Menu

What are you giving your husband for Christmas?

Dianthus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A large print hymnal, which was just published and is awesome.

A book about a couple that decides to live nomadically and gold pan all over California, a true story.  He’s always got gold fever, and I was glad to run across this in an antique store.

Two dishtowels, one with a Yosemite frog and one with a multicolored bear face on it, these being motifs that are pretty meaningful t him, and these being things that we will hang out decoratively and seasonally in our cabin.

• Like 1

I got him a kindle book he wanted using my saved up credits.  A dice jail for D&D and some hand soap with a set of dragon dice in it.  I also got him a t-shirt with a scout theme.  After the new year when we get reimbursed for some expenses, I will be getting him a delayed present of a membership to an indoor gun range, so on Christmas he will get a note in an envelope or maybe something in a box telling him.

• Like 1

Sleeper hit a few years back was a Sharper Image tiny little pinching iron.

DH loves to wear heavy cotton shirts but hates the way the pocket flaps curl in the wash.  With this clamping iron thingy he can fix that in the morning before work, really fast.  

I thought he might get a kick out of this, but actually he loves it.  The right tool for the job, in spades.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wingspan Game, Bob Dylan's book The Philosophy of Song, some shaving soap (yearly gift), a sweater. And probably another book or two - throughout the year I buy books that seem interesting and then give them to whomever they seem fit for.

ETA: historically he is very hard to buy for, but this year was just easy.

Edited by marbel
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hjffkj said:

I do need stocking stuffer ideas. Our limit for that is $30. 

I always get beef jerky for both dh and ds as stocking stuffers. I saw the suggestion here years ago and it's been a hit ever since. None oflf us are lottery players but scratch off tickets are an idea. And socks. 

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

I always get beef jerky for both dh and ds as stocking stuffers. I saw the suggestion here years ago and it's been a hot ever since. None oflf us are lottery players but scratch off tickets are an idea. And socks. 

Fun sock deal

These Popular Sock Advent Calendars Will Sell Out - Lowest Price! (hip2save.com)

And jerky deal

For a limited time, Amazon is offering a digital coupon for 35% off Jack Link’s Beef Jerky Products! Even better, opt to Subscribe & Save for additional savings and free shipping!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

No clue! Argh! 😱🙄😬

Same.

I have his stocking this year (we all swap stocking names each year and this year I've got his) so that part I've mostly done. Crosswords, coffee, candy. But beyond that. Sigh. He's out of work right now so maybe nothing else. I might look for a book.

Books, a waterproof beanie hat, and an online learning subscription.  In his stocking: citronella candles, a miniature local whisky, artisanal chocolate, socks, a book, an orange.

The dog is giving him a sweater to replace the one that's completely worn through (and he doesn't want me to mend).  She worries about us because we are weird and fur-less.

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13

8 hours ago, hjffkj said:

I spent all year writing to him on every significant day in our life like everyone's birthdays, anniversary of dating, engagement, and wedding. Then I made a photo book with the writings in it, quotes, and tons of pictures of us and the kids.

Absolutely priceless. I love this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, all--

Longtime mostly-lurker here who used to post infrequently (so long ago and so infrequently that I can't remember my original profile name!) Anyway, we're no longer homeschooling but I enjoy the chat.  I thought I'd jump in here because I have what I think is a cool gift, which is unusual for me 😝

ROUNDFIRE Concrete Tabletop Fire Pit - Ethanol Fire Pit, Fire Bowl, Mini Personal Fireplace for Indoor & Garden - Bio Ethanol Fuel https://a.co/d/aCWf5YE

I'm enjoying this thread and have gotten several ideas from it!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, crazyforlatin said:

Magnetic wrist band to hold nails and screws rather than putting into his pockets or between his lips. 

Do You have a link? This sounds like something dh might like. 

Eta: Never mind I found it on Amazon. Will check my local Home Depot too. Thx for the idea!

Edited by whitestavern
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, knitgrl said:

I've wrapped it already. So with the cardboard box, this little bit of ridiculous weighs about 407g. He has not yet entered the ranks of ultralight backpacking.

Thanks for checking. Sadly, that means a no for us. We're in the process of drastically lightening our load... getting older, we can preserve our range a bit longer by replacing gear with a lighter version.

Edited by regentrude

1 hour ago, knitgrl said:

I've wrapped it already. So with the cardboard box, this little bit of ridiculous weighs about 407g. He has not yet entered the ranks of ultralight backpacking.

18 minutes ago, regentrude said:

Thanks. That's a no for us. We're in the process of drastically lightening our load... getting older, we can preserve our range a bit longer by replacing gear with a lighter version.

I wonder how much of the weight is the blow torch thing. It seems like for light camping that might be redundant with whatever stove you use.

24 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

Not a thing. I’m not great at gift giving and get things for him as he needs them. I also can’t cope with the idea of wrapping a power tool or shoes or a sweater for a grown man. I’m a bad wife I know ;)!

I struggle with this too. 

DH rarely gives me gift ideas, but he made a list this year. He's getting a shaving mirror for the shower, a lumbar support pillow for the car (maybe he will use it at his desk, though?), and a new phone case. I've also gotten him a new shirt and an Azul game expansion, which were not on his list. Each of the kids likes to put their name on a package, so I will also probably grab some unique treats when I am out shopping for other things. Oh, and his socks have holes, so maybe some socks.

One of his favorite gifts from the past is a Yeti coffee mug. It really helps his coffee stay warm while he's drinking it. We're getting one for FIL this year.