Menu

Our baby (pic in #39)

• 3 weeks later...

Pamela--Mr. BW is adorable!

I would highly suggest AGAINST that.  I have known families that have waived the subsidy and then years later something comes up  where the subsidy would have been extremely beneficial.  It isn't just about the money but about the services that having the subsidy opens up to you.........at least here in Michigan that is the case.

My apologies for bumping this thread (I started a related post on the foster parent group board with this question and was hoping you would see it and respond) but are you referring to CSHCN waivers?  In our state I do think that generally kids who have adoption subsidies also have CSHCN waivers (because the caseworkers are motivated to help get those processed to open up a new source of funds) but these are not limited to children who are adopted/foster care kids.  Any parent can apply for a CSHCN waiver at any time for an eligible child. Eligibility is determined by the child's health conditions (and to an extent their resources---ie. our eldest daughter would not have been eligible because she had some of her own assetts even when she was twelve and her pediatrician mentioned the process to us) not their route of entry into the family.  We have good friends who successfully got a CSHCN waiver for their biological daughter who was born with CF.