Menu

I guess this is it...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will never be a good timing for this, might as well get it over with. My marriage is over.

I am sorry.

I don't know what is going on, but I see you have 2 babies. Maybe you need a break and a nap. Having little ones can push even the best marriages to a brink.

I will pray for you all....especially for peace.

Faithe

I am sorry.

I don't know what is going on, but I see you have 2 babies. Maybe you need a break and a nap. Having little ones can push even the best marriages to a brink.

I will pray for you all....especially for peace.

Faithe

I agree w/ Faithe totally. Hormones, babies and endless laundry. . .my husband and I had such a horrible time for so long. And we turned the train around in the last hour. It's so much better now. I say all this not knowing the details.

I'm so sorry.

Alley

Thanks everyone. It's been a long time coming. I'm not even really sad about it. I'm heartbroken for my children, but the love between my husband and me has been long gone.

I'm crying, but not for me. I'm crying for my children and how their lives will change because two adults cannot make it work or are not willing to make it work.

Thanks everyone. It's been a long time coming. I'm not even really sad about it. I'm heartbroken for my children, but the love between my husband and me has been long gone.

I'm crying, but not for me. I'm crying for my children and how their lives will change because two adults cannot make it work or are not willing to make it work.

I am very sorry. :grouphug:

:grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm so sorry for you and your children. Ultimately, your kids will be better off with two separate and hopefully happy parents, rather than two married parents who are just going through the motions "for the sake of the children."

They'll be OK.

Take care of yourself (and as I always say to anyone whose marriage is ending, make sure you get a good attorney immediately.)

Ok....I am just going to say it. It is not always just about " love.". That kind of love can take years...decades even. If he is a good father, a good provider, and a good man in general, you will not be better off without him.

The loveyishness that brought yountogether may just be maturing....

I am not sure of yournsituation...if he is cheating or abusive...a drug addict or an alcoholic...get out. If he is just not your cuppa anymore, I say try to find a way to make it work...even if it is just for your kids. Decide to be happy....and renew your commitment both to him and yourself.

I am not trying to be judgmental, I just see so many people throw away a perfectly fine marriage because they are not in " love" anymore, when they never got through those hard parts and learn to love one another for worse...

Unless you are in danger, or your kids are in danger, I would put off making any lasting decisions until your baby is older...and you can be more rested. Let your husband know you need what you need...and see how it goes. There is always a door out, but not always a door back in.

Praying,

Faithe

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm so sorry for you and your children. Ultimately, your kids will be better off with two separate and hopefully happy parents, rather than two married parents who are just going through the motions "for the sake of the children."

They'll be OK.

Take care of yourself (and as I always say to anyone whose marriage is ending, make sure you get a good attorney immediately.)

This is the first time I ever disagreed with one of your posts. I am not sure kids are better off with a separated family. Statistics say no. The economic issues alone would have me disagreeing.

If a man is abusive, on drugs or cheating...I say run like hell. If not, maybe a deep look within and how you can make a marriage work is a better option. Marriage counseling, prayer, maybe even a vacation together will help...even if it is just to a nearby Super 8 for the night and some dinner out. Marriages fail because people cease to work on them. And no, I don't think it is one partner's fault. It is just no easy decision...and certainly a divorce because everything isn't all rosy is not in the best interest of kids or grown ups.

Faithe

This is the first time I ever disagreed with one of your posts. I am not sure kids are better off with a separated family. Statistics say no. The economic issues alone would have me disagreeing.

If a man is abusive, on drugs or cheating...I say run like hell. If not, maybe a deep look within and how you can make a marriage work is a better option. Marriage counseling, prayer, maybe even a vacation together will help...even if it is just to a nearby Super 8 for the night and some dinner out. Marriages fail because people cease to work on them. And no, I don't think it is one partner's fault. It is just no easy decision...and certainly a divorce because everything isn't all rosy is not in the best interest of kids or grown ups.

Faithe

Maybe this opinion would be best in a separate thread. I don't think OP needs our discourse here, just hugs.

OP :grouphug:

Lisa

Faithe

Please, as a recovering Christian, divorced mom, I ask you to be very careful about this post in a thread started by a divorcing mom. These words, however they may be intentioned, were nothing but knives in my soul when I read them going through my own divorce.

A divorce, btw, that most would not know was warranted, necessary, and even biblical.

Ok....I am just going to say it. It is not always just about " love.". That kind of love can take years...decades even. If he is a good father, a good provider, and a good man in general, you will not be better off without him.

The loveyishness that brought yountogether may just be maturing....

I am not sure of yournsituation...if he is cheating or abusive...a drug addict or an alcoholic...get out. If he is just not your cuppa anymore, I say try to find a way to make it work...even if it is just for your kids. Decide to be happy....and renew your commitment both to him and yourself.

I am not trying to be judgmental, I just see so many people throw away a perfectly fine marriage because they are not in " love" anymore, when they never got through those hard parts and learn to love one another for worse...

Unless you are in danger, or your kids are in danger, I would put off making any lasting decisions until your baby is older...and you can be more rested. Let your husband know you need what you need...and see how it goes. There is always a door out, but not always a door back in.

Praying,

Faithe

I completely agree with you. I always say love is a choice, not a feeling. But for a marriage to work, both people need to make that choice.