Menu

Does your username still “fit” you? Just curious.

Hilltopmom

1 hour ago, hjffkj said:

Ha. Well I just say the letters or just the first 2 hj. Funny enough, my brother who was there when this username was created (I was 12) was reminiscing about stuff and mention that username and could actually remember it even though he hasn't seen or heard it in at least 20 years. He was not aware that I still use it.

I honestly thought you might be getting frustrated with all the good user names being taken and just typed out random letters. 🤣

• Haha 7

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, frogger said:

I honestly thought you might be getting frustrated with all the good user names being taken and just typed out random letters. 🤣

Haha, nope. When the username was created usernames we're plentiful but the ability to change them was not. So, when it was created by accident I was stuck with it for the specific chatroom I set it up for. Then it just stuck across many platforms at the time.

Now it is only used here and one of my email accounts

• Like 4

No and yes. Does that answer your question? Lol

My username for here was created when I was nervous about homeschooling, but inspired by the kitty in my avatar and our other kitty who were playing near me at the time. I can't remember for sure if they scared each other or were both scared of a shoe on the floor or something, but they made me laugh and call them fraidycats. 

So, while I'm no longer nervous about homeschooling, I still get nerves when starting or trying new things. I will creep forward slowly, swat at it quickly and retreat to watch for a reaction. 😁

• Like 5

Idk if it ever fit.  My best friends older sister was annoyed with her one day when we playing a video game so she entered our names herself with some mods.  I got the Rebcoola and best friend got Kab*this lol.  When I made my first username I used Rebcoola since it was available and it just kind of stuck.

• Like 1

My user name comes from an old episode of the Andy Griffith show.

An old farmer refuses to allow his daughter to fix up pretty with makeup and nice clothing and stuff. The farmer says that he only has his daughter to help him run the farm and it's foolish for her to try to look pretty while performing manual labor.   Andy's girlfriend sneaks onto the farm and helps the young lady look pretty. The neighboring young men are very interested in this new version of "Frankie/Frances"

Andy finally convinces the old farmer that he is being shortsighted to not allow her to look pretty.

He tells the man that "Frankie" is a "fair farm hand"  but not as good as a male would be.  If he were to allow her to look pretty, she may end up with a nice strong husband who would be an asset to their farm. So while "Frankie is just a fair farm hand, Frances is definitely quite a girl." 

I use the username because while there are lots of things I can do on the farm, I'm just not that good at it. So I'm just a fair farm hand. My dh does think, however, that I'm quite a girl.

It still fits. I've never been much more than "fair" at what I do around here. I've quit caring so much though.

Edited by fairfarmhand
  • Like 13

15 hours ago, Quill said:

Whenever you respond in a thread that has a legal issue in it, I think, “Well, she is a lawyer, so…” 😁

That’s a whole other problem…. Mandatory disclaimer: I am a lawyer, but I’m never ever your lawyer, and I’m never actually giving legal advice.  Sigh. 

• Haha 9

Yes. My user name is the feminized version of my favorite dog, Tiberius. 

Tiberius was a very bad dog, but he was MY very bad dog, and I loved him a lot. I have many funny stories about the trouble he got into. He’s been gone for 11 years now, so that tells you I’m an old-timer here (joined in 2008 I think), even though I had to re-boot my account in 2018 when there was a  forum refresh.

My avatar is not Tiberius, but our first dog, Jack, who was perfect in every way and never in trouble.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Eos said:

I pronounce and think of hjffkj as "Hefjeeki"  And yes, I always get an image of nursing twins and Dr. King with mlktwins. This is a fun thread.

I always pronounce @hjffkjin my head as “hudge-fudge.” I know I’m skipping a letter but I reason that pronouncing the k makes it sound like the f-bomb so fudge works for that too. 🤣

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Lawyer&Mom said:

That’s a whole other problem…. Mandatory disclaimer: I am a lawyer, but I’m never ever your lawyer, and I’m never actually giving legal advice.  Sigh. 

How do you know you aren't my lawyer?  

I mean, I have lawyers.  Actually they're both male, so probably you aren't either of my lawyers, but they could become Lawyer&Dad mom and post here.  DH has a female lawyer though.  

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Baseballandhockey said:

How do you know you aren't my lawyer?  

I mean, I have lawyers.  Actually they're both male, so probably you aren't either of my lawyers, but they could become Lawyer&Dad mom and post here.  DH has a female lawyer though.  

I have *one* institutional client.  I’m positive I’m not your lawyer. 

• Haha 4

My username no longer fits me well. When I picked it, we had multiple children very heavily involved in BSA scouting. DH and I were heavily involved as scouting volunteers for over 25 years. Now all of our Scouts are adults and only one of those still does some Scout activities on occasion. I stopped doing much when our youngest had other interests that needed my time and energy. DH stayed involved until the pandemic made things difficult and exacerbated some issues with which he'd already been struggling. With a few small exceptions, we've mostly left Scouting behind, and I can't really call myself a mom2scouts anymore.

Edited by mom2scouts
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

I think I always had Chris somewhere in my name.  But after afterv3 moves and changing location names. I became transientChris so I wouldn't have yo keep changing my board name.  And when dh retired and we stayed here, I changed to travelingChris and yes, I still travel and love travelling. 

I think you were Chris in VA when I joined. At least that's the name/location I remember most before your current name.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lawyer&Mom said:

I have *one* institutional client.  I’m positive I’m not your lawyer. 

Listen, you might be and not know it. One of my best friends is my lawyer. She says she isn’t, but I Beetlejuiced her and made her my lawyer. That’s how the law works. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

Listen, you might be and not know it. One of my best friends is my lawyer. She says she isn’t, but I Beetlejuiced her and made her my lawyer. That’s how the law works. 

That sounds cheaper than how I made someone my lawyer, which involved paying a retainer.  Do you have directions?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My username is my name, so still fits 😊. I thought about changing it, but I kind of like the accountability it gives me-I have to watch my words in case anyone I know IRL were to ever stumble upon it (not that I would go crazy otherwise, but it eliminates any temptation to say anything I shouldn't).

• Like 2

19 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

My user name comes from an old episode of the Andy Griffith show.

An old farmer refuses to allow his daughter to fix up pretty with makeup and nice clothing and stuff. The farmer says that he only has his daughter to help him run the farm and it's foolish for her to try to look pretty while performing manual labor.   Andy's girlfriend sneaks onto the farm and helps the young lady look pretty. The neighboring young men are very interested in this new version of "Frankie/Frances"

Andy finally convinces the old farmer that he is being shortsighted to not allow her to look pretty.

He tells the man that "Frankie" is a "fair farm hand"  but not as good as a male would be.  If he were to allow her to look pretty, she may end up with a nice strong husband who would be an asset to their farm. So while "Frankie is just a fair farm hand, Frances is definitely quite a girl." 

I use the username because while there are lots of things I can do on the farm, I'm just not that good at it. So I'm just a fair farm hand. My dh does think, however, that I'm quite a girl.

It still fits. I've never been much more than "fair" at what I do around here. I've quit caring so much though.

So, I've always thought fairfarmhand meant beautiful farmhand; like a fair damsel 😁

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, maize said:

So, I've always thought fairfarmhand meant beautiful farmhand; like a fair damsel 😁

Just now, Tree Frog said:

This is also pretty much what I thought. A beautiful woman who lives on a hobby farm.

You guys...

Funny.

It could also mean "fair" as in pale skinned. Which I definitely am too! 

• Like 3

On 1/24/2022 at 4:45 PM, KungFuPanda said:

Mine never fit. It was for stealth. My first username was FirstName-in-State, so during one of the early board reboots, back when that movie came out, I changed my screen name. 

Same, for way back when. After the second relocation I gave up that format. 

My user names have changed for various reasons over the years, so I guess each one has been pretty up-to-date as far as how well it represents me. 

I have toyed with the idea of changing my user name to my word of the year each January, but that would likely be problematic since several of us may have the same word (like if others decided to also do that). It would honestly be a good regular reminder for me, though, as I would see that goal word whenever I checked the boards. 

• Like 1

Technically, yes. Philosophically, not really. I mean, I’m a wife, and my dh works in tech and we have a great marriage, but it wouldn’t be the primary way I identify myself to a bunch of strangers. I used this name on other forums first, where that was more relevant, and just re-used it when I came over here. A few of the same people were on both, so we recognized each other.

• Like 3

I've changed my username three times to keep it relevant. I always post my previous name in my siggy when I change it. I think my pic has been the same for years and reflects some of my favorite things - reading, kayaking (outdoor activities), and chai.

Edited: my current user name is a favorite fictional character.

Edited by Granny_Weatherwax
  • Like 3

On 1/25/2022 at 4:08 PM, Lady Florida. said:

I think you were Chris in VA when I joined. At least that's the name/location I remember most before your current name.

Nope- I went to VA right after Space Coast.  And I knew you before when I was in Belgium because I think I messaged you about homeschooling groups and then I joined your group too.

On 1/25/2022 at 7:22 PM, Anne said:

Wait - Chris in VA and TravelingChris are different people??!!  I'm SO confused!!  Yes, we definitely are.  I think she was Chris in VA while I was living in Space Coast, FL.  While I used place names for a while, at some point, definitely by the time I was in VA, I chose the name TransientChris.  My dh was in the USAF and we moved a lot, until the last posting which is where he retired and we still live.  Chris in VA's husband was a pastor of a church in VA, and then went to Israel to teach, I believe.  As to distances moved- I probably have her beat since we went back and forth across the country a number of times and also were sent to Europe too.

Anne

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 7:06 PM, Baseballandhockey said:

Yes, the fact the @Chris in VAseemed to have traveled further from VA than @TravelingChris was very confusing to me for a hot minute.

In her last journey,.  You haven't been here long but I was here in 99 and since then traveled a lot of  miles= 3 journeys back and forth across most of the country, back and forth across Atlantic, up East Coast, and then mountain journey here and those are just are moves or major TDY.  I have traveled a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

Nope- I went to VA right after Space Coast.  And I knew you before when I was in Belgium because I think I messaged you about homeschooling groups and then I joined your group too.

I didn't think I was active on WTM when I knew you locally but I might have been. It was all so long ago lol. I was here since the old old non-forum style but not much of an active poster until it changed to this style. I do remember when you messaged me. You didn't have VA in your name at all? Am I just misremembering that part? 

On 1/24/2022 at 4:29 PM, Hilltopmom said:

Ha! I always think of your name as “milk twins” like wow- she nursed twins.. it was so memorable that it’s her username. 😂 

This is what I always thought because I nursed twins. So that automatically where my mind went. 😂

Mine is relevant to my life for a little while longer. POP is the unofficial nickname for Pups on the Plains. It’s an animal rescue my oldest daughters started when they were sophomores in college. Dh and I have been pretty involved—as temporary fosters, transport, or coupon bargain shopping pet supplies. 🙂 One dd has graduated and the other (grad school) is about to start internship in another state, so they are restructuring the organization, its purpose, and it will be an official university organization rather than a private 501c3. The name will change then. 

Not sure if I will change my username or not.

”my oldest daughters” = my milk twins 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, popmom said:

Mine is relevant to my life for a little while longer. POP is the unofficial nickname for Pups on the Plains. It’s an animal rescue my oldest daughters started when they were sophomores in college. Dh and I have been pretty involved—as temporary fosters, transport, or coupon bargain shopping pet supplies. 🙂 One dd has graduated and the other (grad school) is about to start internship in another state, so they are restructuring the organization, its purpose, and it will be an official university organization rather than a private 501c3. The name will change then. 

Not sure if I will change my username or not.

”my oldest daughters” = my milk twins 

Very cool - I've always assumed you were into groovy modern culture!

Edited by Eos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi everyone! I was just popping in to see how the Hive is doing, and saw I got a notification. How sweet to be mentioned, even if somewhat in error!

My name kinda fits...We moved to East Jerusalem in Oct of 2018 so my husband could take a position as the chaplain to the Anglican Archbishop in Jerusalem . He would like to stay forever, and I wish we could do 3 months on/3 months off at home, but our time is up in October. We still have a home in VA. 

All my kids are grown, but I think of y'all often! Wishing you all the best!

• Like 8