Menu

Please pray...

WildflowerMom

3 hours ago, mom31257 said:

I'm so sorry! I am praying now. 

My dd is really struggling with some things right now. It is so hard to watch our adult children have difficulties. Mine lives 3 hours away, which makes it even harder. 

Amen, sister.  Parenting young adults is harder than at any age, IME.  

Mine lives 20 minutes away and I might be staging an intervention tonight, so y’all please keep praying that I don’t kill this kid.   (Sarcasm, of course)  I am done pussyfooting around.    The gentle approach has not worked, so I’m stepping it up.  Just sent him a long text after talking to his gf.  I’m about to lose my mind.   I have a dr appt in a minute and my blood pressure will probably be through the roof.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 14

1 hour ago, WildflowerMom said:

Amen, sister.  Parenting young adults is harder than at any age, IME.  

Mine lives 20 minutes away and I might be staging an intervention tonight, so y’all please keep praying that I don’t kill this kid.   (Sarcasm, of course)  I am done pussyfooting around.    The gentle approach has not worked, so I’m stepping it up.  Just sent him a long text after talking to his gf.  I’m about to lose my mind.   I have a dr appt in a minute and my blood pressure will probably be through the roof.   

Praying for the rest of your day today and your discernment as to next best steps. It’s so hard!

• Thanks 1

please DONT QUOTE....
He's angry with me, says he's not coming for Easter like he'd planned.  I really don't care about that, tbh.  I just need him healthy, mentally and physically.  If he shuts me out for a while because I told him that, I'm ok with that, ykwim?  I needed him to know how serious what he's going through is and I told him.  Of course, I also told him how much I love him and how crazy about him I am.   Nothing more I can do right now.    I need some chocolate. 

• Sad 15

don’t quote please

Well, ds called me.   He had applied for a new job a couple weeks ago and he called to tell me that not only did they call him back, but they offered him the assistant manager position, which he didn’t even apply for. No interview either, they just went by the word of the people who work there that he already knows. (they know him from his current job, so they know what kind of worker he is)  My mind is kinda blown by that, honestly.  But anyway, he called and told me what he’d be doing, hours, salary, etc.  he was sounding obviously ‘down’ talking to me, but I could hear him talk to his friends in the background and he was fine with them.  I guess he wanted me to know he was still irritated with me.  But I’ll take what I can get.    🤷🏻‍♀️  
Dh got mad about me about something really stupid, I boiled grits and they overflowed onto the stove (y’all know I can’t cook), and I’ve been crying ever since.  I really just want to walk away right now.  Just so done with it all.   

• Sad 21

Oh man I am just so sorry that you are having such a hard time.  I am very proud of your son and hope he loves the job (is he taking it?).  Your husband is probably just projecting all his worry and anxiety onto you and it is coming out as frustration/anger.   You are both so worried and caught up in dealing with your son that there is nothing left over emotionally to deal with each other.

Eat chocolate and watch trashy tv.  If you drink, have a glass of wine to go with the chocolate and trashy tv.  If not, then double up on the chocolate.

As for young adults being the hardest age to parent, you are 2000 percent correct!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1