Menu

S/o: What was the first item you ever ordered on Amazon?

J-rap

Fun post.  :-)  

The first thing I ordered were actually Christmas presents for family:  2nd season fo Highlander and 2nd season of Gilmore Girls.  

The first book I ordered is The Cloud Garden: A True Story of Adventure, Survival, and Extreme Horticulutre  

Apparently I opened my amazon account in 2004.  I do know I ordered textbooks form amazon in college, but it must have been under my parents' account.  

• Like 1

2001- a puzzle storage case and a stroller snack and activity tray.

I don't have another order under my account for 8 more years. Since I know I had ordered in that time period I must have been logged in as my husband.

It is funny how I went from ordering two things around the holidays to almost monthly now.

My dh had his account long before I had my own. He probably opened his when Amazon started in 94.

Edited by kewb
  • Like 2

In 2002 I ordered CandyLand and Chutes and Ladders. They were $4.99 each and they must have been running a shipping special because the shipping charges were deducted. 2003 had one order-a book for dh.

2004 is where the trouble really began....I ordered ds18's school books (recommended by WTM 1st edition).

• Like 1

Four books: Geraldine McCaughrean's Greek Myths and God's People, also DK Classics The Odyssey and....

The Well-Trained Mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting to homeschool got me started on Amazon.

May 2000. I had pulled one son from 3rd grade mid-year and then middle dd from 1st grade start of last quarter. Had been using WTM from library if I recall, and wanted own copy.

• Like 1

4 grown up books. My first educational book was in my 3rd order a few weeks after my first order. This was in 1998 when I had a 6 year old that didn't live with me full time, and a 2 year old, and 1 on the way. I bought a Montessori book so I could start working with my toddler but I hadn't even heard about homeschooling yet. That was 3 years later. However, I was very into reading to my children from the time they were able to sit in my lap and look at the pictures and teaching them small things. I loved Montessori for that.

• Like 1

I only had 6 orders in the first 3 years. For contrast, I had 84 orders in 2017.  :lol:

In 2000, my DH ordered Star Wars Episode I - Widescreen Edition. A couple months later I ordered Quicken 2000, which we used until 2008!! (got my money out of that one).

2001 had one order of 3 books - 1 for me (freezer cooking), 2 for DH (Star Wars & Small Engine Repair).

2002: no orders.

2003 I started buying books for oldest DD (born early 2002): Before Five in a Row, Angus Lost, Big Green Pocketbook, First Art, Story Stretchers. 

2004: it started to get busy on my Amazon account. 

• Like 2

I only had 6 orders in the first 3 years. For contrast, I had 84 orders in 2017.  :lol:

In 2000, my DH ordered Star Wars Episode I - Widescreen Edition. A couple months later I ordered Quicken 2000, which we used until 2008!! (got my money out of that one).

2001 had one order of 3 books - 1 for me (freezer cooking), 2 for DH (Star Wars & Small Engine Repair).

2002: no orders.

2003 I started buying books for oldest DD (born early 2002): Before Five in a Row, Angus Lost, Big Green Pocketbook, First Art, Story Stretchers. 

2004: it started to get busy on my Amazon account. 

The increase in my orders over the years is very similar to this!

• Like 1

Two books:

What keeps teachers going? By Sonia Nieto
Democracy Matters: Winning the fight against Imperialism by Cornel West 

From 2005 - 2013, I only placed 2-4 orders a year. 2013 that increased to 17 which has stayed pretty consistent since, though I had a couple years with 43-45 orders.  I should probably drop prime. lol. 

Edited by xixstar

I'm sure I was ordering things before Nov 2000, but that's what it shows for my first order. (and only order for 2000)

it was a bunch of stuff on the same order for christmas. 3 calendars,  3 videos, two small kitchen gadgets, and an alarm clock.  it came to $109.  

Now, I spend more than that in a single order.  (not all the time, but too often.)

• Like 1

2005 - The Teenage Liberation Handbook. I had to think for a minute about why I ordered that since ds was only 8 at the time, then I remembered that's when my niece came home from middle school and my brother asked me to help homeschool her. 

For the first 2 years all I ordered was books. Then I added CDs and DVDs. It wasn't until 2009 I branched out and started ordering other things - non media items.

Edited by Lady Florida.

2005 - Purrfect Pagoda - a very large cat cat condo, and a month later a counter-high mini refrigerator. We still have the refrigerator, although it is only running on one mode - freeze solid. The temperature controls are no longer working. 

Edited by RosemaryAndThyme

3 books:

Adventures in Gentle Discipline

Playful Parenting

Unconditional Parenting

DD was just moving into the toddler phase as she started walking in Nov of that year.

Pretty much everything I've ordered was a book (one CD, a couple of sets of markers in 2016).  It wasn't until DH got Prime last year that we started to order a lot more (and a lot larger) items.

July 1998, it would have been books for DH's birthday I think.

How the Irish Saved Civilization : The Untold Story of Ireland's Heroic Role from the Fall of Rome to the Rise of Medieval Europe

Exploring Church History

America's Least Competent Criminals : True Tales of Would-Be Outlaws Who Have Botched, Bungled, and Otherwise Haplessly but Hilariously Fumbled Their

I'm sure I've ordered stuff from Amazon pre-2010, but that's the first order listed. 8 different things, all for toddlers, some special needs. 

ETA: that first order was 8 things. There are other things I ordered in 2010 as well. 

Edited by luuknam

well, I am 100% sure all of my orders are not showing up.  I went and looked for the first order when I got prime. I remember what it was, and when  during he year - just not which year.  it's not there.  and I have years with no orders showing at all.