Menu

What is (was) for dinner at your house?

ScoutTN

We are using up some CSA veggies tonight. Autumn here, weather and food.

Pork roast with mashed turnips, sauteed brussels sprouts greens and spiced fruit (apples, quince and raisins). 

Tomorrow is leftover day and I have chili on the menu for Monday.

What's cookin', O Hive of the many flavors?

Party here tonight. Serving up Rigatoni in Tomato Sauce (vegan) with shaved Pecorino Romano for the non vegans for garnish. Cheese plate and crostini, grapes, olives, whiskey barrel pickles, veg and dips for grazing earlier.

fresh green beans (in pieces), Yukon gold potatoes (diced), onion (diced), diced tomatoes -- simmered in beef stock and red wine.

They are fortunate that I had the energy to make that, as we were out the entire day at a large family event.  (which event also left us not needing a heavy dinner)

Drive-thru cuisine.

I love McGreasy frankenfoods on a cool fall night.  And the no dishes factor wins every time. 

We were out running errands so we picked up fast food and squeezed in a picnic at the park while the weather is still nice.  And it calmed the bored-to-tears kids enough that I managed to sneak in an extra stop to their favorite: FABRIC store! 

London broil, roasted butternut squash with garlic and roasted brussels sprouts. Pumpkin pie later in the evening -- I didn't get it made in time for dinner. We used real pumpkin that I had roasted earlier in the week and a Trader Joe's pie dough -- made with butter, not artificial gunk -- that was delicious.

We had taco soup. I love that soup and it's easy:

Brown some ground beef with taco seasoning, add the following un-drained cans: kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, creamed corn, regular corn, hominy, diced tomatoes, and 1 package ranch dressing mix. Heat till hot.

Serve with fritoes and shredded cheese.