Menu

Doctors are confusing sometimes

26 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

On a slightly amusing note, my brother is going to buy me some pjs today on his way to visit me after his work a 2 hour  extra drive for him. He has never bought girls pjs before. So it could be interesting. 

I am having terrable night sweats and have gone through my pjs faster than I anticipated

So we all here will need to know what he came back with.  Wondering if he will go for the soft and comfy ones or ones that might make you crack up with unique sayings. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Melissa in Australia said:

On a slightly amusing note, my brother is going to buy me some pjs today on his way to visit me after his work a 2 hour  extra drive for him. He has never bought girls pjs before. So it could be interesting. 

I am having terrable night sweats and have gone through my pjs faster than I anticipated

May the odds be in your favor.

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

My brother cheated. He asked his wife and she happened to have some new pjs that she hadn't used. So I have bright pink 😊

I remember shops in general close earlier in Australia so I would have raided supplies at home and bring along just in case I reach the stores after they closed. 

43 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Saw the doctors.  All go for the biopsy tomorrow. They are thinking of discharging me on Friday. Then coming back twice  next week as an outpatient. 

Would sure be handy to be able to walk if I am sent home. 

Will they provide some kind of transportation for the visits?  It doesn't seem reasonable for you to be taking the train back and forth.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

I am Not well enough to go on a train. 

I guess dh will do the transporting.. It is around 300 km each way

This is where the hospital system really falls down here. I remember being discharged with a kid who had literally just been given crutches and had no idea how to use them. There is not close car park so I had to get her and all the stuff out of the hospital and into the car home. I was terrified she would fall over on route and reinjure herself.

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Saw the doctors.  All go for the biopsy tomorrow. They are thinking of discharging me on Friday. Then coming back twice  next week as an outpatient. 

Staying in hospital increases the risk of infections, which may be why they're thinking of discharging you. I would request the social worker and chat with (probably) her, and work out if it is realistic to go home when your husband is already caring for 2 high need children. 

• Like 5

Ah well. 

I went for a chest xray this early evening. The effort to stand up from a wheelchair and hold on to the wall and breath out while having the xray was enough that I broke out in a full body sweat and was panting for half hour. Nurse called MET team. 

I don't think I will be going home or if I do I think dh will be taking me back to a hospital very quickly

Edited by Melissa in Australia
  • Sad 39

8 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Ah well. 

I went for a chest xray this early evening. The effort to stand up from a wheelchair and hold on to the wall and breath out while having the xray was enough that I broke out in a full body sweat and was panting for half hour. Nurse called MET team. 

I don't think I will be going home or if I do I think dh will be taking me back to a hospital very quickly

make sure they know about the twins at home when thinking about discharge etc. it can make a difference, I was given an extra day in maternity when one of the older midwives realises I had two preschoolers at home. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Ah well. 

Praying for you, your family, and your medical team as you undergo tests. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Lung biopsy today 

Continued prayers for you.  I hope you get the answers you need along with a treatment plan to get this cured and get you back to feeling great and with your family where you belong.  Many gentle hugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Surgery went well

Surgeon said all lymph nodes in airways are extremely enlarged. He was able to get 3 very good biopsies from 3 different locations. 

Results in 4 days or more 

They have already given me 2 introvenus injections of steroids

😁

I wish you didn’t have to go through this but thankful that you’re one step closer to answers and treatment that can restore your health. One step at a time. Hugs and prayers.

• Thanks 1