Menu

I guess this is it...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug: I am very sorry. You will need all the strength you can gather from within yourself, your friends, your family, your faith, etc. for the next few months. Be willing to ask for help and to seek support. But it will get better. You, and your children, can survive this. You can create a better future for all of you. Good luck.

My dh and I will celebrate our 18th anniversary next spring. We are at a point where nearly everyone we know has gone through some really hard stuff in their marriages. Many people reconcile and build better marriages. Many people divorce and build a different kind of lives for themselves. Many have remarried and are *much* happier.

I agree that things get easier once the kids get bigger. But, nobody knows anything about a marriage when you are looking in from the outside. Make the best decision that you can live with and move forward from there.

I am sorry you are going through this. :grouphug:

:grouphug:

for me, way back when, xdh went thru the house on Christmas Eve telling me the things he'd take when he left. sigh....

:grouphug: its a journey i'm sorry you're having to take.

looking back, some of the things that helped....

reading and snuggling in bed with dc,

drinking tea at 4 pm every day in an arm chair with a book. some days, it lasted only 5 minutes, but for just that time, i was taking care of me. most days, it was closer to 15, and i went back to dc more centered and rested.

:grouphug: i'm sorry. while it may be better in the long run, in the short term it is just hard.....

ann

What a bad place to be in! :grouphug:

I have learned from experience to know there may be a flicker of hope. When I was 16, my father filed for divorce from my mom....I actually had prayed for a divorce for them...the crap they went through for four years was horrific. Somehow, this Christmas eve they will celebrate 49 years of marriage...and I can honestly say for 10 of those years a divorce would have seemed the best and only resolution...but for the other 39 it has been a testament of the best in two people, not the worst...four out of five decades is not so bad...just wanted to offer some hope if there is a flicker.

I'm sorry. :grouphug:

I divorced my oldest daughter's father a very long time ago. All I can say is that while it was hard at first to get used to being a single mom and helping my daughter through her adjustment period of living without her father, we all DID adjust and I have never- EVER- regretted that divorce. It was the right decision for me.

I DO believe that a miserably unhappy couple is better off apart, that staying together "for the children" is pointless if the children are growing up in a loveless household with bitter parents and that the children are better off seeing those two parents separately in two separate households without fighting or constant tension or whatever the issue is, where they can just enjoy being- separately- with parents who love them, and, yes, children do adjust.

It will be okay. Your children will be okay. They will still have their father in their lives, just differently. You will be okay. :grouphug: