrow one from someone else's.

Anniversaries will still be hard, but it can help to have an official day when other people are doing similar because it can help ensure you keep moving through the season.

• Like 7

Yes. At an appropriate time, you might suggest they begin observing their religion's Day of the Dead, or borrow one from someone else's.

Anniversaries will still be hard, but it can help to have an official day when other people are doing similar because it can help ensure you keep moving through the season.

I like this. Thank you, Rosie.

• Like 1

I will specifically at church tomorrow. It is the day where we remember those who have gone before us.

I am so sorry for this family and for this sorrow and trauma they bear.