Menu

Our baby (pic in #39)

Congratulations!  I LOVE his name!  We're considering foster-adopt after several years of repeated miscarriages trying to complete our family, so I'm so happy to hear that the process worked out well, and I'm thrilled little Benjamin will now have such a wonderful family!

Congratulations!  I hope everything is smooth sailing to adoption.  In our experience, with DD15, once we got the TPR it was.  All of the drama occurred during the three year plus TPR process between various appeals, and continuances.  Ironically with DFD11 and DFD6 we thought it would all be much simpler because we didn't need a TPR (as both parents are sadly deceased and MGF is in full favor of us adopting) but DFD6's health problems have delayed everything.  We're seriously considering waiving the subsidy so we can just finalize because it isn't like we aren't going to adopt her no matter what the rest of these tests do say and in one case I really think that the test will not change how we manage things now or really even in the future and will be difficult/painful for her so we would like to just skip it.  Our pediatrician is in favor of that approach from a medical standpoint and while the geneticist thinks the test will be helpful even he admitted it is somewhat his own intellectual curiosity that would be helped.  

Oh, we adopted the first kids with outstanding medical testing, but they qualified based on being a sibling group.  Squishy qualifies for subsidy based on what is known though he is being followed by everyone and his brother.  Now, we are going to leveling in June which is dependent on documentation.  That will affect the amount of subsidy.  But I'm not going to fight it.  What they give us, they do.  I just don't care that much.  I almost didn't bother.

We're seriously considering waiving the subsidy so we can just finalize because it isn't like we aren't going to adopt her no matter what the rest of these tests do say and in one case I really think that the test will not change how we manage things now or really even in the future and will be difficult/painful for her so we would like to just skip it.  Our pediatrician is in favor of that approach from a medical standpoint and while the geneticist thinks the test will be helpful even he admitted it is somewhat his own intellectual curiosity that would be helped.  

I would highly suggest AGAINST that.  I have known families that have waived the subsidy and then years later something comes up  where the subsidy would have been extremely beneficial.  It isn't just about the money but about the services that having the subsidy opens up to you.........at least here in Michigan that is the case.

• Like 1

Gorgeous!!!!  What a beautiful person!!!!

A huge congrats to you, and hopes that it's all a smooth, easy ride to finalization!  So, so happy for you.  :)

Sending out warm thoughts to his biofamily, and hoping that they all find peace and a path to a better, more stable life.